Do you fear flying in a plane?

Do you fear flying in a plane?

• Yes

Votes: 13 24.5%
  • No

Votes: 40 75.5%

• Total voters
Nah, and I'm someone who more often than not experiences "brutal" inner ear pressure pain during descent(and can be seen rubbing around my ear/jaw that entire 10 minutes). In the end though I feel that it's my body's flaw, and "part of the process". Turbulence or any fears mechanically or otherwise..I maintain awareness of my surroundings but that's it.

Nope , not nowadays. First time I flew, my gf was sat with me and she was a regular flyer. She talked me through what was going on and I thought I was going on okay until we had taken off and she told me to put the in flight magazine down that I was holding. I have no idea how I did it but I pretty much turned it into a large ball where I'd crushed it. No way in hell could I repeat that .

I only like the take off and landing. Everything in between scares the shit outta me especially flying over the ocean. Maybe if I was the one flying it might be different cause I know I'm definitely surviving. First little bit of turbulence and I'm landing, doesn't matter where. Immediate mayday, nobody is dying on my watch.

My fear is not the plane, but who is on the plane. Anyone see all the Waffle House and Dennys fights at 1am? Try getting stuck on a plane with people like that. I told my company if they have meetings in Detroit, Ill pass and do it via Zoom.

My fear is not the plane, but who is on the plane. Anyone see all the Waffle House and Dennys fights at 1am? Try getting stuck on a plane with people like that. I told my company if they have meetings in Detroit, Ill pass and do it via Zoom.
Stop flying on Spirit Airlines... problem solved.

I only fear having to fly in roach coach with all the other insects.
First Class only for me.

Absolutely. Now I do realize planes have a rather low accident rate but still. Anything that does happen is out of your control and there's really no escape.

But my worst fear is definitely having a crazy pilot taking you down with him

Flying is so relaxing for me. All I have to do is sit there and listen to music and read a book and get some coffee delivered. I fly a lot and other than going thru security which can be annoying as they always want to check my work stuff, flying is all good with me. My home airport also has my favorite breakfast place so that's a bonus.

Interesting take on it, thank you.

I didn’t when I was younger but I have develop a fear of flying these past 5 years. I know it’s irrational but I’ll be on edge for like a whole flight now

Damn sorry to hear that.

No but I always tell people that if I die I love them

Absolutely. Now I do realize planes have a rather low accident rate but still. Anything that does happen is out of your control and there's really no escape.

But my worst fear is definitely having a crazy pilot taking you down with him
It’s true man some things are just out of our control.

I had a good friend who was killed by a falling airplane when we were kids. We were in a summer program and playing volleyball outside at a local airfield when two planes crashed into each other overhead, he was crushed by the falling debris.

It’s pretty hard to think about flying after that.

Back