Do people here actually think Stipe was better than prime Fedor?

Fedor would have his work cut out for him against, Prime Stipe, DC, and Cain.

Your nostalgia glasses would have too be like beer goggles if you think he would have much more than a 50% chance of beating them.

I would personally favor all three to varying degrees, I think DC would be the toughest for him and Cain being the most beatable.

They all had their shot against prime Fedor and they all failed. Like,I myself tried to envision a scenario In which Prime Fedor could lose and couldn't come up w anything remotely realistic tbh

This will basically boil down to whether or not you watched Fedor's prime live. If you didn't watch it all unfold live you won't really realize the significance of his run. Fight finder, wikipedia and re-runs of old fights won't really do it justice. He was the best fighter on the planet in any weight for quite a while. He beat Big Nog from inside his guard and bullied a back pedalling prime Cro Cop standing, think about that for a second. Who else would beat the best ground guy on the ground AND the best stand up guy standing in their division?

Fedor is way above the UFC hype of Stipe....every champion they ever have in the ufc is "the greatest ever" . It's what they do to make their guys seem better, but Fedor at prime was far superior to any HW I've ever seen. Too powerful and quick for most. Transitions were best around. Had it all. Even when Fujita wobbled him, the greatness came out and he turned right around and subbed him. It was by far his closest to losing in his reign, but goes to show what separates good from great...refusing to lose and rising from the edge of losing it all. Anyone at HW can get caught...he did on that occasion, but way way ahead of Stipe. I like Stipe but he has always been way over rated.

Wow this is a new take. Fedor was taken down by Coleman and Randelman and he was in trouble with some wrestlers but I think He would lose to many UFC fighters like JDS and Francis and Mir

This will basically boil down to whether or not you watched Fedor's prime live. If you didn't watch it all unfold live you won't really realize the significance of his run. Fight finder, wikipedia and re-runs of old fights won't really do it justice. He was the best fighter on the planet in any weight for quite a while. He beat Big Nog from inside his guard and bullied a back pedalling prime Cro Cop standing, think about that for a second. Who else would beat the best ground guy on the ground AND the best stand up guy standing in their division?
Fedor was something else, newer fans have only seen footage of Fedor getting flatlined later in his career. These threads suck ass though, because there's no way to prove any of this shit and it's just bait.

They all had their shot against prime Fedor and they all failed. Like,I myself tried to envision a scenario In which Prime Fedor could lose and couldn't come up w anything remotely realistic tbh
That’s because you’re a knob gobbler with no hobbies.

No version of Stipe would lose to Dan Henderson, including him right now.

I actually like Stipe a lot. He's one of my favorite heavyweights along with Big Nog and Werdum. But I never understood the GOAT hype about him. Sure he defended the UFC title more than anyone else but the UFC HW division has been abysmal for nearly a decade now. When it comes to evaluating these guys you have to go beyond the numbers and use common sense and the classic eye test. And when you do that its obvious that Stipe would not have beaten prime Fedor, let alone a handful of other fighters. Fedor was better than Stipe everywhere, including wrestling, subs, Boxing and kicking. Fedor was faster and showed higher ring IQ too. I won't take anyone seriously who thinks Stipe at his best could come close to Fedor in his prime.

And for the record Prime versions of Cain, Werdum, Big Nog, Mirko, and DC were all better than Stipe and I would habe favored them head to head.

Cain beats Stipe, Stipe beats Fedor, Fedor beats Cain.

Was and is.

Current Stipe starches 2004 Fedor.

Gane, Curtis, and Francis destroy him too.

LOL what are you smoking? Fedor was way past his prime in 2011 when he lost to Hendo...
Past his prime in his early 30s as a heavyweight?… Against a 40 year old middleweight? The big book of excuses can’t save him from this one. Fedor got cut from zuffa for not having what it takes, at an age that’s considered when a fighter should be in their prime.

Back