Media Does Belal Muhammad deserve more respect?

I really don't get the hate tbh. He is a good fighter. He stays active. Solid resume.

I feel like it's mostly Covington fans trolling
Can't speak for others, but for me it's absolutely nothing to do with his fighting, I just think he comes across like a complete douchebag. For me he's worse than guys like Conor or Garry, because in those cases you can at least point to something like alcohol, drugs, wag wife delusion, or a fake persona if you don't like guys like Colby or Cejudo, but with Bilal it's literally just him being himself is insufferable

I must confess to Sherdog that I can’t remember his name 😂

Sherdog-a-verse please forgive me

He deserves the TS he earned. No more, no less. I just hope whomever wins between Edwards/Colby wants to defend the WW belt soon. No going up. No ducking Belal.

But Edwards should win that fight. If he loses his legacy is going to take a hit.

Leon was basically in Belal's position not too long ago; a guy with a huge win streak that everyone complained about for being boring.
he had his breakout moment when he won the title. maybe Belal will have a breakout moment when he gets a title shot?

Difference is Leon was champ at 31. At this rate Belial will be 36/37 by the time he gets a title shot. He also didn't seem to have much for Leon when they fought, before the eye poke.

I rather watch a Jon Fitch fight.

I been watching fights for a long time. The only time I fell asleep was watching Belal. I am not even kidding.

Lol, no he isn't. His fights with Usman were forced to be striking battles because neither could control the other. Otherwise he's a boring grinder.
It's weird how there seems to be this narrative among some that Colby is an all action, can't miss fighter. I would definitely put him ahead of Belal as far as entertainment goes but the whole reason he started with his act is because his fights weren't entertaining and no one cared to watch him fight. The Usman fights were an anomaly but that seems to be all he's remembered for.

But yeah Belal does deserve more respect, he isn't all that entertaining in the cage but the guy is active and is clearly willing to fight whoever they put infront of him. More fighters need to have the mentality Belal has.

Enki Bilal did ok

enki-bilal-la-foire-aux-immortels-(for-1st-vol.-of-la-trilogie-nikopol).jpg

Back