Does blaydes’ win over aspinall ‘count’?

RonDante

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Title basically

15 seconds into the fight, aspinall throws a leg kick and blows out his acl. 1% of the total fight time (15sec/25min), and blaydes didn’t cause the injury in any way

Does it count?

I don’t count it

If he came in with a preexisting condition I would. Going into a fight injured is your own fault and a loss for stupidity.

Nah. I mean it "counts" as in it's a win on Blaydes record and a loss on Tom's and not one that could be overturned, but it didn't really change their ranking or matchmaking trajectory and nobody would argue it as a plus for Blaydes or a minus for Aspinall.

On a side note, I actually thought it was a KO at the time because it looked like Blaydes landed smashed him right on the chin, and didn't see until the replay that the punches didn't actually land. I still don't know that Blaydes didn't have anything at all to do with it, or if those punches made Tom pull back too fast or throw the kick awkwardly, but it doesn't really matter.

Nah. I mean it "counts" as in it's a win on Blaydes record and a loss on Tom's and not one that could be overturned, but it didn't really change their ranking or matchmaking trajectory and nobody would argue it as a plus for Blaydes or a minus for Aspinall.

On a side note, I actually thought it was a KO at the time because it looked like Blaydes landed smashed him right on the chin, and didn't see until the replay that the punches didn't actually land. I still don't know that Blaydes didn't have anything at all to do with it, or if those punches made Tom pull back too fast or throw the kick awkwardly, but it doesn't really matter.
Say what? It absolutely did. Blaydes got a #1 contender fight after. Tom fought Tybura.

Title basically

15 seconds into the fight, aspinall throws a leg kick and blows out his acl. 1% of the total fight time (15sec/25min), and blaydes didn’t cause the injury in any way

Does it count?

I don’t count it
I don't count it against Aspinall. I think Tom should be able to beat him in the rematch and hope that solidifies him as the Undisputed HW champ.

Now that he knows how to do it, Blaydes probably fucks Aspinall's knee up again

1715410503271.png

Nah, not in my book.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brendan The Hybrid Schaub
Back