Do you think the best MMA fighter at HW is the most dangerous human alive? (At hand to hand combat)

Do you think the best MMA fighter at HW is the most dangerous human alive? (At hand to hand combat)

• Total voters
Only absolute fools think otherwise.

The best basketball player is DEFINITELY in the NBA.

The best football player is DEFINITELY in the NFL.

The best baseball player is probably that Ohtani guy.

The best boxer is DEFINITELY in boxing.

Now, following along that logic, if MMA is widely agreed as the best hand to hand combat sport, then OBVIOUSLY the best hand to hand fighter is the strongest MMA fighter in the top MMA org.

I can't imagine being such a sweet summer child that you'd still believe in killer Shaolin monks,Marine fighting masters, and gigantic mountain men nobody has ever sighted before but?definitely exists.

You really think it's that unlikely there's some special ops dude who are absolute killers? MMA fighters train MMA, these guys train to kill and defend themselves and others in all kinds of situations.

I did not think so when Ngannou was champ, and it was proven he wasn't when he fought boxers. He didn't have any kind of kicking offense and was not good on the ground.

And yet Ngannou beat Gane using what? ... Wrestling.

What makes u think he wouldn't have used kicks and Especially wrestling vs Fury and Joshua if it were allowed?

Inspired by this thread.

Like he can beat virtually beat any human alive in hand to hand combat? Meaning no rules. You can gouge the eyes, you can strike the throat. You can bite. All that craziness you can do in a real fight.

230305jones1.jpg
I wouldn't fancy their chances if an equally sized, Navy Seal or SAS wanted the smoke, These fighters learn martial arts but our SF learn how to kill human beings in hand to hand combat and there's people walking earth right now who HAVE killed enemy with their hands in places like Fallujah etc

After saying what I just did I want to state I believe Jon Jones is the best fighter whose ever lived under a specific rule set. I boxed as a kid so have always looked after myself quite well and once got into a fight on a night out vs a trained MMA fighter who instantly wrestled me to the ground smashing my head into the concrete cutting me on the process, I won't go into detail but he didn't handle gouging and biting and was making sounds like a terrified child so I use that experience when pitting a trained MMA fighter up against some bad ass SF who would have popped that eye, who wouldn't have stopped at just an ear etc. SF are the ultimate warriors walking this earth

Nobody is the most dangerous human alive over all others. You guys sound like you are 5 yrs old in here.

You really think it's that unlikely there's some special ops dude who are absolute killers? MMA fighters train MMA, these guys train to kill and defend themselves and others in all kinds of situations.
"trane to kill"

Jesus... tell me, what magical, special, secret techniques are they learning that allows them to kill someone like Aspinall or Ngannou in hand to hand combat? What could they possibly do? Rather than the ridiculous &trane to kwill" line that's always prevalent give us something specific.

"trane to kill"

Jesus... tell me, what magical, special, secret techniques are they learning that allows them to kill someone like Aspinall or Ngannou in hand to hand combat? What could they possibly do? Rather than the ridiculous &trane to kwill" line that's always prevalent give us something specific.

They're probably pretty good at MMA themselves, they just utilize their skillset to reach different kinds of goals.

They're also specifically gonna be trained in effectively utilizing illegal techniques.

The most dangerous humans alive use their minds and mouths, not hands and feet.

The UFC extension doesn't work, bruv.

Most of those sports, except boxing, are just American sports that, like, maybe Lithuania also plays?

Except boxing where you just say "the best boxer is DEFINITELY in boxing" - but if one manager starts saying he has the best stable, therefore he has the best boxer, you'd tell him to suck a fat one, right?

MMA is a global sport with many, many promotions, and the best MMA fighter might just be someone the UFC don't particularly want to market.

Is he the best hand-to-hand combatant in the world? As always, that depends on styles and rules :)
My line:

• Now, following along that logic, if MMA is widely agreed as the best hand to hand combat sport, then OBVIOUSLY the best hand to hand fighter is the strongest MMA fighter in the top MMA org.

Learn to read first bro. Nobody mentioned the UFC.

My line:

• Now, following along that logic, if MMA is widely agreed as the best hand to hand combat sport, then OBVIOUSLY the best hand to hand fighter is the strongest MMA fighter in the top MMA org.

There's hand to hand combat outside of sports. That's the part you're missing, or choosing to ignore.

They're probably pretty good at MMA themselves, they just utilize their skillset to reach different kinds of goals.

They're also specifically gonna be trained in effectively utilizing illegal techniques.
No they're not. Are you living in the 90s?

Do people still think marines, green berets, FBI agents or whatever have good hand to hand combat skills on par with trained MMA fighters?

Go watch Carlos Conduits army sparring session, then educate yourself on what those people actually train before thinking people who fight with guns and teamwork also are hand to hand combat masters.

It's amazing how dumb this forum is. I mean, MMA is our thing and y'all still don't know shit about it?

There's hand to hand combat outside of sports. That's the part you're missing, or choosing to ignore.
Do people still think marines, green berets, FBI agents or whatever have good hand to hand combat skills on par with trained MMA fighters?

Go watch Carlos Conduits army sparring session, then educate yourself on what those people actually train before thinking people who fight with guns and teamwork also are hand to hand combat masters.

It's amazing how dumb this forum is. I mean, MMA is our thing and y'all still don't know shit about it?

My line:

I can read.

