International Did COVID come from a Lab in China? US Energy Dept asserts it was a lab leak [megathread]

So many "conspiracies" that emerged early in this pandemic were proven to be true. This is a great example of why you can't let the media tell you what is and is not a conspiracy. They went from claiming that the virus could not transmit human to human, to admitting that it may have started in a lab in less than 18 months. Now they will spend the next 18 months gaslighting people into believing that they never said any of these things were dangerous conspiracies.

The right wing conspiracy is that the chi-coms released it on the world with the help of Bill Gates and George Sonos or some other dumb shit like that.

It came from China and with almost 100% we will likely never know the exact origins.

There were smear articles written about people like Rogan for even raising the question about this virus potentially coming from a lab. People were called right wing nut jobs and racists for months. Now it appears that they were right and you want to move the goal posts.

Of course it did. China wouldn't even let the WHO team in to help and investigate when it happened. We know it came from there. Just those being influenced are now trying to muddy the waters...
Well to be fair China can't allow international organizations in to do investigations in their country because they are in an economic war with USA and co and intelligence agencies do this thing called sabotage. That's also why countries like North Korea or Iran won't let Western investigators into their countries, it would be used to create propaganda. Personally I think the Wuhan World Military Games is where the pandemic was started, by US intelligence or by a non government force, someone extremely wealthy who would stand to make a lot of money off the pandemic. It is bizarre that the Wuhan World Military Games was on the same date as Event 201, a pandemic simulation exercise. The WHO is heavily funded by billionaires who made a lot of money off the pandemic so it's likely they were involved imo. Anyone who hasn't seen the 6 minute video 'Glaxosmithkline The Jab'', I recommend watching it so you can see for yourself the corruption involved in the vaccine industry.

Even if it did(it definitely did) come from a lab the implications would be so tremendous I doubt very much this administration would pin it on China. Imagine if Trump was in office and it came to light that it came from China?

It did. Back in April of 2020 Trump said he believed it came from a lab. He was predictably called a racist and the media deferred to the CIA who ardently defended China. Turns out mean orange man was right.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-52496098.amp

Dr Fauci must be trying to throw people off because the evidence points to him giving money to the lab where COVID came from.

It “escaped”.

No it didn’t. They willfully allowed their citizens to board airplanes and spread it globally.

This was released.

It “escaped”.

No it didn’t. They willfully allowed their citizens to board airplanes and spread it globally.

This was released.
You bigot CT nutter racist xenophobe, get that Alex Jones crap outta here.

It “escaped”.

This was released.
This is the part that has me enraged. They didn’t allow any domestic flights from Wuhan, but allowed them to travel abroad while knowing about the infections. China needs to be sanctioned based on that alone, whether it originated in a lab or wet market or wherever. That doesn’t matter as much as this.

You sound poor.
Parody eludes you, sources like laowhy86 styxxhexenhammer666 and a bunch of other people have done the footwork over a year ago

even a guy with top security clearance DJT thought it may be a lab leak, anyone thinking it wasn’t plausible hasn’t been thinking

Even if it did(it definitely did) come from a lab the implications would be so tremendous I doubt very much this administration would pin it on China. Imagine if Trump was in office and it came to light that it came from China?
Dude you’re not really paying attention to this administration’s foreign policy, IMO.

They may not have the hard rhetoric of Trump, but they’ve continued the Trump foreign policy on China. They’ve also learned from Trump (and the failure of Obama) the importance of leverage in negotiations.

it is incredibly early on but this administration has done well on the foreign policy front, which is shocking, because Democrats usually fucking suck at that.

So many "conspiracies" that emerged early in this pandemic were proven to be true. This is a great example of why you can't let the media tell you what is and is not a conspiracy. They went from claiming that the virus could not transmit human to human, to admitting that it may have started in a lab in less than 18 months. Now they will spend the next 18 months gaslighting people into believing that they never said any of these things were dangerous conspiracies.
Could you name a few that were proven to be true?

It is more likely that the international community doesn't trust China and wants to use the situation as cassa belle to dig into their biological weapons program, which has had a history of viral leaks. I don't for a second not believe that China has a full bio weapons program like the U.S. and Russia had during the cold war. The complete lack of transparency by China during a pandemic all but confirms this.

I'm not sure this is a pivot though? Not too many credible sources called it settled science as far as I remember. I can see why the opinion pieces would come out now though that vaccines are rolling out and many bigger fish have already been fried.

Also there really was a lot of conspiratorial ideation going on with the different versions of lab leak hypotheses, that isn't a reason to dismiss the lab origin outright of course but there were a lot of reasons to put CTer and lab leak (also bioweapon, etc.) in the same sentence.

@dissecting whatever his handle's post, outside of the last sentence doesn't appear to age all that milk-like, they appear to be pretty well hedged statements. For example, all of the statements about it not likely being a product of directed engineering could be true, yet it could still have been a natural arising strain that leaked from the lab.
The actual scientists had the nuanced view that it is not settled, obviously. A lot of the reactionary stuff you’re seeing from right-wingers though is more at the MSM and people who get their dose of “science” from MSM headlines.

Yeah, it is unlikely it was leaked intentionally, but in the hysteria of Trump and anti-Chinese “racism” anyone who suggested it came from a lab or that we needed to investigate the origins and not just accept the Chinese version was labeled as a CTer or in company with them.

Just explaining what I saw. I’m not an expert of infectious diseases and I certainly was much more ignorant back when COVID-19 started to emerge, so I never had an opinion on the origins of it.

Back