News Demetrious Johnson bow and arrow chokes 6’3” 250 lbs Brown Belt Sherdogger at IBJJF Championships

Mighty mouse as a brown belt is sandbagging of the highest order.

5 sub wins in world title fights = brown belt <YeahOKJen>
This is also kind of true. Still love MM and it doesn’t change the fact that he would manhandle big brained Brad
Imagine if MM is doing this, what would Nate Diaz do to B Martin.
its funny you mention that. There’s a TikTok\x post I saw today of nate snapping down a power lifter and showing him what he would do to him in a fight lol

Huh? Of course he could get an arm around his neck lol. He's small but not that small. Don't need a long reach to wrap a choke. Plus short fulcrum chokes exist for a reason lol. DJ could definitely leverage a top armbar, especially in the likely case that BS doesn't know to not extend his arms. But personally, I wouldn't want to do anything but attack the back against someone that big. DJ pretty easily picked up a leg a day finished a knee tap on a hw pan champ. I think he can manage it on someone who doesn't do competitive combat sports.

And lol at just lay on top of them. You still need proper technique to pin someone. Being heavy isn't enough to keep someone that much better than you down in most cases. We even see the guy in the video (a frequent competitor and pan champ) failing to get DJ down even with the use of gi grips.

Striking is the only path to such for big untrained guys. If it goes to the ground them DJ will submit them without a doubt

We’re talking a factor of 4x in weight difference. It’s basically child vs a man.

They aren’t even the same species. There is obvious a point where size and strength is just simply too much.

It's kinda funny how everybody's just avoiding the other part of the news which was that DJ got submitted by a 215lb guy.

It's almost like yes, size is an important factor.
It absolutely is. It shows how good DJ with how successful he is in spite of it but size matters. That was the first time DJ has been tapped in comp apparently. Homie got double gold that day. Dude who won the open is a beast.

DJ beat the guy who won Ultra heavy which is crazy

You seriously seem to be under the misimpression that a street fight starts when two people mutually agree to fight, formally square up, and someone says go.

That's just a narrative you made up in your mind, bud. Might be due to a mix of poor reading comprehension and an inability to accept that you might be wrong would be my guess.

And not when somebody unexpectedly punches you in the face, grabs your shirt in both their hands and hauls you around, shoves you over into a table/chair, or their buddy grabs you from behind.

Bruh, the vast majority of street fights have a whole lot of tells and red flags before they pop off, they are only unexpected if you fail to notice those signs. But most fighters are great at reading body language and detecting anger and violent intent, because that's kind of their whole business, it's their world. Especially MM is super sharp with insane reflexes, you won't be able to fool him that easily.

But of course, it is possible to catch him off guard if you perfectly plan it and have mastered consealing your intention. But 99,999 of the population isn't able to do that. And also most of the time people are drunk in street fights, that's often what makes it much easier to catch them off guard. I don't think MM drinks and if he does, I doubt he really gets drunk. While the guy attacking him is much more likely to be drunk and therefor at even more of a disadvantage.

And bringing in a buddy is really moving the goalposts, bud. Because the premise was if one guy can beat another guy. Not a 1 vs 2 situation. You know that. It was about the people that would think they could take MM simply because they are bigger. Not because they are getting a buddy to help them out.

But if you want to play that game, MM has buddies too and his buddies are also trained fighters...

There's fights and then there's sports. "DJ would never get hit or never caught by a big guy" is some dumb ass shit unless you wanna argue DJ's the one starting the fight. Otherwise like anybody else he's finding out he's in a fight when he's unexpectedly 2 feet away from where he started because someone got mad about something.

Bruh, you watch too many movies

We’re talking a factor of 4x in weight difference. It’s basically child vs a man.

They aren’t even the same species. There is obvious a point where size and strength is just simply too much.
Dawg, big shows neck can be choked like anyone else's lol. Big guys are very human. Their joins break like everyone elses and they still need to breath air. DJ could wrap up a fully locked RNC on him without issue. You're exaggerating to a silly degree with this.

Size is absolutely important. BS managing to land a punch on DJ would be devastating for sure. HOWEVER, DJ has clearly shown to be able to take down high level TRAINED ultra heavyweights and understand how to use takedowns that don't require more strength. DJ could potentially get BS down and could definitely be able to submit him, likely with a choke from the back.

Would it happen? Who the fuck knows, it is a stupid hypothetical. But if anyone has shown that you can overcome extreme gaps in size, it' is DJ.

That's just a narrative you made up in your mind, bud. Might be due to a mix of poor reading comprehension and an inability to accept that you might be wrong would be my guess.

Bruh, the vast majority of street fights have a whole lot of tells and red flags before they pop off, they are only unexpected if you fail to notice those signs. But most fighters are great at reading body language and detecting anger and violent intent, because that's kind of their whole business, it's their world. Especially MM is super sharp with insane reflexes, you won't be able to fool him that easily.

But of course, it is possible to catch him off guard if you perfectly plan it and have mastered consealing your intention. But 99,999 of the population isn't able to do that. And also most of the time people are drunk in street fights, that's often what makes it much easier to catch them off guard. I don't think MM drinks and if he does, I doubt he really gets drunk. While the guy attacking him is much more likely to be drunk and therefor at even more of a disadvantage.

