Does Luke Rockhold have the best top game in the UFC?

If he gets through Jan (which I'm expecting), he's really the only one in the UFC that I see matching up well with JBJ and having the skillset to beat him.

Who else has better top game?

Which version of Rockhold are we talking about though? Luke has won one fight in the last three years (Branch) and looked pretty unimpressive it it afaic. Btw I don't know why everyone seems to think he will beat Blachowicz. I think that fight is very open and given Luke's suspect chin I wouldn't be surprised at all if Jan caught him on the feet and take the W.

No but his lay down game is great

cr27L77.gif

Rockhold fell in love with the check hook, it's a good strike but it's dangerous to throw and it shouldn't be the only defensive tool you use.

I can't even imagine how you arrived at this situation. Luke Rockhold doesn't have the best top game at his gym, let alone the entire ufc.

Lol @ him even making it to Jones let alone beating him. Luke has 1 win since 2015 ffs and it's over a low level gatekeeper... 4 of his wins since beating Jacare (8 YEARS AGO) are retired, 2 are very low level gatekeepers, and 1 is out of the UFC... Luke is irrelevant even if the pointless rankings don't reflect this

I would love to test Michelle Waterson top game all night long.

it's up there, i personally think he does, at the very least top 3.

that shits terrifying.

Which version of Rockhold are we talking about though? Luke has won one fight in the last three years (Branch) and looked pretty unimpressive it it afaic. Btw I don't know why everyone seems to think he will beat Blachowicz. I think that fight is very open and given Luke's suspect chin I wouldn't be surprised at all if Jan caught him on the feet and take the W.

Luke isn't cutting weight anymore. He won't be depleted and his chin will be stronger. Also I dont get why ppl say Luke has no chin. If any other fighter on the roster (not just at MW) took that shot from Romero they would have died too. That KO from bisping was right on the button too. He ate shots cleanly from Branch, and Branch KO'd Santos with those same shots.

We need to ask Demi Lovato

Just the mention of Luke leaves me feeling all confused

Luke isn't cutting weight anymore. He won't be depleted and his chin will be stronger. Also I dont get why ppl say Luke has no chin. If any other fighter on the roster (not just at MW) took that shot from Romero they would have died too. That KO from bisping was right on the button too. He ate shots cleanly from Branch, and Branch KO'd Santos with those same shots.

his chin might be stronger, but the LHW's also hit harder and his defense still will remain as shitty as it's always been.

if you don't think he's going to get KO'd easier at LHW, i don't know what to tell you. KO's don't happen just because you have a shitty chin, they almost always happen because you have a shitty defense, and that's what Luke has, shitty defense. that kind of stuff doesn't just get fixed over night and changing weight classes.

He's got a decent top game, but in his last fight he was definitely the guy on the bottom being dominated by the more masculine alpha.

RomeroKiss.jpg

Luke 30-27d Yoel and every one knows the Bisping KO was a fluke.

Those are his only losses in years.

I can't even imagine how you arrived at this situation. Luke Rockhold doesn't have the best top game at his gym, let alone the entire ufc.
It makes no sense to downplay his top game and act as if it’s crazy to compare with other top guys. And it’s possible to be second at his own gym and second in all mma at the same time.

It makes no sense to downplay his top game and act as if it’s crazy to compare with other top guys. And it’s possible to be second at his own gym and second in all mma at the same time.
no

How does he match up well with Jones?

Back