Do you still think Jones Jones is more dominant than Silva in his prime?

CodeBreaker

What belt?
@Brown
Reaction score
Jones in his prime, recently just had two questionable decision wins. The way Silva dominated in his prime and make world-class fighters look like clowns because of how insane and amazing he finishes them is unparalleled. Not to mention, the way Silva beat Sonnen, Belfort, Bonnar were more impressive than Jones did, and those guys still went up to 205 to fight Jones.

Silva was like 38 in his first UFC loss, and he lost that fight more than Weidman won it js.

Last edited:
Silva was spoon fed sometimes. Different times, different standards. I put Jones before Silva, though I feel like a blasphemer saying it. Man fought the best consistently.

Silva helped build something Jones thrives on.

Jones is like that guy with a rich dad. He owes a lot to more than himself.

who doesn’t?

AS was more of a KO artist, Jones is a superior version of AS in every other conceivable way. His competition was worse. The best opponents he fought as champ Belfort and Sonnen were opponents Jones got trashed for fighting at the time. "Jones can only beat MW's". Jones was supposed to fight Hendo too who'd be the other one.

AS did this thing where he went up to LHW to look good and fought non champs Forrest, Bonnar and Irvin. Also AS cleaning up the division is exagarrated. He didn't fight a lot of his would be matchups. Henderson rematch never happened, didn't fight Bisping cause Sonnen got a split decision and he never fought Belcher who I thought would have given AS problems too.

Jones had 27 seconds to win the fight and did it. Sort of like AS in the first fight where he had a very limited window to finish Sonnen and did it. Also nothing impressive about getting your ass kicked for 4.5 rounds and knocked down by a one dimensional wrestler just because you pulled off a miracle at the end. Sonnen broke records for throwing punches that fight cause normally you are asleep at that point. AS was so used to people being scared of him he was confused when Sonnen just charged him.

But yeah Jones's worst wins at the time were considered AS's best. Also for AS to have a longer win streak than Jones requires NC's and a DQ without those things Jones is 22-0 in the UFC, 15-0 in UFC title fights. AS was 16-0 in the UFC, 11-0 in title fights before he fought Weidman.

Jones beat 6 UFC champs, AS beat 3. If you give AS Henderson who did everything but win a UFC title got to give Bader to Jones too. Some of Jones's non champ opponents were the best he fought too only reason they weren't champs is cause of him. Besides Sonnen who else did AS deprive of a belt? Okami? Bisping(who beat him afterwards)?

Bader, Shogun, Rampage, Machida, Evans, Belfort, Cormier
Franklin, Belfort, Forrest, Henderson

Last edited:
One of the reasons I have Fedor and Silva above Gsp and Jones. The former 2 had their own impressive streaks while also ending a lot of their fights with their opponents screaming and tapping or losing conciousness. I'd rather take that while adding some losses on their downside over nullifying their opposition until time runs out preserving a record.

Jones was on pace as one of those fighters the way he took care of Machida and Shogun but it's been a while. I also don't think Jones is in his prime anymore.

Last edited:
Jones in his prime, recently just had two questionable decision wins. The way Silva dominated in his prime and make world-class fighters look like clowns because of how insane and amazing he finishes them is unparalleled. Not to mention, the way Silva beat Sonnen, Belfort, Bonnar were more impressive than Jones did, and those guys still went up to 205 to fight Jones.
One lost and was finished in their prime. One still hasn't been defeated by anyone...

Anderson's level of competition had always been weak, but I will say he was the funnest to watch, and his finishes were always spectacular. But yeah, prime Jon Jones >>> Prime Anderson interms of dominance and skill. Current Jones though? Lol...

38 years old sounds like not his prime anymore. And we all know Silva was winning that fight even at age 38
I want to see Jones fighting at 38, without the PEDS.
That doesn’t make him more dominant which is the question you asked. And BJJ is far from Sonnen’s own game. His record of submission losses is appalling.
Anderson fought injured,he slaughtered Sonnen in the second fight.
tumblr_m6ttk1VuaD1qdbfjdo1_250.gif

tumblr_m6twbaRBtR1qhq9wyo2_400.gif

Anderson's level of competition had always been weak, but I will say he was the funnest to watch, and his finishes were always spectacular. But yeah, prime Jon Jones >>> Prime Anderson interms of dominance and skill. Current Jones though? Lol...
images

video-anderson-silva-vitor-belfort-ufc-126.gif

a guy Anderson destroyed, broke Jones arm.

your competition deserves respect.

Jones faced old lions, 95% of his career.
<CanYouSeeMeNow>

always ran away from HW!
images

images

<CanYouSeeMeNow>

always ran away from HW!
images
Anderson fought injured? What a surprise

Anderson didn’t slaughter Sonnen in the rematch

He got 10-8’d again in the first round then Anderson started cheating grabbing Sonnen’s shorts to punch him and stop him from taking him down.

That’s just one fight.

Prime Anderson has dropped more rounds and been in more difficult positions than Jones

images

<CanYouSeeMeNow>

always ran away from HW!
images
Jones became the arguable greatest fighter of all time by the age Anderson Silva was losing to Japanese cans. lol

Back