Do you view JBJ as an undefeated fighter, even though he had a "loss" to Matt Hamill.

Do you view JBJ as an undefeated fighter, even though he had a "loss" to Matt Hamill.

• Total voters
Knee cap is to large to penetrate the orbital like an elbow.
No one is sticking their toe in someones eye.
MMA fighters wear gloves.

Yes, it is a rightful DQ. Multiple 12-6 elbows to the face, very dangerous.

EDIT: I don't think you understand the magnitude of damage these elbows can inflict, you can seriously hinder someone's long term health by using 12-6 Elbows in the mount.
A kick = toe
we've seen multiple knuckles from 4oz gloves go in somebodys eye. And yes. A knee can fuck up your eye. You don't know shit. Are you also supporting the ban cause you can break bricks with a 12-6 elbow? It looks worse than the actual effect. For example you cant get full body weight in to it. For example the recently posted gif from Vera vs Jones.

A kick = toe
we've seen multiple knuckles from 4oz gloves go in somebodys eye. And yes. A knee can fuck up your eye. You don't know shit. Are you also supporting the ban cause you can break bricks with a 12-6 elbow? It looks worse than the actual effect. For example you cant get full body weight in to it. For example the recently posted gif from Vera vs Jones.

The elbow's tip can strike the eyeball as a whole. The toe and a knee cannot.

And I don't ever remember a fighting taking a toe to the eye. Let alone coordinating an attack around the toe. That is just unrealistic.

You need to reevaluate your thinking sir.

I don't think you understand what a 12-6 elbow even is.

Just watched all his fights with the sound off and he is cleary undefeated. Had a close call with Gustaffson, which in my scoring he definitely won

He's been disqualified, he hasn't been defeated.

And I don't ever remember a fighting taking a toe to the eye. Let alone coordinating an attack around the toe. That is just unrealistic.

YUth8l.jpg

I hate to butt in here but a toe to the eye is actually what left Mike Winkeljohn with a permanently injured/blind eye.

I look at the Jon Jones DQ the same way I saw the Fedor cut. Both of them did not lose those fights in my book.

You have to be submitted, KO'd, or lose a decision to truly have been beaten. That is just my humble opinion though.

I was debating someone over this very topic a day or two ago. He thought I was trolling him when I said I see Jon Jones as an unbeaten fighter. Glad to see that "undefeated/unbeaten" is the general consensus, even if it is the sometimes unpopular Jon Jones.

I thought that fight should have been stopped before the 12-6's anyway. Hamil is deaf and also had blood pouring over his eyes, how was he supposed to communicate with the ref in that situation?

So you are saying that the elbow tip is the "perfect size" to blind someone? A thumb is more perfect by that logic.

This is only you talking out of your ass. If you only knew the risks and things that can happend in mma. That is why it's being done by professionals.

Ask Mitrione if he would rather take a 12-6 elbow than that eyebuster he cought against Browne.

The actually reason for him not being able to continue fighting doesn't matter in a controversial loss for Jon Jones.

It doesn't matter why Hamill couldn't continue, the ref didn't stop it cause Hamill couldn't continue, he stopped it cause Jones broke the rules twice right in front of him.

He broke the rules and lost. So yeah, it's a legit loss. He wasn't beat by Hamill. He was beat by doing an illegal move.

Horrible reffing led to Hamill taking much more damage than he should have.

The ref should have stopped the fight long before any 12-6 elbows occurred. He already wasn't intelligently defending himself.

Still undefeated to me.

It doesn't matter why Hamill couldn't continue, the ref didn't stop it cause Hamill couldn't continue, he stopped it cause Jones broke the rules twice right in front of him.

The fight was stopped because of the elbows but the DQ was given because steve believed the elbows were the reason matt couldn't continue fighting. If he didn't have an injured shoulder he could have continued and the fight would not have been stopped. Poor ref'ing

No, because Matt Hamil was on the bottom and bloodied and looked like he was about to die.

Thats not a defeat. He has a loss on his record because of a rule, but has never gotten his ass kicked to be defeated.

The fight was stopped because of the elbows but the DQ was given because steve believed the elbows were the reason matt couldn't continue fighting. If he didn't have an injured shoulder he could have continued and the fight would not have been stopped. Poor ref'ing

It's not really poor reffing, it's just a screwed up situation, have you ever heard a ref ask a fighter why they can't continue, I haven't. They just ask if they can continue or not. The facts are the fight was stopped after Jones landed 2 illegal blows right in front of the ref then they asked him if he could continue or not, and he couldn't so DQ. If Jones didn't break the rules he wouldn't have lost but he did so he did. Rules are rules, Jones knows the rules and he broke them.

I thought that I was the most steadfast Bones fan on this site. Amazing I am in the 16% (minority) here.

I cannot fathom an educated rational for the stupid fricken rule, but that isn't the question here! It is a rule regardless of how idiotic the damn thing is.

He did commit the infraction, and the rule was in place. He lost.

If the Unified rules stipulated that a fighters brother that smokes synthetic weed within' a year of said fighters last bout, a victory would be overturned to a defeat, then he would have two loses!

It's not really poor reffing, it's just a screwed up situation, have you ever heard a ref ask a fighter why they can't continue, I haven't. They just ask if they can continue or not. The facts are the fight was stopped after Jones landed 2 illegal blows right in front of the ref then they asked him if he could continue or not, and he couldn't so DQ. If Jones didn't break the rules he wouldn't have lost but he did so he did. Rules are rules, Jones knows the rules and he broke them.

You make a valid point, poor job on the commissions part for not overturning it to a no contest

You make a valid point, poor job on the commissions part for not overturning it to a no contest

I don't think it should be overturned, he broke the rules, a NC for breaking the rules isn't a punishment. It would set a bad precedent and just cause more fighters to break the rules for an advantage if they know they won't be punished.

Cheating is supposed to be a risk reward thing, where you might get an advantage by cheating but you risk getting caught and punished. Suggesting he shouldn't have been punished for breaking the rules takes the risk out of cheating and makes it all reward or at least no negative.

Back