News Demetrious Johnson bow and arrow chokes 6’3” 250 lbs Brown Belt Sherdogger at IBJJF Championships

I'm not a pro wrestling fan, but look at the size of this bastard. Even untrained he would be a monster. He's approximately 7'3, 400lbs or so.

omos.jpg

Brock-Lesnar-Omos.jpg

I have no idea if he can actually wrestle though.

Mighty mouse as a brown belt is sandbagging of the highest order.

5 sub wins in world title fights = brown belt <YeahOKJen>
I honestly consider this massive sandbagging. The man is an active pro fighter and former ufc champion. Maybe if he wants a challenge try entering some adult tournaments instead of master 2?

Master 2 is a minimum age of 36 so the guys he are competing with are basically all part time hobbyists, anybody still at brown belt at that age is nowhere near a pro level. I mean look at the guy, he certainly isn't physically/athletically disadvantaged compared to younger men. Also DJ has been a brown belt for I think 6 years and already won world masters and is still a brown belt? And has been training for like 20 years?

It's cool that he's competing in the gi but if he's going to do masters he should do blackbelt or if he's going to do brown belt then do it in adult.

I would fucking love it if he got an invite to ADCC or to see him compete against somebody actually high level (I'm sure some of these dudes have good jiu jitsu for sure but the difference between masters and adult especially in the lower belts is HUGE) but I think he's looking for easy layups for publicity and YouTube channel views, which I can't really fault the guy for.

Edit: to all the people talking about this Bradley Martin bum, DJ wouldn't compete with him anyways, he's not old enough.

Last edited:
Wtf is this thread turning into?

We see a great athlete at masters age having great performances in SPORT with rules and judging criteria, and the fools here turn this to a ”would not have worked in da streets!” Or ”add strikes to that”.

What’s wrong with people?

This is an asinine take.

Could he beat a grizzly bear too? They don't have any training either.

If that guy he was fighting started punching him it might be over in seconds. Of course DJ could beat him too, but at a certain point discrepancy in size/athletic ability is somewhat of a deal breaker.

Of course when they aren't hitting each other it is way different.

I mean a grizzly bear isn't human...that's a pretty big difference. Brock Lesnar would lose to animals that are smaller than him also.

No, size doesn't really matter when talking about someone like DJ. Untrained and GOAT candidate is a gigantic gap.

No one in the NBA can beat up Demetrius Johnson without any training and they are the biggest humans on earth. That's basically what you're saying, that someone like Kevin Durant can beat up DJ - because if not, then what is this hypothetical "size/discrepancy"? There aren't any 10 foot, 8% BF humans.

He would not be able to land a single punch.
What would DJ do then? I’m sorry but that fat bjj guy seems to not even be able to walk straight without falling. Not saying the bodybuilder is much better but an actual athlete of 230 pounds would kill DJ in a real fight. There’s just too much size and strenght difference. Other than punching or kicking in the nuts there’s nothing DJ could do…

You can't actually be stupid enough to think any of them mean they'd try and do BJJ with them right? They're saying they'd win a street fight where they can do anything Christ.

Don't get me wrong, they're still largely being stupid. But none of them are saying they'd land a bow and arrows choke or grapple them. They're (delusionally) saying they'd just throw them into a wall or something if they had to fight them for real.

In a street fight the best bet would be to grapple a guy like MM. Because the average bigger dude is way too slow and way too uncoordinated to land anything on MM in the stand up. Their best chance would be to grab a hold of him so they could use their size and strength advantage to their advantage. But if a 6'3" 250 lbs trained and skilled grappler can't do anything to MM, the average guy isn't doing anything at all. But then we always get the "but in a street fight they can fight dirty or use a weapon, etc. etc." Yes, but so could MM. Dude could literally bite off your scrotum in a moment's notice by just running head first into your crotch while ducking under whatever wild punch you've decided to throw.

MM could use only BJJ to beat most untrained dudes. If he uses all his combat skills it's only that much easier.

Last edited:
Back