Media Demetrious Johnson Says Dana Lied About his Contract. Was told "We do Not Give PPV Points to Flyweight Guys"

Why is this dude still crying he made millions of dollars in the UFC , its been a decade move on manlet.

Ok and what qualifies as "People who earn money for the company"? Like what is the specific number you need to sell.

Could be wrong but doesn't being champ automatically grant you a cut from each PPV sold?

Obviously, the final payout would vary based on how well the card sold. But Whether it did 300K or 1 Million PPVs. I believe he should have been getting a small percentage of each PPV sold.
That would be common sense but no, points its not added by default, having said that, is quite safe to give it to a fighter, he sells PPV's then he earned it, no draw power = no PPV cut.

Mighty Mouse headlined a PPV card 4 times. 2 of those did 115k buys, one had 125k, another one card did 205k buys and the last one had Conor vs Poirier on it. DJ just wasn’t a draw, there basically was no PPV cut to give him. In his last in UFC fight he earned 430k. He’s not making more money in One and if he is, then One is definitely losing money on him

It's funny how the narrative always changes with lower weight class fighters. Haters try to say DJ was boring and then someone posts up all his wild finishes and it's back to but he's not big enough to satisfy me!

Y'all got some weird issues lmao 🤣

We are all dorks and nerds on an internet karate forum.

Except maybe @Frode Falch and @BoxerMaurits

There was some really big well known fighters here back in the days. I remember chatting with john wayne parr on PM.

I guess the silly keyboard warriors made it less fun for high level fighters to be here

Gotcha, but that still doesn't add up to flyweights get nothing tbf.
And how do they know what someone bought it for?

They don't for sure but if there's a pattern of a guy headlining and not doing numbers then I guess that's what they look for.

DJ is one of the GOATs. Too bad he never got the respect he deserves from fans or the UFC. Not surprised by either though.

This would be Johnsons problem
Why?
1. It was widely known they do even before he showed up to the ufc,
2. Regardless of how good he is, he bRely brand 300,000 buys. Every single time he fought. , he wouldn't be warranted ppv$$

It's possible I have him confused with some other interchangeable little guy who couldn't draw flies to shit.
Damn you must MM is the goat and everyone loved watching him he fights to win for the finish and is prolly the most skilled to ever do it

I will fully admit I did not appreciate him at the time but FW was very young and shallow and fans had very little interest it back then.

He wasn't selling a lot of PPV's but he did deserve his cut.
Agreed. I thought he was boring but he ran through his division. Can't deny the accolades. Definitely deserved a cut.

Back