Dillon Danis & Mansher Khera Suspended From Marcelo Garcia Jiu-Jitsu Gym

Damian Maia was at the gym before all this went down. Hope nobody treated Maia poorly.

Not really my place to spread gossip, but I heard this directly from someone that trains at MGA. Dominyka left because she, after an ugly breakup with Mansher, went to the gym leadership with written accusations about senior male students making unwanted advances on other girls. These accusations ended up being untrue enough that she had dug herself a big enough social hole that she had to leave.

This person said that whatever happened between him and Dom, Mansher is a pretty stand-up dude and didn't insinuate any behavior that would lead to getting kicked out. Nothing to add on that point.

If he's a stand-up guy, then why would Marcelo tell him to leave the academy? He must of done something or behaved in a way that Marcelo felt serious enough to kick both guys from his academy. Marcelo was very emotional and it must be pretty serious for him to post his speech publicly but he did say he would leave the door open if they wanted to come back.

No one can fault Dillion for this one. Munch was the villian in this case. Some guys just don't know how to act when women are around.

Like Lloyd Irvin? Sorry, I couldn't resist.

Probably the biggest name in grappling right now. The general consensus in the BJJ and MMA communities is that he will most definitely win the Bellator title eventually making his way to the #1 contender spot in the UFC.

Also, super humble guy on and off the mats. Has built a solid reputation for himself.

Is that you DAnis?

I agree... But I can see Denis side too...

He's already a huge name, I don't think he will have problems opening up his own academy/Mma gym... Connor might throw some wallet change and set him up...

Danis is a huge name?

Is it true that Dominyka left because she was being harassed by the duo?

Rumour on fb is they were prank calling Bernardo lol

Let's put this into perspective for a second. These two (beware, I am making an assumption) got to train with one of the hands down best instructors in the world FULL TIME. That means (another fair assumption coming here) they didn't work, and somebody else paid for them to devote their entire lives to being the best BJJ practioners in the world, studying under the best in the world. Where do I sign up for that? If you have been handed the opportunity to do that with absolutely no distractions at all, like work, and you manage to piss off one of the nicest people you will ever meet enough to be publicly shamed and banished, you have made a whole fuck ton of bad decisions that led to that point. Seems to me these two got a distorted perspective of how important they were in the grand scheme of things (seems like a generational thing, the entitled and babied generation), and got banished for attitudes that reflected that.

I could be wrong, but I am reading into this a little and I don't feel like I could be that far off base here.

Let's put this into perspective for a second. These two (beware, I am making an assumption) got to train with one of the hands down best instructors in the world FULL TIME. That means (another fair assumption coming here) they didn't work, and somebody else paid for them to devote their entire lives to being the best BJJ practioners in the world, studying under the best in the world. Where do I sign up for that? If you have been handed the opportunity to do that with absolutely no distractions at all, like work, and you manage to piss off one of the nicest people you will ever meet enough to be publicly shamed and banished, you have made a whole fuck ton of bad decisions that led to that point. Seems to me these two got a distorted perspective of how important they were in the grand scheme of things (seems like a generational thing, the entitled and babied generation), and got banished for attitudes that reflected that.

I could be wrong, but I am reading into this a little and I don't feel like I could be that far off base here.

According to my friend who trains at the Marcelo Garcia Academy, the suspension had nothing to do with a sexual assault or a sexual harassment, in fact my friend was unaware of any such drama happening. Apparently at Bellator 175 Danis and Mancher were giving Steve Kozola the finger during his victory interview. Kozola trains under the Ribeiro brothers who are friends with Marcelo. It was more of Danis acting like an asshole than Mancher. According to my friend Danis was always an arrogant Douche Bag, where as Mancher was very friendly and helpful. BCNash's assumption was correct according to my buddy.

Marcelo suspends 2 nobodies from his gym.

This forum really loves gym drama.

you ever run through a cornfield backwards? And not get caught by He-Who-Walks-Behind-The-Rows?

roun' these parts we call that courtin'. bonus points if she's jus a regular cousin instead of one o them sister-cousins.

roun' these parts we call that courtin'. bonus points if she's jus a regular cousin instead of one o them sister-cousins.

dude, we are all about cousin fucking here no doubt
i mean, you know she comes from a good family

Marcelo suspends 2 nobodies from his gym.

This forum really loves gym drama.

Au contraire mon frère, in the BJJ community those two guys are kind of a big deal. I am not even a BJJ guy and I knew about both of them before all of this happened.

hi marcelo

hi marcelo

Good one. I am being completely serious here. How many of you can honestly say that you have never had any responsibilities and have been groomed to be a professional athlete your entire teenage and adult lives? I always find it especially humorous when those types of people ruin the sweet arrangement that they have due to their own overinflated egos.

Last edited:
Good one. I am being completely serious here. How many of you can honestly say that you have never had any responsibilities and have been groomed to be a professional athlete your entire teenage and adult lives? I always find it especially humorous when those types of people ruin the sweet arrangement that they have due to their own overinflated egos.

I watched an interview Budo Jake did with Draculino and was asking his thought regarding the term "Creonte". He basically said that the team member that create the biggest issues are the one that you invest the most into.
Not quite a case of "Creonte" but I believe his opinion still applies.

I watched an interview Budo Jake did with Draculino and was asking his thought regarding the term "Creonte". He basically said that the team member that create the biggest issues are the one that you invest the most into.
Not quite a case of "Creonte" but I believe his opinion still applies.
It really seemed like Marcelo was faced with a hard decision here given that with his family health issues and commitments that have him gone a lot, he can't be there in the gym as often as he would like in a way that would allow him to take a more hands on approach with these 2 and possibly bring them back to acceptable personal/behavioral standards. I doubt they would have the same deference and positive reaction to Bernardo attempting to take that corrective role or any of the other instructors in the gym. With that, Marcelo basically was stuck with the choice of trying to do what he can with the shrunken time he's able to be there (while trying to manage his father's situation) and hope it corrects itself, or remove the allegedly toxic element from the gym for the sake of the dozens/hundreds of other people who visit or call the place home. Ideally he would take them under his wing and steer them back on the right path but in his current situation I'm assuming he realized he just doesn't have enough of himself free to devote to 2 grown men making their own life choices. With that though, he did leave it open for them to return in the future where he hopefully would have more of himself available to mentor them...............again

Apparently at Bellator 175 Danis and Mancher were giving Steve Kozola the finger during his victory interview.

If that's the case it seems like a serious overreaction.

Last edited:
Back