Do you like seeing women fight in MMA?

Do you like seeing women fight in MMA?

• Total voters
I absolutely do. The top level of WMMA is catching up quickly to Male MMA. It's not there yet, but the sport is developing very fast thanks to the UFC putting them on the main show rather than segregating them.

Women who fight are just as courageous and entertaining as men who fight, in my opinion.

so you’re saying that Joanna is almost as good as Cejudo and that soon, the women’s flyweight division will be just as good as the men’s, correct?

that’s a pretty lofty statement. I don’t know of any sport where women can keep up with the men’s numbers. Skill wise, I think the women still have a long way to go

Women UFC champion level is on par with regional men. So lets give a hand to the brave women who lose to the lowest ranking male. Maybe they can start an over 70 division so we can be proud of their progression too.
You really are a gifted troll, Sherbro.

so you’re saying that Joanna is almost as good as Cejudo and that soon, the women’s flyweight division will be just as good as the men’s, correct?

that’s a pretty lofty statement. I don’t know of any sport where women can keep up with the men’s numbers. Skill wise, I think the women still have a long way to go

No, that's not what I'm saying. I think modern WMMA is at around 2005-2006 equivalent level in male.. But it's improving very fast.

I don't like it because the power and athletic ability is not there and UFC regardless of size and gender should be about individuals who can do things the average man can't even comprehend.

That being said, Amanda Nunes is the exception because she is truly threatening. But the rest are just not even close to near good.

I personally don't mind it but wish that UFC buys Invicta and makes it effectively a WUFC (a la WNBA) and puts all of the WMMA there. Run it on different nights when there are no other fights and I'd probably watch.

Totally get why they don't that business-wise though.

There have been WMMA fights and fighters I've enjoyed.

But there a lot of WMMA matches that run in complete antithesis of everything I used to like about MMA. Namely - 3 rounds of ineffective kick-boxing where there is no damage whatsoever, and at the bell the women hug each other and then get down on their knees and start bowing to one another. That's a no for me dawg.

In terms of skill, yeah. Doesn't mean Joanna can beat up Henry Cejudo.

I personally don't mind it but wish that UFC buys Invicta and makes it effectively a WUFC (a la WNBA) and puts all of the WMMA there. Run it on different nights when there are no other fights and I'd probably watch.
Perfect solution!

Sure...but to each their own.

We will never get to decide what does and doesn't go on to a card....so let the blood flow!

Qf5XRTR.gif

Doesn't matter what I like. People are free to do as they please.

It'd be like paying to watch the Super Bowl, Chiefs vs Buccaneers, only to have the NFL bring women out to play the first and 3rd quarter. It's not what I want to see... not cuz they're women but because it's watching a crappy version of what I want to see.

Even with the male fighters, some of them have no business being in there. The ufc doesn't give a fuck though, Dana sold Rhonda and rode that donkey till it fell and now he's fucked. Even the women at the parties we have don't give a shit about the women fighters.

Women have this thing that, "we can do what men do!" Yes, you can... but only to a certain extent. Take the top female in any sport and put them against the top male in the same sport, the man will smoke her

I mean his complaint is that he doesn't want to see chicks hitting each other.. If he was complaining about the lack of skill and athleticism I would agree, there are a few chicks I really enjoy watching fight but most are just plain terrible.

The not wanting to see chicks get hit thing is something you kind of get over after watching a few fights, or I did atleast. Now if it was chicks getting beat up by dudes I'd definitely be against it but if chicks want to compete in MMA against other chicks then I'm all for it. If Smith is too soft to watch it he can fuck off, nobody likes him anyways.

Watching women is like watching men, you enjoy some of the fights, others not so much. Wmma haters seem to be of the belief that all wmma is boring while all men deliver exciting bangers. Boring fight is boring fight no matter the gender of fighters.

I personally am indifferent towards it.
Not my cup of tea, tho I’ll catch a fight here and there when it’s on the card. Not a fan but also not a hater.

Sure.

I've never liked the force feeding of it to us on main cards. I'm okay when its a title fight or bouts among top contenders. Sure there are some crap fights just there are with the men. I hope for the day when the women's weight divisions begin to fill with deeper talent.

I like watching fights! Standing toe-to-toe, grappling or submitting, I like to watch fights.

WMMA is improving. There still are shit (that I won't call a fight) along with MMMA (men's). Go for the finish. Make the fight fun and exciting. Fight to win. Fight to not lose, you're fined then you're fired.

Massive respect to anyone who fights, especially if they're also working a side job to afford training, but I don't enjoy watching wmma. It just doesn't appeal to me one bit, I just don't find it entertaining.

Back