Does anyone care about Paddy Pimblett anymore? (Hasn't fought since Dec 2023)

I'm not a fan of his but follow Sherbros very closely. Could have sworn prior to his fight with Gordon you couldn't go longer than a week without a few Paddy threads on here. Ever since then he has only fought one more time and I would say looked very subpar against the corpse of Tony Ferguson. He fought 3 times in 2022, once in 2023 (due to injury) and 0 times so far in 2024.

I 100% get why people can care less and focus on world class fighters but I must admit I am intrigued by his reputable downfall in the UFC or as others would say this is who Paddy has always been. A cocky B- level fighter who thinks he's Islam's level. I just want to see him fight one good fighter in their prime in the UFC to expose him but UFC and Paddy keep avoiding the elite it seems like.

It's been nearly half a year and it's normal for a pro fighter to not fight for a few months but not a peep not one single fight announced or gossiped about in 2024? What gives? He's very active on social media and no injuries to my knowledge.
Did anyone ever care? Why would anyone care unless it’s just to see that straw head thrashing around when he finally gets knocked out?

Lol Suga is a champion and has fought and beaten elite guys and is always in shape. Weird comparison. Paddy turns into a whale after fights and struggles to beat a shot to shit Tony. Should have an L against that Gordon.
i said he doesn't have the "stripes" that suga does....read properly, son

I don't mean any hyperbole here at all: If he loses his next fight in any way (or wins it very boringly/controversially), he'll lose all steam and be a "never was". If he wins his next in anything resembling a dominant manner his hype-train will blow up hugely again.

I called bro out to a slap spar for 6ixdog clout but bro just eek my post fam swear down 💯 🚫🧢🧢

Tink he heard bro was down w/Big Mac he my Shidoshi Baddy Paddy said nahhhh too much power lad LMFAOLLL

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure people will buy into Paddy's fight when it comes round.

It's unfortunate he didn't fight more than once in 2023, but it happens.

It's going to be in the UK anyway, and the crowd is bound to be amped for Paddy as well as other British fighters. Paddy moreso than most, as he's really well established with the British audience and his rhetoric works really well in Northern England. Talks about good stuff, mental health, fuck the Tories, all the good down-to-Earth stuff, and it seems real, too.

I think there'll be plenty of threads on here, too. People (myself included) love to try to gauge where Paddy's at.

I think his next fight could be a big one.

Moicano seems like the logical choice, in England. That's gonna be a big fight.. and it will be the sink or swim moment for him.

He's done better than I thought he would in the UFC tbh. But watching him, I just don't see it. I think he will likely get beat up pretty good in his next fight which I think will be against a ranked guy.

He does have good submissions though, and he seems to be fairly dangerous especially in the first round.. so maybe he will surprise us and get another big win or two.

I think everyone, including the UFC, realized that he’s barely UFC calibre, so the hype disappeared.

I like Paddy but I look at him differently now since that whole Ariel thing. Paddy was a guy who wore Sakuraba shorts and dove for subs. His past few UFC fights have been stinkers though. He could have done more with Tony.

lost favorability after that delusional take after the other fight

Not really. Would i mind seeing him fight and take a step up in competition? Sure, because he's probably going to lose, but other than that i really don't care. He's not that special.

Is he injured or something, because if he's not if there is one thing to take note of from the rise of the Mcgregors, Holloway, Adesanyas & Pereira's. Is that fighting often in turn always benefits when they're still young in their UFC careers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kechan123
Back