Social Do you think you can survive one year in the wilderness by yourself?

Do you think you can survive one year in the wilderness by yourself?

• Total voters
Probably not although I love the idea of living in the woods. Maybe I just want to die out there.

With all these artificial benefits, yes easily

not with my high metabolism.

I'd have no idea how to get food, and I'm a terrible cook.

I can try to fish, try to catch things, try to grow seeds, but I'd need time to practice before and I'd need luck.

I'd like to try for a week or so, but honestly, I'm probably not skilled enough to be self-sufficient. If that week goes well? Yes, if not? I'd pull out.

I wouldn't be able to do it if food had to be gathered & hunted. I always wondered what it would be like to not need money & have debt & just live in the wilderness. The idea of not relying on money seems nice.

Easy here in Australia with our climate and I'm a very good fisherman. I can stand on the right spot on a beach and let the waves dig a feast of pippies up for me

The answer that I learned from watching the show Alone is that for even trained people it is very hard. Probably, no one here would last a year by themselves in the wilderness unless they were given supplies and tools.
That was my first thought, it's extremely hard for those guys and they know what they're doing, not a soft office worker like me.

Then I saw OP said with a cabin and supplies, so not much of a challenge.

That was my first thought, it's extremely hard for those guys and they know what they're doing, not a soft office worker like me.

Then I saw OP said with a cabin and supplies, so not much of a challenge.

You'll be ok to be alone for a year without no human contact?

Pretty sure I’d lose my mind with no outside world contact for a year. So I’m voting no

I can live without human contact but seriously doubt I could live off the land so I'd say no.

Easy. I don't even consider myself a survivalist...just a farm boy.

I'd skin a Sasquatch and use its hide as a sleeping bag <mma4>

I think I could do it because I was homeless for almost an year when I was a teen. I will need the proper equipment and I have some outdoor knowledge from watching a lot tv and other media

you should have called me

Location is key to answering this, but outside of an arctic region I believe I’d have no issues surviving for a year outdoors. Do I get a knife and magnifying glass to start at least?

Edit - should have read OP. I get a cabin and all the supplies I need? Wtf @MXZT? Outside of the solitude how easy is this scenario?

Back