Deserves its own thread: AJ’s post-fight freakout

I get his frustration, loosing sucks in a way that nothing else can or does. But that behavior is fucking outrageous. Even if he had reason to believe that he should have won, he should have waited for an appropriate time and place to voice his frustration.

I’m not a world class boxer but I have been in a couple amateur title fights where I felt that I absolutely deserved to win but lost a split decision. I can’t pretend that I was happy, but I wasn’t about to shit on someone else’s big moment.

AJ, I know you are never going to read this but have some respect for the sport, your opponent, and most of all yourself. You did a grave disservice to all three.

Not going to excuse that behaviour in the slightest, but I think people have been hounding him about getting his belts back so much that it was all he focused on, winning "his" belts back, belts this belts that. When he didn't make it, he had to convince himself they didn't matter. I think he's probably going to regret it tomorrow, after he's slept the adrenaline off.
Yeah, not a huge fan of him, but can't even imagine the business and sponsor and promoter pressure on him to get the cash train back on track.

What a weird ass meltdown

Cringe fake support of Ukraine/Usyk, talking shit about true ATG HWs saying he's bigger and can't go 12 meanwhile Fury, Joyce have no problem going longer.

Just bizarre. Looked like he was suffering a stroke jugging adulation for Usyk and having a breakdown.

Why are Nigerian athletes so awkward and cringe? AJ, Giannis, Izzy, Usman.....

wladimir klitscho went through a period in his career like this where he was koed by sanders and then by brewster within 3 fights - ( 3 total loses at that poin and alot more humiliating defeats than AJ's losses) - Wlad lost all his titles and everyone thought he was finished (even vitali did),.....then wlad went on one of the longest most dominant title runs in heavweight history.

AJ can turn it around like wlad did, hes young enough, he just has to put this behind him, refocus and realize its not the end of the world for his career.

its too bad fury is with kronk gym, that would do wonders for him - or even go with kevin johnson (who trained vlad when emanual steward died)- dump robert garcia.

Imagine taking the mic off the winner, Throwing HIS belts on the floor, Then talking about how hard YOUR life is in front of a man whos country is literally being bombed right now. The ego and Narcissism of that speech is unbelievable, especially where he just Ignores Usyks attempt to say something before he starts ranting. Any respect for a better fight than the first was thrown away with that, They will show it for years. Mr PR let the mask slip which many of his haters have alluded to over the years. Embarrassing.

Last edited:
wladimir klitscho went through a period in his career like this where he was koed by sanders and then by brewster within 3 fights - ( 3 total loses at that poin and alot more humiliating defeats than AJ's losses) - Wlad lost all his titles and everyone thought he was finished (even vitali did),.....then wlad went on one of the longest most dominant title runs in heavweight history.

AJ can turn it around like wlad did, hes young enough, he just has to put this behind him, refocus and realize its not the end of the world for his career.

its too bad fury is with kronk gym, that would do wonders for him - or even go with kevin johnson (who trained vlad when emanual steward died)- dump robert garcia.

He's not half the man wlad is.

He's not half the man wlad is.

well he did ko wlad after being dropped hard himself so theres that.

but in all seriousness nobody new the man wlad would become at that extreme low point of his career. Everyone thought he was a complete flake and that his heavyweight career was over. Then he proved everyone wrong over the next several fights and years.

Wlad had to do some real soul searching within himself. AJs loss tonight really seemed to bother him much more than his loss to ruiz and the first usyk loss, mabye this is the real wake up call he needed to do some big soul searching.

Last edited:
Why are Nigerian athletes so awkward and cringe? AJ, Giannis, Izzy, Usman.....

Or maybe you're just bitter about their success ? <GOT2>

I guess they're not numerous in western countries, yet they have elite athletes in several sports.

Israel never made any excuse as far as i know when he lost against Jan.

Not a medical expert, but I think it's called having a mental breakdown. Must suck to be having it on TV.

It really did look that way. Sad thing was that no one from team got to him and stopped him. You could see it getting worse as it went on. No one there to usher him away. Everyone I was watching with just said the same thing over and over. GET HIM OUT OF THERE. And they just stood around like idiots

Damn you guys take this way too serious. It's boxing, grown-ups hitting eachother in the face.

AJ made a gigantic fool of himself, I laughed.

Doesn't necessarily mean juicing. AJ's just overinflated. He's got the frame of a lanky guy but decided to pack on excess muscle for no particularly good reason. Looks a bit goofy.

No good reason?

He's a 2 time heavyweight champion of the world and is worth millions

Lets see your resume big guy

Why didn't anyone take the mic off hin? Usyk was very patient lol, that was weird
I think Usyk just waited for him this trash to leave the room before he could truly soak in the moment

I just wonder how most of these guys today compel people to watch. Maybe I could understand the outrage if I was engaged at all but most of these fellas just don't interest me. How was it though? Did the fight stink?

I just wonder how most of these guys today compel people to watch. Maybe I could understand the outrage if I was engaged at all but most of these fellas just don't interest me. How was it though? Did the fight stink?

It was no Norton vs. Holmes... They don't fight like that anymore. A lot of potshotting.

And a few 12 year old UFC fans ganged up on me, because I suggested that Ali is the heavyweight GOAT, not Tyson Fury.

So business as usual.

It was no Norton vs. Holmes... They don't fight like that anymore. A lot of potshotting.

And a few 12 year old UFC fans ganged up on me, because I suggested that Ali is the heavyweight GOAT, not Tyson Fury.

So business as usual.
ya, that's a good reason to avoid it all. I don't even want to argue with these guys who crown a so and so the goat after some big win.

Not sure is it mental illness or is it just low IQ ...probably IQ issue...

Back