Law Did a court ruling just invalidate the electoral college?

Hmm. This is an odd statement. What is your understanding of the meaning of "far right"?

Some say that doesn’t believe in any immigration legal or not.

Far right and alt right are the same thing just called something different.

Most conservative are central to right due to how the world in general has moved left since the 60s.

In the last 15 years or so the left has moved very left as a result.

There are plenty of center left out there but the far left has overshadowed them and taken control in the last few years, especially on social issues.

No, the alt-right is an alternative to the previous right ("alt" is short for "alternative"). They're more racially focused and less libertarian.

Most conservative are central to right due to how the world in general has moved left since the 60s.

I'm not following this.

There are plenty of center left out there but the far left has overshadowed them and taken control in the last few years, especially on social issues.

What's happened mostly in America is that Southern conservatives have left the Democratic Party and moved to the GOP, while Northern liberals have done the opposite, which has had the effect of making the average Democrat more left-leaning and the average Republican more right-leaning. But additionally, as Republicans have developed their own alternative media system, they're cut off from objective reality and so have moved further right because of that. There have been some other changes that have moved things a little one way or the other that aren't really ideological (like, recent research on the impact of MW increases have led more liberals to support further increases, though on the flip side, the political difficulty involved in any change has made the current level lower if we adjust for inflation or overall growth). Another interesting dynamic is healthcare. Democrats have long wanted single payer, but had continuously failed to get past the political hurdles, so they moved right in terms of aim and were actually able to enact reform that moved our system left. In terms of social issues, I guess you mean like more widespread acceptance of same-sex marriage and of gays just generally being able to live their lives, sure. But that's a broader cultural change more than a political issue.

The effect of a straight popular vote would be to nullify the rural vote.

The the urban heavy states would control the federal government for the most part from now on.

So since there are more non-rural people than rural people, rural people should have political privileges?

Precisely. Everything has essentially shifted to the left at this point.

Do you mind if I ask you what you define as "far-right" ?

It most certainly is. And less populated states still do have less say because of the imbalance of electoral votes.

I don't know why it's so hard to understand that heavily populated states already have a greater say and insist they should have the entire say because of their population. It's retarded.

So when Presidents elected by overrepresented citizens create policy that effects people in more populous ststes, are those Presidents "dictating"?

States are just abstractions. They don't have say. It's the people who have say. And people in small states have greater say than people in large states. If a small state gets 1 electoral vote per 500k people, and a large state gets 1 electoral vote per 1.5 million people, the people of the small state have greater say. This isn't complicated.

No, the alt-right is an alternative to the previous right ("alt" is short for "alternative"). They're more racially focused and less libertarian.

I'm not following this.

What's happened mostly in America is that Southern conservatives have left the Democratic Party and moved to the GOP, while Northern liberals have done the opposite, which has had the effect of making the average Democrat more left-leaning and the average Republican more right-leaning. But additionally, as Republicans have developed their own alternative media system, they're cut off from objective reality and so have moved further right because of that. There have been some other changes that have moved things a little one way or the other that aren't really ideological (like, recent research on the impact of MW increases have led more liberals to support further increases, though on the flip side, the political difficulty involved in any change has made the current level lower if we adjust for inflation or overall growth). Another interesting dynamic is healthcare. Democrats have long wanted single payer, but had continuously failed to get past the political hurdles, so they moved right in terms of aim and were actually able to enact reform that moved our system left. In terms of social issues, I guess you mean like more widespread acceptance of same-sex marriage and of gays just generally being able to live their lives, sure. But that's a broader cultural change more than a political issue.

I guess far right is how you view it like I said. Far right it you would be different then to me. The view is always different from where you sit.

I consider myself center right so I view from there.

I grew up in the 60s and I can tell you the US has moved to the left as a whole a great deal. Some for the good and some for the bad. The last 15 years or so has seen the democrats take a more and more left with the election of Trump being the result. We have seen an farright backlash in some ways but with the election of Trump the left has lost its mind and pushed so far as to consider Trump a racist and anyone that voted for him a racist.

Oh well I think it has gone so far there will be no going back until things completely stop working n the government.

Its better if it goes totally to hell and work up from thereby looks like.

So when Presidents elected by overrepresented citizens create policy that effects people in more populous ststes, are those Presidents "dictating"?

States are just abstractions. They don't have say. It's the people who have say. And people in small states have greater say than people in large states. If a small state gets 1 electoral vote per 500k people, and a large state gets 1 electoral vote per 1.5 million people, the people of the small state have greater say. This isn't complicated.
Have you contacted your representative and senators?

It most certainly is. And less populated states still do have less say because of the imbalance of electoral votes.

I don't know why it's so hard to understand that heavily populated states already have a greater say and insist they should have the entire say because of their population. It's retarded.

Less populated states have, on average, more say per voter in electoral terms.

image%20%283%29_0.png

So since there are more non-rural people than rural people, rural people should have political privileges?

It should be as it was set up to protect the rural states from being run over and ruled by the urban states.

Would you tell the less populated states they have little to no say in the government?

Precisely. Everything has essentially shifted to the left at this point.

Do you mind if I ask you what you define as "far-right" ?

Issues

No abortion for any reason or other then the mothers life.

Anti legalization immigration.

For people it is harder to define them if they have mixed views depending on the issues.

I tend to think I’m center right and go a life left on some things. So I’m going to view the scale from that place.

I guess far right is how you view it like I said. Far right it you would be different then to me. The view is always different from where you sit.

Disagree. The far right is near the far end of the ideological spectrum (which relates to equality and existing hierarchy).

I consider myself center right so I view from there.

I grew up in the 60s and I can tell you the US has moved to the left as a whole a great deal. Some for the good and some for the bad. The last 15 years or so has seen the democrats take a more and more left with the election of Trump being the result. We have seen an farright backlash in some ways but with the election of Trump the left has lost its mind and pushed so far as to consider Trump a racist and anyone that voted for him a racist.

I think you're excessively focused on race. It's true that we've seen more racial equality in that period, and that we're now seeing a backlash against it. But I don't think that's a big part of what defines the issue.

It should be as it was set up to protect the rural states from being run over and ruled by the urban states.

In other words, allow people from rural states to run over and rule the urban states, even though they have less people?

Would you tell the less populated states they have little to no say in the government?

I wouldn't tell "states" anything. Again, states are abstractions. I would tell a citizen from any state that he should have an equal opportunity to determine the leader of the country as every other citizen, not more nor less.

In other words, allow people from rural states to run over and rule the urban states, even though they have less people?

Good point, but, again, that's not how it was set up. That's an unintended consequence of the decision to cap the size of the House of Representatives, which was made much, much later. The idea was for each (equally sized) district to have its own elector. Didn't give anyone disproportionate voting power.

Disagree. The far right is near the far end of the ideological spectrum (which relates to equality and existing hierarchy).

I think you're excessively focused on race. It's true that we've seen more racial equality in that period, and that we're now seeing a backlash against it. But I don't think that's a big part of what defines the issue.

We will have to disagree as we view things from a difference prospective.

And yet still less populated states have less say due to fewer electoral votes.
This isn't rocket science.

I wouldn't tell "states" anything. Again, states are abstractions. I would tell a citizen from any state that he should have an equal opportunity to determine the leader of the country as every other citizen, not more nor less.

No it allows rural states to have an equal say even if they have less people over all.

Again the country is divided into states and that’s how it was such to be. The 10 amendment give the idea of how important states rights are.

Last edited:
White people should have a greater say than black people because there's more of us.

Nothing wrong with that at all..

Back