Do you fear flying in a plane?

• Yes

Votes: 13 24.5%
  • No

Votes: 40 75.5%

• Total voters
I have flown over a hundred hours.

Flying in and of itself I enjoy.

The airport hustle and bustle I despise.

Any crazy ones ?​
Honestly no, some turbulence but nothing crazy has ever happened.

Crosses fingers, knocks on wood etc but it really is safer than driving (assuming you fly a reputable airline)

It’s true man some things are just out of our control.

I had a good friend who was killed by a falling airplane when we were kids. We were in a summer program and playing volleyball outside at a local airfield when two planes crashed into each other overhead, he was crushed by the falling debris.

It’s pretty hard to think about flying after that.
Dude that is fucking crazy. Did you witness it?

Never really had a fear of flying.

Just a couple of weeks ago, I even had a dream that I was in a plane crash, and I was surprisingly calm while the plane was making weird noise and taking a nose dive while people were screaming like in the movies.

Never really had a fear of flying.

Just a couple of weeks ago, I even had a dream that I was in a plane crash, and I was surprisingly calm while the plane was making weird noise and taking a nose dive while people were screaming like in the movies.

Wow that's crazy, you felt no fear at all when that was happening?

Wow that's crazy, you felt no fear at all when that was happening?

What was actually more scary for me than the plane crash was that I think I was calm because at that moment, given what was happening to the plane, I already accepted the outcome.

What was actually more scary for me than the plane crash was that I think I was calm because at that moment, given what was happening to the plane, I already accepted the outcome.

Oh I see that make sense. You were at peace. That's pretty cool.

Love being a passenger in an airplane.

Hate the whole airport thing.

I don't necessarily fear dying from a plane crash, but I fear the claustrophobic nature of it. I get severe anxiety at times and therefore I dread getting into a plane. Where you can't get out if it's a long haul and you are getting a panic attack of some kind. That's worse than the fear of dying imo.

That's why I'd rather not fly these days, only if it's absolutely necessary. If it's just a few hour flight, I don't mind as much.

How about you guys?

Aerophobia_fear_flying
Yea it sucks but i just imagine how bad our ancestors had it then i feel lucky. A voyage across the ocean used to have a survival element to it. Rations and politics! I even heard men used to hunt whales with spears on row boats. Thats wild to me.

Ever since I saw that documentary about snakes on a plane I have a fear of flying

I was terrified to fly on a plane. Then I flew on one and forgot I was scared of it. Looking out the window and enjoying it. Now I’m back with my feet on the ground and even more scared than I was before. Funny that.

I've probably flown 20-30 times, but only once since 911. Not a fan, but it doesn't scare me.

I will never ever fly over an ocean, ole Pete aint going out like MH370

donald-trump-nope.gif

I once flew from Myrtle Beach to Mauritius - MB to Laguardia...cab to JFK...JFK to Frankfurt...Frankfurt to Dubai...Dubai to Mauritius; LOTS and LOTS of ocean on that trip

Back