Did your academy shut down for the holidays?

Thank you for the info! Sounds about like what we had over the holiday season. Happy New Year!
Happy new year as well.
We are also in summer time (NZ) so everyone is out at the beach and stuff like.

If I had a full time gym. I would find a way to have some senior students to open up for open mats as I think it should be part of the services.
I mean there are still people working and they might enjoy doing training after work.

How did you arrive at that conclusion?

why else would any fucker made a stupid thread like this? It's basically a lowkey way of saying "my gym is better than your gym." Even Ray Charles and Stevie Wonder can see that shit.

You never answered the question - you just swore, made a spelling mistake and then repeated your assertion - so in essence you said nothing.

man relsons main academy would shutdown for over weeks during xmas thats insane to me lol since i dont have a family id train on xmas no prob but tbh id only shut my school down for 3 days max xmas eve-day after xmas

Nerd boys calls it academy is equivalent to nerd boys calling their shit karate dojo or taekwondork dojang, or whatever the fuck these generic dorks want to call it. It's a gym, studio, etc. Deal with it. Geeks.

Studios are for art and dance.

Our academy had the last class, I do believe, the Saturday before, x-mas day. But there have been open mats pretty much everyday - only during the afternoon.

Would have been nice to have one during the evening just to mix it up.

Yea we shutdown for the holidays. They did some open mats last week and I think this week as well. It kind of sucks cause I can't make open mats. I can only train early in the morning. Oh well it's just 2 weeks and I still get a day or two during those weeks anyways.

No.

Isn't it sunshine all around in Brazil anyways? Or do the pictures of Copacabana beach I see on the internet lie to me? ;-)

The year in Brazil as they say, ‘doesn’t start until after Carnival’. Always a big dip of consistency in attendance during the Brazilian Summer.

hahaha No recent pics of Copa for you.

Thanks again to everyone for your input! Happy New Year and good training in 2020 to everyone. If any of you are visiting Bend or Central Oregon you are welcome to drop in my academy.
Connection Rio Jiu-Jitsu Academy
1620A NÉ 3rd
Bend, OR

I always felt it was a shame that gyms close on holidays or shut down during the holidays or summertime. I feel like those are the times when students don't have to work and can likely train even more. If anything, it would be great to have open mats during holidays or during typical school shut down periods.

I always felt it was a shame that gyms close on holidays or shut down during the holidays or summertime. I feel like those are the times when students don't have to work and can likely train even more. If anything, it would be great to have open mats during holidays or during typical school shut down periods.

I agree, we held open mats on Christmas Eve, New Years Eve and New Year’s Day. Great training!

Yes that's true, but for the owners it's a holiday too.

I work in a industry where a lot of clients come in during their lunch time. I used to get asked "You guys know you'll be busy at that time, why don't you make sure everyone's there for the customers?"... well it's their lunch time too and staff need a break and also want to use that time to run their errands as well.

Jujitsu in bend! Going to have to visit! If you’re in the Boise area, check out SBG Idaho!

we pretty much closed on the holidays only...

Back