Economy Democrats have done a demonstrably superior job, during the same period, of managing the economy.

Oh jack. You try so hard. Yes the is is simply being mean to people.

Yeah, I try to get things right, while I think many of you are completely indifferent to the truth of what you say. That's why I tend to think seriously about arguments and look up relevant facts rather than just throw out personal insults at everyone who doesn't blindly go along with a partisan narrative.

You think that would have been the result? I really doubt that would have happened. What would have happened would have been a repeat of china joining the WTO and the NAFTA results for the USA. Why believe the neoliberal talking points when they have been wrong about everything, every single time?

"Neoliberal"? JFC now SD right wingers are talking like commies?

Absolutely nothing would "choke out China", they had already developed too far and we became too reliant on them.

As much as I dislike her, contrast Joe's actions, with that of pre 2008'ish Nancy Pelosi. If we had her approach to China, perhaps out middle class wouldn't have been sold to Beijing.

The point isn't to "choke out" China, the point was to enforce US rules of trade overseas forcing China to follow US standards if they want to make business in other countries.

The point isn't to "choke out" China, the point was to enforce US rules of trade overseas forcing China to follow US standards if they want to make business in other countries.

Do you really believe that would make a significant difference???

It's far too late unfortunately. China is our drug dealer. Until we can break our addiction to insanely cheaply made shit, we are done for. And that's just the tip of the iceberg. I don't think people realize that even on the component level, we are dependent on China.

Imagine if 30-40 years ago we focused on forward looking manufacturing, rather than shipping jobs overseas.

Do you really believe that would make a significant difference???

Yes, all companies in the Chinese supply chains in the countries that are party to TPP would had been forced to abide by the legislation.

That's the thing about standarization, even those that aren't party need to follow the same standards of be left in the dust.

Let me first say I’m from Europe and although I know the whole trickle down neoliberal/ neocon reaganomics theory was just bullshit and didn’t work there still was a kind of illusion that the republicans we’re the economic and financially responsible party. They we’re the ones who we’re financially conservative and fiscally responsible.

Well it turns out this wasn’t true:

After all this proof I think we can finally stop with the myth that the republicans are the better economic and financially responsible party.

Could this also be the reason that the reps are clamping down so desperately onto the culture wars topics? (And no this is not an invitation to turn this into another culture war thread).

you can read the rest of the piece here:
https://newrepublic.com/article/166...=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1651986163
So you are from Europe? Makes sense.

Yes, all companies in the Chinese supply chains in the countries that are party to TPP would had been forced to abide by the legislation.

That's the thing about standarization, even those that aren't party need to follow the same standards of be left in the dust.

That would barely nudge the trajectory of China's ascent.

That's the whole point of my post. Joe Biden, a prominent democrat is one of the biggest players responsible for the situation we're in today. To turn around and say "Democrats handled the economy better" while our country is in free fall off a cliff, is what you'd expect from a garbage tier article like in the OP.

What part of Biden, an influential democrat, rolling out the red carpet for China (our biggest competitor economically), which had a devastating impact on our economy over the last 3 decades, was too hard for you to understand how it relates to the topic?
The part where you didn’t give any context and just made an incoherent statement.

The republicans are masters at creating a narrative and having it stick for decades, even though it’s complete bullshit.

fiscally conservative
they love small government
Family values
Law and order
I think they were about those things. The party has changed. So has the Democrats. Heck, the Democrats used to be the party of the working man, now they are the party for those who don't work.

No, I’m not from Europe.

<JagsKiddingMe>
K. Because over here in America, the Keystone pipeline was cut off and fracking reduced, immediately doubling gas prices. Tripled in some places and we have rampant inflation. Icing on the cake is, many companies have shut down due to Democratic covid driven new rules & regulations.

But why? He linked to a piece, summarized it, and asked for feedback. It doesn't seem that most people here even know how to evaluate a claim in good faith. It's just "hey, maybe if we're mean enough to people who don't blindly advance our party's narrative, we don't have to think." That kind of thing might work in social settings (people might just decide to let you get your way because they don't think it's worth it to deal with you), but in places where no one knows or cares about you as an individual, it just looks sad.
Just ignore them, they are still in their feelings because of a thread I made which flew completely over their head and couldn’t understand the topic at hand which caused a few dubs and bans because they couldn’t behave. It’s been 2 weeks now and they are still hassling me about it lol. They have actually become the thing they despised the most. Cancel culture enthousiasts.

K. Because over here in America, the Keystone pipeline was cut off and fracking reduced, immediately doubling gas prices. Tripled in some places and we have rampant inflation. Icing on the cake is, many companies have shut down due to Democratic covid driven new rules & regulations.
That was sarcastic.

anyway, it’s not reallly about the situation now. It’s too early to judge, who knows what happens the next few years. And inflation was kind of inevitable. Even if Biden totally fucks up, dems would still have a better economic track record.

You should be able to address it now however. Interesting how you refuse to.
Well maybe if you would be more specific, like quote an article, research, link some website or whatever instead of this lazy blurting out blank statements I would.

And you’re a master of being a woke dipshit. You’re no different than a cult follower. Woke is your religion. You may be the loudest and the most obnoxious in America, but you make up only a tiny fraction of the electorate. Thank god.
Kind of like the republicans who’ve been losing the popular vote for like 20 years now lol

That would barely nudge the trajectory of China's ascent.

Nope, but it would had ensured China would ascend in a US standarized international trade universe.

You don't simply understand the importance of standarization, standarization is the reason why you are using Henry I feet size as a unit of measurement despite the fact that England isn't a world empire anymore.

Nope, but it would had ensured China would ascend in a US standarized international trade universe.

You don't simply understand the importance of standarization, standarization is the reason why you are using Henry I feet size as a unit of measurement despite the fact that England isn't a world empire anymore.

You're grasping at straws. Your point has nothing to do with the thread. We're talking about historical decisions made by parties and how they effected our economy.

Certainly you'd agree that investing in our biggest competitor rather than ourselves was a mistake? Well, our current democrat president was one of the biggest players in that decision.

Back