And I read the following:

"top MMA org"

So, now that you're telling me that the "top MMA org" is not in fact the UFC, can you tell which one it is?

I can read.

And I read the following:

"top MMA org"

So, now that you're telling me that the "top MMA org" is not in fact the UFC, can you tell which one it is?
now you're splitting hairs.

the best MMA fighter is the best at hand to hand combat. The best MMA fighter we know is either Ngannou, or Aspinall, or Jones.

Or do you till want to blather on about vague MMA orgs with killer fighters the UFC doesn't want to promote?😂

now you're splitting hairs.

the best MMA fighter is the best at hand to hand combat. The best MMA fighter we know is either Ngannou, or Aspinall, or Jones.

Or do you till want to blather on about vague MMA orgs with killer fighters the UFC doesn't want to promote?😂

My point was that the best MMA fighter isn't necessarily in the UFC right now.

If you want to say the "best hand to hand fighter is the best MMA fighter", that's fine.

But you directly inferred they had to be in the UFC.

And I pointed out, that makes no sense.

The future UFC GOAT is absolutely, 100 % guaranteed to not be in the UFC right now. They will exist in a feeder league, ready to rip through the entire UFC roster.

Because that's the UFC's model.

Such a goofy thing to think that mma guys are "The World's Toughest!!!".

If you were to rate the most iconic-cum-lethal combat moves it would be:

1) the Karate Chop. Even the name is terrifying.

2) boxing jab. Doesn't sound that impressive... until you're on the business end of an angry boxer who's tired of watching you trying to twist a foot.

3) sumo palm strike. There's a reason why you're not doing jack SHIT to E.Honda when he's got that move going.

4) Anything TKD. If your form of combat is an acronym and one that when said out LOUD most people can't even agree with how to pronounce it... it's pretty fucking deadly.

5) Kung Fu Butterfly kick. They had to give it a silly name "butterfly" to take the terror of the whole thing down a few notches. And, calling it the "Kung Fu Liquify-Every-Organ-In-Your-Grappler's-Body Kick" is a bit too cumbersome to say repeatedly.

This top 5 is pretty much agreed upon by any sensible person.
After this it's a mishmash of other karate, boxing, etc strikes.... followed by some SAFTA moves, krav maga.... and rounding out the list, dead last: grappling, foot-twisting, "armbar" (lol... for heaven's sake).

My point was that the best MMA fighter isn't necessarily in the UFC right now.

If you want to say the "best hand to hand fighter is the best MMA fighter", that's fine.

But you directly inferred they had to be in the UFC.

And I pointed out, that makes no sense.

The future UFC GOAT is absolutely, 100 % guaranteed to not be in the UFC right now. They will exist in a feeder league, ready to rip through the entire UFC roster.

Because that's the UFC's model.

the title is whether the best MMA fighter is the best at H2H combat. Not this.

But I'm fine going on this tangent too.

Iron sharpens iron. we've seen plenty of times how fighters from weaker orgs come to the UFC and dominate. HOWEVER:

That's the UFCs model. they take those who show promise. That's the point of having smaller orgs.

But to say there is someone in a vague MMA org who can beat the current UFC HW champ? that's just ridiculous. We've seen dominations, but every time they're thrown to the wolves too fast they get beaten. Pavlovich is a great example. None of them are ready to face the top immediately. Some might have the potential but then again THAT'S THE UFCS MODEL. They only take you IF you show potential.

But potential and definite immediate strength are two different things.

Rather than some silly conspiracy or mental hoops you gotta jump through, maybe it's just that simple: that the top org that also pays the best (but still pays shit) attracts most of the best fighters, and once these fighters gain experience by fighting each other they get even better.

By his own words Jon Jones has spent his entire life getting his shit kicked in by his NFL brothers... there are monster professional athletes out there that weigh 60+ pounds more than Jon while still being as equally fast, or faster.

MMA has weight limits. Real life does not.

Last edited:
Iron sharpens iron. we've seen plenty of times how fighters from weaker orgs come to the UFC and dominate. HOWEVER:

That's the UFCs model. they take those who show promise. That's the point of having smaller orgs.

But to say there is someone in a vague MMA org who can beat the current UFC HW champ? that's just ridiculous.

But there are people in MMA orgs who can beat the UFC HW champ.

That's the point.

Nobody thought 7-2 Tom Aspinall from England was the guy, but he was. He didn't need much 'iron' to sharpen his iron, he's kinda ripped through all of 'em without much fuss.

There's bound to be some guy nobody has ever heard of out there who will tear through another UFC division once given the chance.

The UFC is just a platform for someone to make the most money possible.

It is not a sport interested in finding the 'best of the best'.

But there are people in MMA orgs who can beat the UFC HW champ.

That's the point.

Nobody thought 7-2 Tom Aspinall from England was the guy, but he was. He didn't need much 'iron' to sharpen his iron, he's kinda ripped through all of 'em without much fuss.

There's bound to be some guy nobody has ever heard of out there who will tear through another UFC division once given the chance.

The UFC is just a platform for someone to make the most money possible.

It is not a sport interested in finding the 'best of the best'.
You really think he can beat Pav without first going through the other guys? You do know Aspinall lost in the regionals before right? Even after the Arlovski fight he said he learned a lot from the vetetan. He said he even gassed himself out trying to chase a finish in round 1.

None of them, Gane, Ngannou, Jones, Miocic... could've beaten top ufc hws of their time without first going through the gauntlet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Real Deal
Back