Does primal Justin Gaethje beat Holloway?

I will always appreciate the entertainment Gaethje has provided me and the wars he's taken part in. I believe that Max had a great game plan and would have won that fight with or without the nose break, which occurred due to the team breaking down tape on him, but he's entitled to his opinion. I'll always tune into his fights and I'll root for him when he's not fighting Max. That simple.

I will always appreciate the entertainment Gaethje has provided me and the wars he's taken part in. I believe that Max had a great game plan and would have won that fight with or without the nose break, which occurred due to the team breaking down tape on him, but he's entitled to his opinion. I'll always tune into his fights and I'll root for him when he's not fighting Max. That simple.
Yeah you'd think a spinning kick to break your nose might get the 'primal state' to kick in lol

I mean it's really not a good enough argument.

Him getting spin kicked in the face and breaking his nose early on was due to his lunging and ducking what he thought would be high kicks when coming forward aggressively.

He kept doing it later on even when Max kept throwing it to the body and almost got caught several times in the same area.

So he may have just hastened his demise by being overly aggressive or simply been too compromised by taking more severe damage off counters.

Just at LW we have
  • Primal Justin
  • Bendo with a toothpick in his mouth
  • Motivated BJ
  • Tiramusu-free Khabib
  • Islam with Khabib in his corner
  • Pre-2020 Tony Ferguson
  • Chandler with a Fight IQ Above Comfortable Room Temperature
  • Pre-Mayweather Conor
That's a dream tournament there if someone can get a time machine.

Justin Gaethje was on the Dan Lebatard show yesterday and said that the reason he lost to Holloway was because Holloway was always in a different weight class and Gaethje never saw him as an opponent. He was not able to go into a primal state for the fight.

In his words:
"It was more difficult for my body to go into like a primal state because of my lack of awareness of the danger that my body was in. I never saw Max as an opponent.. he was always in a different weight class"

Is primal Gaethje up there with the likes of Sea-level Cain, TRT Vitor, motivated BJ Penn, K1 Hughes, Chuck Liddell with that look in his eye, full camp Chad Mendes, healthy Shogun, etc...?
Primal Gaethje belongs with the rest. The one that doesn't belong is TRT Vitor. That was actually a real thing.

iu

I mean it's really not a good enough argument.

Him getting spin kicked in the face and breaking his nose early on was due to his lunging and ducking what he thought would be high kicks when coming forward aggressively.

He kept doing it later on even when Max kept throwing it to the body and almost got caught several times in the same area.

So he may have just hastened his demise by being overly aggressive or simply been too compromised by taking more severe damage off counters.
word.

I even thought his statement was pretty much a convoluted way to say, or avoid saying 'I might have underestimated him' and or 'his game plan and execution was magnificent'

Reactions: HHJ
word.

I even thought his statement was pretty much a convoluted way to say, or avoid saying 'I might have underestimated him' and or 'his game plan and execution was magnificent'
Even if I don't agree...this is less egregious than like what jamahal hill was saying

Justin has had his ups and downs and he gets by and stays at the elite levels. Even if it doesn't make sense his viewpoints some how work for him.

Even if I don't agree...this is less egregious than like what jamahal hill was saying

Justin has had his ups and downs and he gets by and stays at the elite levels. Even if it doesn't make sense his viewpoints some how work for him.
(Even taken at face value) It does make sense, but is something that he needs to get control over in one way or another.

I think Jon does this well, and Iron Mike.

This ain't the best clip to express it, but it touches on it. If I had time I would find the better more accurate one.

I love Justin but if ever I heard an excuse in my life, this is definitely one of them.

"I wasn't able to go primal"

Who is he the Liver King now?

I really wish more fighters would say...yeah he was better than me that night, and move the fuck on.

(Even taken at face value) It does make sense, but is something that he needs to get control over in one way or another.

I think Jon does this well, and Iron Mike.

This ain't the best clip to express it, but it touches on it. If I had time I would find the better more accurate one.

It doesn't make sense for him, or anyone else @HHJ , @Blanqa Blanqua the fuckin guy lost to the better man.
Anything else said is just trying to undermine Max's win.

There's no need to make excuses, he lost, nothing else matters brothers.

It doesn't make sense for him, or anyone else @HHJ , @Blanqa Blanqua the fuckin guy lost to the better man.

Yeah that isn't the way these guys think. Most of them can't think that way. They go back to the gym and mentally go to whatever place they have to, to make the long arduous climb back to the top.

"Better man??" Nah. Got to be something else"

That's OK. Most of them do this. The ones that don't usually are just trying to pander to the fans who will boo them for not sucking their opponents dick

Primal makes sense, but he needs to get control over it one way or another.

Iron Mike LIVED Primal for his beginning 30 plus bouts, the BMOP.

Here is a Primal female battle companion for Justin.​

1713927491452.jpeg

I love Justin but if ever I heard an excuse in my life, this is definitely one of them.

I really wish more fighters would say...yeah he was better than me that night, and move the fuck on.
That's what all fans want them to say. Cos it describes what they saw or think they saw.

But that's now how they FEEL

Me too.

The Liver King comment got me laughing lololol. At the height of his fame I had two separate groups of friends (normally intelligent guys) trying to sell me on his BS.. to which I replied 'That guy is pumped so full of fucking steroids and PEDs it's not funny', then a week or two later his emails got exposed. lololol

I am glad it was before they started eating camel's cum or whatever it was he was pretending gave him his gains.

The last line I fully agree with - the 'that night' is important.

I guess it needs to be explained to know if it makes sense. It's essence seemed like 'I underestimated him' - which to me would make sense, and be a reasonable thing to say, and not detract from Max.

It also seemed like something a coach or sports psychologist might have said to him.

In terms of PR - I totally agree, don't bother with excuses to the media - just congratulate Max and say 'I'll be back!'. But also.... How / why he lost should matter to him, privately, but rather than blaming 'mystical bullshit' it would be better to be honest with himself, about his prep, about what Max did, and to break down the entire fight and go to work on improving it.

Last edited:
Back