Do you like seeing women fight in MMA?

Do you like seeing women fight in MMA?

• Total voters
I don't think it's nearly as polarizing outside of Sherdog as it is on Sherdog. I think most people either like it or are indifferent, and it's a very vocal minority that doesn't support or greatly dislikes it. Most of those people just happen to hang out here.

Source?

That is dumb. Doesn't mean any person is dumb. So I haven't been talking about anybody's intelligence. But have fun, stay safe!

You clearly were talking about someone's intelligence even if it was merely in this particular case. These are ridiculous semantics that don't really change the point.

So to your point then, Jessica Eye fought for the title. According to your logic, is Jessica Eye actually really talented or is Val actually not that good? Which is it?

Or my idea, maybe Val actually is good and Jessica isn't. That seems to make the most sense but you have a hard time with this logic because you think one's talent is dependent on their competition.

People that voted I Don't Care are clearly fine with WMMA in the UFC.
Those are No's that gave up. It's why the country is a shit hole. From giving up the good fight and letting the sewer overflow.

Source for what, my personal speculation? I'm not citing a fact here. That's what I observe. What kind of source could I possibly find for you? Most of the hate I see for the women is right here on Sherdog. You could scour the internet and find dozens of articles about the popularity of Women's MMA compared to other women's sports, but what would any of that prove to you?
No, it isn't. Gone altogether is not the same as gone from the UFC. Few fans complain about the existence of WMMA unless it is on cards they are watching because they want to see the men's fights.
Oh, well in that case you're right. I meant gone altogether from the UFC. Didn't really anticipate anyone taking that another way. Again though, I see plenty of people on this forum who are just outright opposed to women fighting.

You clearly were talking about someone's intelligence even if it was merely in this particular case. These are ridiculous semantics that don't really change the point.

So to your point then, Jessica Eye fought for the title. According to your logic, is Jessica Eye actually really talented or is Val actually not that good? Which is it?

Or my idea, maybe Val actually is good and Jessica isn't. That seems to make the most sense but you have a hard time with this logic because you think one's talent is dependent on their competition.

Val is as good as her competition. If she wants to be better, she needs to fight better competition. I know she can run a mile in great time and can do multiple push-ups, but in prize fighting business you are as good as the people you have beaten up.

Source for what, my personal speculation? I'm not citing a fact here. That's what I observe. What kind of source could I possibly find for you? Most of the hate I see for the women is right here on Sherdog. You could scour the internet and find dozens of articles about the popularity of Women's MMA compared to other women's sports, but what would any of that prove to you?

Oh, well in that case you're right. I meant gone altogether from the UFC. Didn't really anticipate anyone taking that another way. Again though, I see plenty of people on this forum who are just outright opposed to women fighting.

1. If there are dozens of articles about the popularity of WMMA compared to other women's sports, that would be a source to back up your claim. Can you link one or two please?
2. Ah, back to the hate argument I see. I don't think all too many posters here hate women. I think that's more of your "personal speculation".

As long as it's not a non-title fight on PPV.

No, it isn't. Gone altogether is not the same as gone from the UFC. Few fans complain about the existence of WMMA unless it is on cards they are watching because they want to see the men's fights.
However, I did find this extremely outdated article that hasn't aged well at all about how why Women's fighting will never be popular. That's always funny.

upload_2021-2-4_17-4-22.png

I like how the author's name is "Fugazzi," as well, that just makes it funnier.

Val is as good as her competition. If she wants to be better, she needs to fight better competition. I know she can run a mile in great time and can do multiple push-ups, but in prize fighting business you are as good as the people you have beaten up.

So which is it? Jessica is good or Val isn't actually that good?

However, I did find this extremely outdated article that hasn't aged well at all about how why Women's fighting will never be popular. That's always funny.

View attachment 831475

I like how the author's name is "Fugazzi," as well, that just makes it funnier.
That's still true. They don't attract the same views and it's still at a lesser level.

Yes I enjoy watching talented women fight.

WMMA > Sloppy HW's

1. If there are dozens of articles about the popularity of WMMA compared to other women's sports, that would be a source to back up your claim. Can you link one or two please?
2. Ah, back to the hate argument I see. I don't think all too many posters here hate women. I think that's more of your "personal speculation".
You take what I say very literally when you know that's not what I mean. "Hate for the Women" means dislike for the women's sport. I shouldn't have to spell that out for you.

None of those articles would mean anything to you, because they're all just other people's opinions. Putting something on the internet and calling it an article doesn't necessarily make it more credible. That's why I usually abstain from posting articles on the internet about such subjects. They're almost always someone's opinion, and it's very unlikely to change yours or mine.

https://www.sportscasting.com/boxing-still-has-a-big-lesson-to-learn-from-mma-and-the-ufc/
https://www.gamblingsites.com/blog/...e discipline of,way and gain name recognition.

There's a few I came upon just by searching, but again, these don't mean anything.

That's still true. They don't attract the same views and it's still at a lesser level.
It's the main reason WMMA fans oppose putting most of it on separate cards. They worry that it can't survive on its own, because it simply isn't popular enough.

It's hilariously not true, because it is insanely more popular and it's got the athlete salaries to prove it.

You take what I say very literally when you know that's not what I mean. "Hate for the Women" means dislike for the women's sport. I shouldn't have to spell that out for you.

I think using language like "hate" when talking about criticism of WMMA clouds the water and makes the discussion about the critics rather than their criticism. It seems to be intentional.

Last edited:
Val is not "just as good" as her competition. She's miles and miles ahead of almost all of it, since she's at flyweight. It's a wasteland there. It's actually pretty sad, because there's very little for her to meaningfully do.

Back