Did Colby ruin any chance he had by going after Leon's Dad?

ComfortablyNumb55

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Huge Colby fan here, but extremely concerned the comment about Leon's dad awoke the killer in Leon.

Leon's going to be vicious in there and emotional, which could lead to mistakes, but Colby doesn't have the power to capitalize on Leon throwing hard. Sure, Colby can piece him up after a missed Leon bomb, but Leon will keep reloading and give himself an opportunity to eventually land the KO shot.

Not sure Colby made the wise choice there.

More likely Leon gas out after first round and gets finished

This.

Leon might let emotions get the better of him, but it's just a fight to Colby. Leon's probably gonna get reckless and just put on his back and worn out quick.

#andnew.

Being emotional in the cage is weakness but it will have no effect on this fight because Leon is not amateur

He's got to keep his emotions in check.
Leon’s a disciplined man. With most fighters it would work against them but in this case I think it will put a bit of fire in the belly and win him some of the more closer rounds. He has a tendency to get a bit complacent at times but this will work in his favor imo.

Being emotional in the cage is weakness but it will have no effect on this fight because Leon is not amateur
Aldo wasnt either.

Not to say this is gonna be that way at all,but everyone's got their limits.

I think though his team will get him in the right headspace. He's got good people around him.

I think Leon is going to have a hard time focusing on the fight. Colby is very intelligent for throwing that low blow.

If he KOs Colby he'll for sure land some extra damage à la Hendo on Bisping
He already said that will be the case.. something to the effect of the ref will have to pull him off..

00:40 of the interview

Also says he will stay cool, but determined and aggressive.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cehuff
Back