Do you think the best MMA fighter at HW is the most dangerous human alive? (At hand to hand combat)

Do you think the best MMA fighter at HW is the most dangerous human alive? (At hand to hand combat)

• Total voters
Realistically speaking, I would bet on Jon Jones to defeat any other human who has ever lived in unarmed combat.
I don’t care how many Hookers, kilograms of cocaine, USADA suspensions (and exemptions), or even how many pregnant women get ran over in preparation for fight night, Jon beats them all. Roids or not.

Not really, heavyweights aren’t as skilled as lower weight classes and are slower.

Has Baki the Grappler taught you nothing? The most dangerous man is probably some cigarette-smoking Japanese man who has mastered all karate styles.

You can see several videos on internet where one dude beat the shit out of severals goons.

Not sure what you mean. I was saying theres no difference between jones, aspinall and jones swinging punches when it comes to fighting 3 random guys (on average). The 3 guys that fight any one of those guys are getting KOd badly.

Obviously not because CM Punk exists.

Inspired by this thread.

Like he can beat virtually beat any human alive in hand to hand combat? Meaning no rules. You can gouge the eyes, you can strike the throat. You can bite. All that craziness you can do in a real fight.

230305jones1.jpg
1715656510290.pngkim got him beat with air strikes

Inspired by this thread.

Like he can beat virtually beat any human alive in hand to hand combat? Meaning no rules. You can gouge the eyes, you can strike the throat. You can bite. All that craziness you can do in a real fight.

230305jones1.jpg

It was Chuck Liddell, in London, his back to a wall KOing people L&R in the alley.

Prime Chuck had to register as a WMD
punch-beating.gif

2183700c5c69adaae4ef9c5e1ea400ad.gif

giphy.gif

Right answer / wrong Chuck

<HisEye>

Realistically speaking, I would bet on Jon Jones to defeat any other human who has ever lived in unarmed combat.
I don’t care how many Hookers, kilograms of cocaine, USADA suspensions (and exemptions), or even how many pregnant women get ran over in preparation for fight night, Jon beats them all. Roids or not.
Nah, unless his name is Alexander Gustaffson The First Fight, then no. Or Reyes. Nah.

Has nothing to do with watching movies.

Giant difference in a cage fight with rules, versus a life or death fight without any (which could also include weapons, etc), and if you can't decipher the difference in training and application for those, that's more your problem than mine.

I also said ELITE, not all.

BSD being FRENCH special forces prob had some to do with it too ;).

In life or death type situations I'm going to lean towards the guys trained to kill, versus trained to win under a ruleset.
Lol. Legitimately acquire all of your information about combat from 80s action movies

In real combat I'll take the side of any Navy Seal, Delta Force, Marine Marsoc guy any time over a mma fighter

How many hours a day does a "Navy Seal, Delta Force, Marine Marsoc" train hand 2 hand combat?
and how many hours a day does a pro mma fighter train hand 2 hand?

In hand 2 hand I go with the guys that train the most.

Prime Fedor has entered the chat

Has nothing to do with watching movies.

Giant difference in a cage fight with rules, versus a life or death fight without any (which could also include weapons, etc), and if you can't decipher the difference in training and application for those, that's more your problem than mine.

I also said ELITE, not all.

BSD being FRENCH special forces prob had some to do with it too ;).

In life or death type situations I'm going to lean towards the guys trained to kill, versus trained to win under a ruleset.
I don't want to pretend to know everything, but this argument falls apart with this: realistically, in a street fight, it IS over, life or death, once someone gets knocked out or choked out. You don't need some secret killing technique, or to gouge their eye out etc. Once your opponent is KO'd, you could theoretically kill them. Or do whatever.

Honestly you have to just look at the top wrestler at HW right now if we're talking about Concrete. They slam you on the ground and you are knocked out, and they can beat anyone else on earth. But assuming a soft mat, then it's best MMA HW, either Aspinall/Jones.
Top MMA HW wrestler, or just HW wrestler? Because if it's the latter, then they've probably never dealt with strikes and can definitely eat a knee, punch, shin etc on the way in. Heck, imagine even them getting sprawled on attempting a low single, then eating a super mario esque stomp to the back of the head.

Seriously? In 2024, in an MMA forum, there are still people gullible enough to think otherwise?

I don't think so. However that takes nothing away from the dangers they pose. There are folks out there who do not hesitate to kill and it's a switch not easily flipped.
For the most part yes, but ay any given moment anyone can win. For example some crazy dude could go for Jone's eyes, balls, or throat, catch him off guard. I would always favor a pro MMA fighter over anyone else, but no one is invincible, and people who are ruthless and have killed with their hands before would have an advantage in that way.
Ok. Let's say a prime Jon Jones - or a hypothetical Jones from over a decade ago that juiced up to heavyweight size - enters some King of the Street events or some other no rules, anything goes vale tudo fights. Can Jones adjust his skillset to fighting with no rules? Does he have the mindset to adapt to biting, eye gouging, stomps, headbutts, spitting in the eyes, shots to the balls, small joint manipulation, ripping ears off, skull smashing onto concrete, etc.? I'd venture he does have the right mentality to adapt. So, with his physical frame, skill set, and mentality, would that version of Jon Jones be the best unarmed, no rules vale tudo fighting on the planet? He's a good candidate for it i'll tell you that. But nobody can say for sure; there are a lot of very dangerous men on this planet and most of them are not famous.
With 8 billion people on the planet, in no holds barred/no rules fighting, the odds are against it. Within an MMA ruleset, sure why not.
I think the best MMA HW might be the world's most dangerous man in competition, but all bets are off when it comes to life or death hand to hand combat.

Elite special forces agencies the world over train hand to hand combat in life or death, no referees to enforce rules, situations. My feeling is they are prob more dangerous by default, aka trained to kill, compared to someone just trained to fight.
Holy shit it's like I'm reading the comments on a wing chun video on Facebook, where people are stuck in the 90s and are apparently oblivious to mma.
Except this is an mma forum. You guys are fucking retards

Stop watching movies... BSD literally got destroyed by Poirier and he came from french special forces.

What do you think he would have done in a real fight ? A secret technique from a chinese master ?
Just remove the round time limit in that fight and there is very good chance Poirier does not make it. Poirier got bullied for most of the fight against a BSD weakened by a staph infection, and landed a good shot that turned the tables.

Doesn't mean I disagree with you (BSD is a full time training MMA fighter), but here the example is not the best.

Back