Does anyone remember the timeline of Steroids, TRT, and ban in the UFC?

USADA came into effect in Summer of 2015

but there was a time were all of a sudden TRT was okay and promoted almost and then eventually TRT got banned, and then USADA came and banned almost everything. There was also a time pre TRT and USADA were fighters were hardly drug tested right? I mean Diaz bros would smoke right after a fight and never failed the post fight drug test. But now a days you will fail it for that
Nick Diaz failed a heap of tests

TUEs were around for awhile before they became public knowledge

You just needed a Dr to sign off that you had hypogonadism, which had an unusually high rate amongst fighters

The funniest one was Todd Duffee getting medical clearance for TRT for low testosterone at age 24…. While looking like this

33d11cbcc809db7a22d350ee9f152f67.jpg

Surprisingly, he actually looks kinda the same now. Just a little less ripped

Hey honestly don't blame any fighter for jumping on the TRT wagon while it was going. If it was legal with an exemption and you could get the exemption, go for it. It ain't breaking the rules at the time, though might burn you down the road when it was banned again and you aren't as able as you were with it. Rules and such change over time, and over different orgs they also had different rules so as long as you fought udner the rules you were contracted to, giver shit.

Does anyone remember the last time somebody got caught by usada?

Pretty sure they no longer announce failures. Not sure if they officially announced that, or if I just started assuming it, but I'm pretty sure it was in 2019 or 2020 when I noticed that there hadn't been one of those headlines for a while so I started googling and all I could find were state athletic commission failures for weed.

No announcements along with sudden fighter departures, IE Yoel Romero. Suddenly fighters deciding to "take time off", IE Jon Jones.

Basically you can make an educated guess who has failed a test by looking at their fights. If someone isn't injured yet goes 12-24 months without a fight.....they likely got popped.

Pretty sure they no longer announce failures. Not sure if they officially announced that, or if I just started assuming it, but I'm pretty sure it was in 2019 or 2020 when I noticed that there hadn't been one of those headlines for a while so I started googling and all I could find were state athletic commission failures for weed.

No announcements along with sudden fighter departures, IE Yoel Romero. Suddenly fighters deciding to "take time off", IE Jon Jones.

Basically you can make an educated guess who has failed a test by looking at their fights. If someone isn't injured yet goes 12-24 months without a fight.....they likely got popped.

Pretty sure I thought they were announced once a decision was rendered, but not during the appeal process or while it was still an open case. Would suspensions from USADA not be on their website?

but there was a time were all of a sudden TRT was okay and promoted almost and then eventually TRT got banned, and then USADA came and banned almost everything. There was also a time pre TRT and USADA were fighters were hardly drug tested right? I mean Diaz bros would smoke right after a fight and never failed the post fight drug test. But now a days you will fail it for that

Pre-USADA fighters were ONLY tested on the night of the fight. Nick didn't fail weed tests from smoking after the fight.....he failed from smoking before the fight. The only time the "after the fight" thing came up was well after USADA was in place, it happened when Nate was smoking a joint or CBD Vape at a post fight press conference. Pretty sure a journalist asked Nate if he had taken the post fight test yet and he said no, then everyone freaked out.

You can smoke weed after the post fight drug test. I think they take it immediately after.

I remember it very clearly. IMO that was the end of the golden era of the UFC 2008-2015

The funniest one was Todd Duffee getting medical clearance for TRT for low testosterone at age 24…. While looking like this

Neck seems a bit weak and he has no 8 pack, so I'll agree on the medical condition. At 6'3 he is a tiny bit short for a 'dogger

Yup. Just follow Jones career. There's a correlation with performance, USASA and getting caught.

Garbage genetics.

What would the best steroids for mma / boxing what would improve cardio and help with your training

What do you mean? 2 of Nick’s weed suspensions were pre-USADA. Overeem’s PED failure was also pre-USADA, he was caught by NSAC. Ditto for Tim Sylvia, Forrest Griffin, Josh Barnett like a billion times…. So yes, USADA made it tougher, but I wouldn’t say they rarely or never drug tested before that. Plenty of dudes got popped. As for TRT, it was banned in 2013 I believe. I think Hendo stopped right before the Rashad fight because he knew the TRT ban was coming.

Back