Dillian Whyte possible UFC fight

Blake_UK

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/52093018

Aside from it being the usual trash talk of fighters with nothing better to do, of all the HWs Whyte would be one of the best crossover prospects considering his Kickboxing pedigree. He also has a lot of strength which would suit takedown defence.

Regardless Whyte-Ngannou would be a great tear up - maybe with a special rule set/gentlemans agreement that limits the gound game.

As much as I believe any boxer that lands on someone with a 4oz glove is gonna put them to sleep immediately, these cage fighters are so good at being on their bike these days I don't see any boxers being successful. The overriding strategy in UFC MMA atm is avoid danger and grapple.

Yea, just like Carl Froch talked about doing it, just like Evander Holyfield talked about it, just like Floyd talked about it... It's not gonna happen unless they're washed up and have financial problems that they can't solve with boxing because they're washed up (James Toney).

There shouldn't be any special rules. If you want to challenge a guy in mma you should fight in mma rules. Nobody would like if an mma fighter came over to boxing and there were special rules where they could legkick or utilize standing sumbmissions/throws.

That
There shouldn't be any special rules. If you want to challenge a guy in mma you should fight in mma rules. Nobody would like if an mma fighter came over to boxing and there were special rules where they could legkick or utilize standing sumbmissions/throws.[/QUOTE
That may be so but it would make a boxer vs MMAer in the cage both more likely and more exciting.

Yea, just like Carl Froch talked about doing it, just like Evander Holyfield talked about it, just like Floyd talked about it... It's not gonna happen unless they're washed up and have financial problems that they can't solve with boxing because they're washed up (James Toney).
Generally I agree but Whyte is a good example of someone stuck in a ruck matchup-wise who ain’t getting any younger and with the Covid has a title challenge in at best 2021 more likely 2022 if ever.

If he could guarantee a 7 figure payment to fight Stipe or (better PPV wise) Ngannou then why not?

Someone will be the first it’s inevitable; if UFC don’t do it eventually One FC will (and they would be more flexible with the rules).

Generally I agree but Whyte is a good example of someone stuck in a ruck matchup-wise who ain’t getting any younger and with the Covid has a title challenge in at best 2021 more likely 2022 if ever.

If he could guarantee a 7 figure payment to fight Stipe or (better PPV wise) Ngannou then why not?

Someone will be the first it’s inevitable; if UFC don’t do it eventually One FC will (and they would be more flexible with the rules).

I don't see the thrill of it anyway... Saki and Spong are much better kickboxers than Whyte and they didn't go far.

Different sports.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/52093018

Aside from it being the usual trash talk of fighters with nothing better to do, of all the HWs Whyte would be one of the best crossover prospects considering his Kickboxing pedigree. He also has a lot of strength which would suit takedown defence.

Regardless Whyte-Ngannou would be a great tear up - maybe with a special rule set/gentlemans agreement that limits the gound game.
Not really interested if it's normal MMA rules. It would go either of two ways. His opponent could not take his superior hands seriously and get put to sleep like Mercer did to Timmah or the MMA guy shoots a low single to totally avoid the striking like Couture did to Toney.

Whytes already 1-0 in MMA.
Might as well just give him the belt before he hurts one of those grappler guys

Last edited:
As much as I believe any boxer that lands on someone with a 4oz glove is gonna put them to sleep immediately, these cage fighters are so good at being on their bike these days I don't see any boxers being successful. The overriding strategy in UFC MMA atm is avoid danger and grapple.
You must not be familiar with Ngannou....he has stupid power. Guys fold on shots that he connects at like 25% and they just melt when he touches them

He has a boring fight or two but Whyte would be a sick fight if they actually were willing to engage

Not really interested if it's normal MMA rules. It would go either of two ways. His opponent could not take his superior hands seriously and get put to sleep like Mercer did to Timmah or the MMA guy shoots a low single to totally avoid the striking like Couture did to Toney.
A lot of heavyweights are shit at grappling honestly

I’d like to see Dillian Whyte vs. Jarrell Miller in a kickboxing match

You must not be familiar with Ngannou....he has stupid power. Guys fold on shots that he connects at like 25% and they just melt when he touches them

He has a boring fight or two but Whyte would be a sick fight if they actually were willing to engage
Very familiar thanks

I see 'melting' in so many UFC fights. Guys go down from jabs regularly, even when they're going away from the punch already. The athletes just aren't there yet, and until there is a good amateur circuit that'll never change

Very familiar thanks

I see 'melting' in so many UFC fights. Guys go down from jabs regularly, even when they're going away from the punch already. The athletes just aren't there yet, and until there is a good amateur circuit that'll never change
Let's see if that holds true then

Don't be scared homie

Rules should not be modified for crossover fighters IMO. If you are going to do it do it for real.

Considering the position he has achieved in boxing it would be dumb to take an MMA fight against a top 20 guy. I would love to see him destroy some regional level guy though.

Very familiar thanks

Extreme weight cuts is the biggest reason for glass jaws in mma. That and getting hit on the jaw.

Extreme weight cuts is the biggest reason for glass jaws in mma. That and getting hit on the jaw.
No it's the gloves....they cut weight in boxing too and you don't get anywhere in boxing with an mma chin

Mma guys wouldn't have mma chins in boxing...the gloves put you out immediately

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back