Do you like seeing women fight in MMA?

Do you like seeing women fight in MMA?

• Total voters
They can fight at the same level technicly, they just are not as strong as men. Early ufc events were glorified strongman contests in a cage. In a perfect future wmma will be filled with more people like shev/nunes and less people like cindy dandois

Comparing women to men is like comparing apples to pears. Some prefer apples, some prefer pears. But apples are not inferior to pears just because one person prefers them.

You are allowed to dislike wmma but all the people on this forum raising their pitchforks to send women back where they belong are just using energy on a pointless task. Wmma is here and no amount of comparisons to men or iron balls that are actually stones will change that.

My advice is learn to enjoy it, life is alot more fun the more things you can enjoy

WMMA out of 459 fights 288 went to decision or 62.7%
MMA out of 5501 fights 2410 went to decision or 44%

WMMA and even the manlet divisions lack power

You just need to look at the poll results dude. There have been so many polls like this mind you and more or less always in favor of WMMA. Haters are just louder and more visible but they aren't even the majority on SD, much less in the world at large.

That really doesn't effect the main point of what I was saying.

No. Only a handful are really talented, who I enjoy watching - Zhang, JJ, Rose, etc...

The rest are just boring to watch, they also lack the skill to compete with the top females.

I wish they all just stay in Invicta, and if you're a fan, you can watch it there.

I hate having to have Jessica Eye types on the main card every event, kills the flow for me.

This. I voted yes, since there are some women I enjoy watching fight. But WMMA generally speaking is an inferior product.

The problem is it is flat out an inferior product. I would not pay the same price for house brand as name brand, why the fuck should I pay for fights I know are gonna be shit?

Kind of. Several wmma fights have been exception but I prefer just men's mma

Most Sherbros support WMMA. The haters are just louder.

Do they? The poll currently shows a large minority support WMMA, not "most".

Also, I think if WMMA has strong support among most fans, but a large minority actively dislike it, it would make sense to put it on separate cards, maybe with exception of title fights and contender eliminators. Those cards would draw most fans while not irritating the large minority who don't like it.

The top level is legit.

Weili, Amanda, etc.

The real question is, why the fuck do we care so much about what SAS says?

He hasn't said anything new or profound here. Sherbros have been saying this for years that they don't like WMMA.

That's dumbest excuse ever. Top level is legit, there can't be top level if the sport as a whole is not legit. You say champions are legit, they can't be if they won their titles against cans. I am sick of that comment. Nothing personal, and I see a lot of people using that.

Do they? The poll currently shows a large minority support WMMA, not "most".

Also, I think if WMMA has strong support among most fans, but a large minority actively dislike it, it would make sense to put it on separate cards, maybe with exception of title fights and contender eliminators. Those cards would draw most fans while not irritating the large minority who don't like it.
That minority you speak of will not be pleased unless the women are gone altogether. No point trying to appease the haters. Plus I don't see how that be good for the women participating in the sport

That's dumbest excuse ever. Top level is legit, there can't be top level if the sport as a whole is not legit. You say champions are legit, they can't be if they won their titles against cans. I am sick of that comment. Nothing personal, and I see a lot of people using that.

You really gonna call my idea dumb? Did you really think about what you just said? That's absolutely ridiculous.

You can be the best and be miles above the rest. If GSP was just as talented as he was but he competed in a weak division does that somehow make GSP less talented? Of course not.

That minority you speak of will not be pleased unless the women are gone altogether. No point trying to appease the haters. Plus I don't see how that be good for the women participating in the sport

Nonsense. Pinning a distaste for an inferior product on misogyny and "hate" is logically lazy. It's a baseless attempt to insult those who disagree with you without having to address their arguments.

Who is out there crusading to put an end to WMMA? Who is trying to shut down Invicta? Maybe someone is, but I've never heard of them and I've never heard anything like that around here. What I do hear, constantly, is complaints about lousy WMMA fights being shown on an otherwise decent card. There's a simple solution available. Put most WMMA fights on separate WMMA themed UFC cards, while putting the bouts of the few good female fighters on the normal PPVs.

Stephen A. Smith open a can of worms when he said he doesn't like seeing women fight in MMA. So I thought I'd make a poll and see what the numbers will be like on here.

Yes. Women aren't the problem. The problem is the skill level and recruiting top athletes to MMA. Bonus points if you can get some. That look great, athletic and can compete.

But for it to take off ufc needs to inject money into females mma at the grass root and local level around the world to produce top female talent. Without this, you'll lose women to other stuff.

When it's good wmma, it's just good mma. I do acknowledge that's far in-between but the solution is what I noted above.

Sometimes.

But I hate that it seems like most chick fights go the distance

It's the lack of fight ending ability I find irritating... not the gender

So I guess I like championship level female mma and am meh on the rest

You really gonna call my idea dumb? Did you really think about what you just said? That's absolutely ridiculous.

You can be the best and be miles above the rest. If GSP was just as talented as he was but he competed in a weak division does that somehow make GSP less talented? Of course not.

Alright so we are going to praise the one who fight cans. No no. If you disrespect the opponents you are disrespecting the champion too. Be careful on that path. I am not saying GSP is not legit, but if you say his opponents weren't that raises a question how legit was he? I am not saying any one can, but saying champion is only legit in his division sounds like the champion is not legit either. If champion is legit, champion fights legit competition.

Stephen A. Smith open a can of worms when he said he doesn't like seeing women fight in MMA. So I thought I'd make a poll and see what the numbers will be like on here.

You should have phrased your question differently.

For example:

"Would you prefer having WMMA or no WMMA in the UFC"

It would give a more accurate reprentation of what people really want to see.

Asking people if they like WMMA, you'll probably get people voting yes because there are a select few they like watching. But it doesn't tell us if they would prefer having WMMA on a card or no WMMA.

They can fight at the same level technicly, they just are not as strong as men. Early ufc events were glorified strongman contests in a cage. In a perfect future wmma will be filled with more people like shev/nunes and less people like cindy dandois

Comparing women to men is like comparing apples to pears. Some prefer apples, some prefer pears. But apples are not inferior to pears just because one person prefers them.

You are allowed to dislike wmma but all the people on this forum raising their pitchforks to send women back where they belong are just using energy on a pointless task. Wmma is here and no amount of comparisons to men or iron balls that are actually stones will change that.

My advice is learn to enjoy it, life is alot more fun the more things you can enjoy
Amazing post

Back