Elections Democratic Gov. Andy Beshear wins re-election in Kentucky + other recent election thoughts

panem-et-circenses

In the garden
Reaction score
Democratic Gov. Andy Beshear of Kentucky has won re-election, defying the usual political leanings of the red state, NBC News projects.

Beshear defeated GOP state Attorney General Daniel Cameron in an expensive and hard-fought race.”

NBC

The people of beautiful Kentucky elected Andy Beshear.

Beshear, the son of former Gov. Steve Beshear, who led Kentucky from 2007 through 2015, is one of just three Democratic governors in the South or Southeast — a number that will be reduced to two when Louisiana Gov. John Bel Edwards leaves office early next year.

NYPOST

https://apnews.com/live/election-2023-live-updates

I think at this point the only way Trump can beat Biden is he should endorse Biden.
The only time a Trump endorsement works is some massively gerrymandered district.
He lost PA senate race and managed to get a guy who recently had a stroke elected.
Trump has taken 3 straight L’s in GA senate races.
If I run for President for my HOA, I hope Trump does not endorse me or I will take the L.

Trump knows winners
F-YMhSVX0AA3ohE

Trump knows winners
F-YMhSVX0AA3ohE

There is no way a Southern Republican state would NOT support a MAGA candidate. So the only logical conclusion is that the Dems cheated !

im actually surprised to see a democrat winning a kentucky governors election. even if he is being re-elected. i thought alabama was maga country. at least thats the impression i always get whenever i think of alabama. as far as i know, banging your relatives and not receiving an education is kinda normal over there and panders to their base.

I live in Kentucky. There are a lot of Trump supporters that like Beshear believe it or not. So far he has been able to reach the middle ground with both parties and is popular.

Always aim for the center.

It's why Trump is unelectable.

He thinks he's tapped into what the 'right' want, but ultimately all he's accessed is the fringe right - the loud minority.

It doesn't sell.

There is no way a Southern Republican state would NOT support a MAGA candidate. So the only logical conclusion is that the Dems cheated !

Cameron was abysmal in the debates. Total Electile Dysfunction

It doesn't sell.

Sadly, it’s selling. Well, Biden isn’t selling is the problem. I have yet to meet someone who was enthusiastic about him, and every positive sentence begins or ends with ‘but’.

We tend to get angry when things don’t go our way, or don’t go back to normal, so this is one of our fits, making the election a fart or two away from tipping to one side or the other.

sucks to be governor youngkin i guess. the democrats just made him a knicknack.

Republicans upset that their actual policies aren’t popular with the voters :)
When it comes to abortion, there seems to be a disconnect between the GOP party leadership, and GOP voters.

I have a feeling there are a lot more pro-choice Republicans out there than the Party leadership is willing to admit.

Back