And bringing in a buddy is really moving the goalposts, bud. Because the premise was if one guy can beat another guy. Not a 1 vs 2 situation. You know that. It was about the people that would think they could take MM simply because they are bigger. Not because they are getting a buddy to help them out.

But if you want to play that game, MM has buddies too and his buddies are also trained fighters...

Bruh, you watch too many movies
^^^^^^^^^^All of this

We’re talking a factor of 4x in weight difference.
No we aren't. Mighty Mouse is 155lbs. We are not talking about 620lb untrained men.
It’s basically child vs a man.
No, it's a small adult male vs a very large adult male
They aren’t even the same species.
Yes they are
There is obvious a point where size and strength is just simply too much.
If it's so obvious, where is that point, exactly?

Dawg, big shows neck can be choked like anyone else's lol. Big guys are very human. Their joins break like everyone elses and they still need to breath air. DJ could wrap up a fully locked RNC on him without issue. You're exaggerating to a silly degree with this.

Size is absolutely important. BS managing to land a punch on DJ would be devastating for sure. HOWEVER, DJ has clearly shown to be able to take down high level TRAINED ultra heavyweights and understand how to use takedowns that don't require more strength. DJ could potentially get BS down and could definitely be able to submit him, likely with a choke from the back.

Would it happen? Who the fuck knows, it is a stupid hypothetical. But if anyone has shown that you can overcome extreme gaps in size, it' is DJ.

Do you believe a talented black belt jiujitsu 6 year old could tap a 200 pound full adult male that never trained?

No we aren't. Mighty Mouse is 155lbs. We are not talking about 620lb untrained men.

No, it's a small adult male vs a very large adult male

Yes they are

If it's so obvious, where is that point, exactly?

Get a load of mr. literal.

DJ is just 5 inches away from being medically a dwarf. He's 5'3 and dwarfism starts at 4'10.

5'9 is a small adult male.
5'3 is a borderline dwarf.

Do you know why it's so impressive that DJ can submit someone that is 240 lbs? Because it's really hard.
And it's improbable if not impossible for him to submit someone that's 7 feet and 500 pounds, that wouldn't die just from running half a mile.

Do you believe a talented black belt jiujitsu 6 year old could tap a 200 pound full adult male that never trained?
False equivalency.

If that person was the size of a child but they had been through puberty and trained their body and mind for decades? Yes, easily.

A chimpanzee weighs like 100lbs but it could rip your arms off and literally eat your face. Size matters, but other things matter more.

Mighty Mouse is not a child. He is a full-grown man and one of the greatest fighters of all time.

If you think some random 250lb guy with no training could beat him in a fight, I don't know what to rell you. I hope you are trolling.

Brendan Schaub is a black belt. I guess that means he's a better fighter than MM.

False equivalency.

If that person was the size of a child but they had been through puberty and trained their body and mind for decades? Yes, easily.

A chimpanzee weighs like 100lbs but it could rip your arms off and literally eat your face. Size matters, but other things matter more.

Mighty Mouse is not a child. He is a full-grown man and one of the greatest fighters of all time.

If you think some random 250lb guy with no training could beat him in a fight, I don't know what to rell you. I hope you are trolling.

250lb random guy? He tapped someone in this video that fits that description, so no, I don't think he would lose to a 250lber. I do think he would lose to a freakish giant that's in the 500lb range and is relatively fit.

Look, even if MM was a little bigger, further away from the midget range, like 5'6-5'7 somewhere in the bantamweight/featherweight range, I'd think he can slay giants.

But he's pretty much the smallest 125lber, and I constantly feel like I'm watching a dwarf fight when I see his fights.

250lb random guy? He tapped someone in this video that fits that description, so no, I don't think he would lose to a 250lber.
The guy in the video is a high level BjJ brown belt, not some random guy.
I do think he would lose to a freakish giant that's in the 500lb range and is relatively fit.
Untrained? What is he going to do to Mighty Mouse? He would not be able to SEE Mighty Mouse, let alone touch him.
Look, even if MM was a little bigger, further away from the midget range, like 5'6-5'7 somewhere in the bantamweight/featherweight range, I'd think he can slay giants.
He is 155lbs in this video
But he's pretty much the smallest 125lber, and I constantly feel like I'm watching a dwarf fight when I see his fights.
He is 5'3, and absolutely fucking jacked. He is short, but he carries a lot of muscle, and he's insanely fast. I also guarantee that he is physically stronger than most guys, even big guys.

Get a load of mr. literal.

DJ is just 5 inches away from being medically a dwarf. He's 5'3 and dwarfism starts at 4'10.
5 inches is a huge difference. Therefore Mighty Mouse is nowhere near a dwarf. Just a short man.
5'9 is a small adult male.
5'9 is average height in many countries, and quite tall in others
5'3 is a borderline dwarf.
No, it isn't
Do you know why it's so impressive that DJ can submit someone that is 240 lbs? Because it's really hard.
Defeating Mighty Mouse in hand to hand combat is really hard too. But for some reason you seem to think that sheer size, and nothing else, is enough to accomplish the feat.
And it's improbable if not impossible for him to submit someone that's 7 feet and 500 pounds, that wouldn't die just from running half a mile.
And how many people, in the entire world, do you think fit that description?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biden's Diaper
Back