Derrick Lewis' power is overrated

This just really highlights Roy’s God tier chin. Seriously, WTF!

Couldn't finish Latifi with a flying knee
CautiousDirectHake-max-1mb.gif

Couldn't finish old JDS with a direct cheap shot
SphericalPiercingGrub-size_restricted.gif

Direct shot on the chin couldn't finish Roy Nelson
tumblr_oqu68xkVOZ1wni6p9o1_400.gif

If that was Ngannou he would be out.

He's more of a volume striker than anything. When people say his power gets better throughout the fight the real reason why is because his strikes build up.

Francis couldn’t even KO Stipe over 5 rounds LOL sissy

TS is right. When I met Derrick and I shook his hand I was surprised that I wasn't KO'd. Dude has pillow fists.

Arlovski

and Kharitonov

AA fight was fixed. Horrible stand up but yeah it counts I guess. Kharitonov was more recent right? Like in the last 2 years?

Everyone talks about how they wanted Fedor in the UFC but never seeing Kharitonov in the UFC was a disservice to the fans. Best HW boxer in mma history in my opinion. But just one hit power but just technically sound in the boxing department.

AA fight was fixed. Horrible stand up but yeah it counts I guess. Kharitonov was more recent right? Like in the last 2 years?

Everyone talks about how they wanted Fedor in the UFC but never seeing Kharitonov in the UFC was a disservice to the fans. Best HW boxer in mma history in my opinion. But just one hit power but just technically sound in the boxing department.
The Arlovski stand up was definitely bullshit. Roy had him in a crucifix that he couldn’t get out of and they stood them up. That being said, the question was about Roy’s chin and he has been KOd a few times.
The Kharitonov fight was from Bellator more recently. Kharitonov was a beast back in the day but for some reason he never made his way to the UFC. He’s older and much heavier these days. He’s had a few losses and I think that hurt his momentum.

He also knocked out another GOAT chin candidate in his prime, Ben Rothwell. Something Mark Hunt couldn't do. This is why Arlovski was my pick for hardest hitter in MMA until Shane Carwin (which made me undecided between them) and then Ngannou who is the clear #1.

Every shot lands clean in top-level MMA. I'm going to base my opinion on the fact that he doesn't knock people out with every strike he throws.

Overrated!

Couldn't finish Latifi with a flying knee
CautiousDirectHake-max-1mb.gif

Couldn't finish old JDS with a direct cheap shot
SphericalPiercingGrub-size_restricted.gif

Direct shot on the chin couldn't finish Roy Nelson
tumblr_oqu68xkVOZ1wni6p9o1_400.gif

If that was Ngannou he would be out.

He's more of a volume striker than anything. When people say his power gets better throughout the fight the real reason why is because his strikes build up.
Lmao "volume striker" this guys gotta be a troll

He also knocked out another GOAT chin candidate in his prime, Ben Rothwell. Something Mark Hunt couldn't do. This is why Arlovski was my pick for hardest hitter in MMA until Shane Carwin (which made me undecided between them) and then Ngannou who is the clear #1.

Love that fight. One of Arlovskis best performances.

Arlovski was my favorite HW when I first got into MMA, I think him KO'ing both Roy and Rothwell was more of accuracy than straight up power.

Derrick Lewis sucks and would have a hard time holding a top 10 ranking in 2005.

Hes the perfect example of how bad the HW division is today.

Back