Different Size Octagons

048a0.jpg

The Apex was built by the UFC for MMA.

Ya dummy.
They have been doing this long before the Apex ya dummy. They used to do tons of shows at the Palms and other venues of the same size the big octagon ain't gonna fit in there and the small one would look pretty stupid in an arena, just like you look now.

They really did Stipe dirty with this <{1-11}>
Imagine being locked inside a freakishly small cage with Francis :rolleyes:

Good effort fucktard, but I don't think it rises to the level of being Ban worthy.

Try harder next time.

They will literally negotiate the size of the Boxing ring there gonna use in the fighters contract, there not all the same size

I've argued the same for a while, particularly against the farcical "sport" of baseball.

What an awful event. But at least those are by location, not by UFC choice. Really seems like the people who make the decision on when to use a, b, or c should be unrelated to the promotion. Sets a real dangerous precedent.

Please don't tell me MMA is a legit sport. The UFC went from a 30 foot diameter octagon to a 25 foot diameter octagon.

Imagine if in basketball, they lowered the rim by five feet.

Throw in weight classes so that manlets can participate and it's hard to see as more than a diversion, like professional wrestling. Watching GSP, Usman, Conor and Khaib is like watching the WNBA. Watching Mighty Mouse and Aldo is like the watching The Special Olympics.

Oh, and the most famous person in MMA is a manlet who never competed.
Lmfao you're a jack ass there are all kinds of things that are different in these so called real sports.

football: weather effects

golf: weather effects (more than football), Terrain (slope of your lie, how wet the grass is) and not to mention every single fucking course is completely different.

Baseball: different field sizes, different wall heights, Pitchers in the batting lineup in the american leauge, Designated hitters allowed in the national leauge, ect

Boxing: Negotiated ring sizes and glove weights

Tennis: 3 different types of court that effect ball speed and bounce

Last edited:
I've argued the same for a while, particularly against the farcical "sport" of baseball.

What an awful event. But at least those are by location, not by UFC choice. Really seems like the people who make the decision on when to use a, b, or c should be unrelated to the promotion. Sets a real dangerous precedent.

what else do you dislike about baseball?

Boxing has different sized rings, that’s usually negotiated in the fight contract. I agree that they should stick with one uniform size for every event (or possibly just increase the cage size for hw) but if Floyd can run around a 30 ft ring for half an hour I’d say mma is doing fine with their setup.

Wow, the infield looks remarkably identical in all those different baseball fields. And none of them decrease their square footage by over 30%.
No because there won’t be another sport with the EXACT percentage difference like that. But with baseball the different sized outfields and wall sizes can change a lot as far as hit placement, home runs chances and even down the where player can field the ball from.

And you mentioned boxers negotiating ring size and glove weight. You don’t think cage size is part of talks or negotiations when fighters are getting fights lined up?

I agree with TS, and just because other sports are willing to undermine their game because of city block shapes, or whatever building issues they have, doesn't make it acceptable to me.

Different courts for different tournaments, different sizes for different leagues is something else entirely. I don't mind International and NHL play on different sizes. But if they brought out bigger rinks for NHL playoffs, that would be really stupid. You might as well play beach volley ball for the Cup.

I'd take it a step further and say 5 round non-title fights are garbage too.

But once you accept combat sport is more Pro-Wrestling and spectacle than pure competition, you get over it pretty fast.

Last edited:
Back