News Demetrious Johnson bow and arrow chokes 6’3” 250 lbs Brown Belt Sherdogger at IBJJF Championships

Paul Wright (Big Show) weighed in over 500lbs for a while, and I’d say he’d have beat MM pretty easily.

There’s also this huge Irish fat strongman View attachment 1036490

Although, yes when it comes to football linebackers 400lbs is probably the biggest you will get.

lmao did you just call the Big Show athletic?

It's so funny when untrained wankers sincerely think that they could beat a Flyweight in a fight.

It really depends on the flyweight and the fight. MM isn't just any flyweight, and BJJ without strikes/slams/etc. is a completely different competition than what most of us would consider a "fight."

That being said, I really do wonder why the 250 pound guy MM was fighting didn't just stand up and reset the position. If Black Beast can do it against heavyweights, why in the world can't this guy get up with a 125 pounder on his back?

It really depends on the flyweight and the fight. MM isn't just any flyweight, and BJJ without strikes/slams/etc. is a completely different competition than what most of us would consider a "fight."

That being said, I really do wonder why the 250 pound guy MM was fighting didn't just stand up and reset the position. If Black Beast can do it against heavyweights, why in the world can't this guy get up with a 125 pounder on his back?

This guy doesn’t look particularly strong.

lmao did you just call the Big Show athletic?

He's certainly more athletic than most people who weigh a quarter of a ton. Aside from his sheer strength, he works very well with whatever his opponent is trying to do with him, which takes both talent and physical ability. Two instances that come to mind are Lesnar's superplex (Lesnar's strong, but that move doesn't happen unless Big Show performs the flip himself), and Goldberg's jackhammer (again, Goldberg is strong, but someone doesn't just stay inverted perfectly vertically unless they're the one doing it).

KRW3EP.gif

ae475ce89a75a3c8457d2cde112ed8a6.gif

He's certainly more athletic than most people who weigh a quarter of a ton. Aside from his sheer strength, he works very well with whatever his opponent is trying to do with him, which takes both talent and physical ability. Two instances that come to mind are Lesnar's superplex (Lesnar's strong, but that move doesn't happen unless Big Show performs the flip himself), and Goldberg's jackhammer (again, Goldberg is strong, but someone doesn't just stay inverted perfectly vertically unless they're the one doing it).

KRW3EP.gif

thxfryQv4PAZmIThnP9N85ukBFsC27LxdPcN5L_z66I.png

I used to watch him back in the day but I never really saw the speed or fluency of movement to suggest he's beating Demetrious Johnson in a fight.

You don’t think someone almost 7 foot, weighing in at 500lbs, has enough cardio to go 1 round could beat MM?

MM would be like a 6 year old kid going up against an adult man.

I mean if you've never trained I could see why you'd think that. Dude isn't having the cardio to go a round in something he isn't trained in either. Grappling is fucking exhausting when you're new.

I mean if you've never trained I could see why you'd think that. Dude isn't having the cardio to go a round in something he isn't trained in either. Grappling is fucking exhausting when you're new.

how would MM even grapple him. The size and strength difference is too great. You are looking at someone with the strength to literally toss MM across the octagon.

It would be like a heavyweight vs a god damn gorilla. The gorilla is just too strong.

how would MM even grapple him. The size and strength difference is too great. You are looking at someone with the strength to literally toss MM across the octagon.

It would be like a heavyweight vs a god damn gorilla. The gorilla is just too strong.

That's kind of my thought too. What is MM's road to success? He certainly couldn't get an arm around Big Show's neck. I doubt even with both arms and leverage he could make an armbar work. He wouldn't be able to lift Big Show's leg to take him down.

Really, as long as the huge opponent can get a hand on the tiny one, you can throw technique out the window. The huge one can just lay on top of the tiny one, and that's the match.

Being good at competitions doesn't mean you should be promoted though. Nor is being good at MMA. Brown belts can and beat black belts all the time, that isn't what belts measure.

DJ is no more of a 'sandbag' than any other competitive brown belt.

I still do not get how people post on here and do not understand what a blackbelt is. I'm not saying that DJ doesn't deserve one, but making it seem like it's goofy that an MMA champion is not a blackbelt in a martial art is silly.

Being good on the ground doesn't mean blackbelt in BJJ.

Run away until he got tired. Should take a minute or two.

You vastly underestimate how important balance is in grappling.

That's kind of my thought too. What is MM's road to success? He certainly couldn't get an arm around Big Show's neck. I doubt even with both arms and leverage he could make an armbar work. He wouldn't be able to lift Big Show's leg to take him down.

Really, as long as the huge opponent can get a hand on the tiny one, you can throw technique out the window. The huge one can just lay on top of the tiny one, and that's the match.

Of course he could get an arm around his neck lol. My 11 year old daughter can put an RNC on me and connect it enough to lock it up and squeeze.

But that's a big if.

Like, if I could somehow grab a hold of a black bears nutsack with both hands I could probably rip it off and the bear would maybe run away, but he's not gonna let me just grab it. Believe me. I've tried. Even one of the bears at the zoo, if you feed him a whole pint of honey first - and honey isn't cheap! - and you try and use a gentle caress. It just won't work.
You need to gain its trust slowly over time.
And maybe sedate it.

Back