Deiveson is damn good

Garbrandt has never been a bad wrestler. He has an 80% TD defence rate and was able to take down Cruz back in the day. And of course Deveison is also the first to sub him.

Cody would want to have an 80% tdd rate considering he's fought pretty much all striking-based fighters in the UFC lol.

And his grappling can't be too good if he got taken down 2/3 times by Rob Font of all people, while going 3/10 himself haha.

5f13baa6988ee3574624e9e3

I thought he killed Joe B
1714198406128.jpeg1714198406128.jpeg

That is true about it being a younger man's game in the lower divisions but there are sometimes exceptions like Faber who was top 10 at like 39-40ish. I've also noticed most fighters are in better shape this year due to some changes the UFC made.
I thought Figgy's standup against Cody wasn't good enough for the top of the division. He's declined slightly with the emphasis on slightly. Father time is moving away from him at this point. I think when Faber was at the top, the level of talent wasn't the same. Your point about the changes the UFC made are noted and is something I need to consider. I think it's possible for a guy to be top 5 or top 10ish as you say at Figgy's age and older. I just don't see him as a serious guy for title considerations at this point. I also expect him to get beat by guys like Yan, Sandhagen, O'Malley and Merab. I think those guys are big favorites against Figgy. Against guys like Chito, Song, Umar and Cejudo I would favor them over Figgy at this point also. I think Figgy has the best chance against Cejudo and Song in that order. Cejudo is 37 so he is in the same boat.

Lmao no. Volk is an inch taller and significantly thicker. He walks around at 180 plus. Volk's also a special talent, he's the shortest fighter in his division and would be short for bantamweight were he able to make it (he can't).

According to Sherdog height experts, Volk is supposedly 5'5 himself. But yeah, he's definitely thicker than Figgy.

According to Sherdog height experts, Volk is supposedly 5'5 himself. But yeah, he's definitely thicker than Figgy.
Volk's also a generational talent. Similar to Mighty Mouse, he's been batting above his height class and thriving. Figgy hasn't. He wasn't dominant at flyweight and likely won't be at bantamweight either. Seems like a solid contender though.

Back