Opinion Dodgy Dave Cameron returns to UK government as foreign secretary; Suella Braverman was fired

panem-et-circenses

In the garden
Reaction score
David Cameron has returned to government as UK foreign secretary, in a stunning comeback for the former prime minister that highlighted Rishi Sunak’s willingness to take risks as he looks to revive his political fortunes.

Downing Street announced on Monday that Cameron would join the government, accepting a peerage in order to do so, as part of a wider reshuffle in which Suella Braverman was sacked as home secretary and replaced by the foreign secretary, James Cleverly.”

The Guardian

Cameron, who made one of the all-time political blunders, which lead to his subsequent resignation, has been appointed foreign secretary in the fledgling Sunak government. The China shill, and bored school boy, will return after years of being away. It moves the UK one step closer to being can nation, but good thing Tom beat white Ngannou this past weekend, showing it’s possible to be great
If you try hard enough.

i have only one reaction to this news:
F-xI3GLXkAAlEfe

I see a lot of people complaining about the current uk government but do they have a real opposition? I see the complaints but no one touting someone or another party as a good replacement

I see a lot of people complaining about the current uk government but do they have a real opposition? I see the complaints but no one touting someone or another party as a good replacement
Come may the labor party will come to power

The labour party are trashing the tories in opinion polls at a ratio of like 2:1. There's a general election in May which labour are set to win by an absolute landslide. There's no love for the SNP or the lib dems at the moment, risking a split of labours vote. All the stars are aligned for them to win easily.

People are complaining because this is a zombie government just waiting to be evicted. Most of the ministers probably aren't even concentrating on running the country. They know they only have a few more months of power so are most likely using that time to setup their careers post-politics.

The labour party are trashing the tories in opinion polls at a ratio of like 2:1. There's a general election in May which labour are set to win by an absolute landslide. There's no love for the SNP or the lib dems at the moment, risking a split of labours vote. All the stars are aligned for them to win easily.

People are complaining because this is a zombie government just waiting to be evicted. Most of the ministers probably aren't even concentrating on running the country. They know they only have a few more months of power so are most likely using that time to setup their careers post-politics.

Legitimately read that as "Most of the ministers probably aren't even concentrating on ruining the country" lol

The man who started the whole Brexit clusterfuck whores himself out for a seat in the lord's...

This is such a big part of the problem. They are useless hugely because they have had no meaningful opposition for years.

Leftwingers moan about the Tories but if they got their act together we'd have changed government years ago.

Oh so in England a female visible minortiy can’t act like a privileged white male? They can get fired for it?
MTG and Boobet luckily do their politics in USA

But wow didn’t see ex PM coming in to be a foreign minister.

The date of the next British general election is not yet known. It could be as late as the 28th of January 2025 (barring some kind of emergency in which case it could be later).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bno
Back