Social Do you think you can survive one year in the wilderness by yourself?

Do you think you can survive one year in the wilderness by yourself?

• Total voters

Takes_Two_To_Tango

Formally known as MXZT
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Inspired by this thread.

And this older thread, that needed a poll. : - )

With no internet, no contact with the world? Just a nice log cabin like place in the woods. You get all the tools and supplies you need to survive.

Something like this.

But you have to not contact anyone for a year, not even text or anything.

Personally I don't think live like that without contact at all. I'd start feeling lonely and isolated obviously. Maybe I could do a month at best.

Inspired by this thread.

And this older thread, that needed a poll. : - )

With no internet, no contact with the world? Just a nice log cabin like place in the woods. You get all the tools and supplies you need to survive.

Something like this.

But you have to not contact anyone for a year, not even text or anything.

Personally I don't think live like that without contact at all. I'd start feeling lonely and isolated obviously. Maybe I could do a month at best.

I voted no before reading the post. If you start off with a cabin and all the supplies you need it would be easy. I would end up like Castaway, with Hanks making friends with Wilson, but you wouldn't have to worry about shelter or sustenance which is what would kill most of us city boys.

If I had a full loadout of everything I might need (tent, sleeping bag, clothes, matches, hatchet, knife, shotgun, rifle, plenty of ammo, water purifying stuff, med kit, etc) I could probably do it. But if I have to go out with just the clothes on my back and nothing else, I'd likely be screwed.

I have strong survival skills compared to the average person, and if we're talking zero support or outside resources for 12 months I'd probably starve to death during the winter.

Edit: this was going off the title, clothes on my back scenario. Stocked cabin is easy mode. Fuck yo cabin, make the challenge hardcore.

With all the stuff as listed , yea , without too many problems baring accidents or animal attack.

Would be nice just to spend some time with the voices in my head.

With all the stuff as listed , yea , without too many problems baring accidents or animal attack.

Would be nice just to spend some time with the voices in my head.

Don't forget the people you killed with the train....... I know it's not your fault really........

The answer that I learned from watching the show Alone is that for even trained people it is very hard. Probably, no one here would last a year by themselves in the wilderness unless they were given supplies and tools.

I think I could do it because I was homeless for almost an year when I was a teen. I will need the proper equipment and I have some outdoor knowledge from watching a lot tv and other media

I can't even have a dog? Fuck that.

The itch from not taking a shower would drive me nuts.

What are the tools and supplies?

I can handle being alone more than most (still isn't ideal), but without internet or music I'd probably go nuts. I feel like the adaptation your mind would go through to handle the isolation could be negative when you try to return to normal life. Like you turn into a hermit who just wants to hunt, work out and live in the woods. When people annoy you, you just go back to the woods again.

In a stocked cabin near fresh water, easily.

In full survival mode with minimal tools/supplies, I'd likely die. How long it would take depends on the climate. If I got lucky with water, fish and small game nearby, decent climate, I could see being able to hang for a few months.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biden's Diaper
Back