Does primal Justin Gaethje beat Holloway?

That's what all fans want them to say. Cos it describes what they saw or think they saw.

But that's now how they FEEL
Im a fan, and all I want is honesty sir.

He didn't look like he was feeling good hahaha but feeling good to Justin is different than what we would classify as good ahahah

Good to him is like...being alive still

i mean, he definitely didn't look good to me, but that's what he said. he said because they trained cardio so much in his training camp he was surprised at how in shape he was at the beginning of the 5th. but yea, he looked battered as fuck and slow

Im a fan, and all I want is honesty sir.
I think he is being honest. Just he is struggling between the truth and how he feels about it.

I have no doubt he thinks he can beat max and that he will be able to do it next time. Guys a competitor. More often than not guys at this level are just gonna chalk it up to making adjustments and bad luck. I'm ok w that.

Yeah that isn't the way these guys think. Most of them can't think that way. They go back to the gym and mentally go to whatever place they have to, to make the long arduous climb back to the top.

"Better man??" Nah. Got to be something else"

That's OK. Most of them do this. The ones that don't usually are just trying to pander to the fans who will boo them for not sucking their opponents dick

Know what Max said when he lost to Dustin?
Neither do I but I know he didn't make excuses sir.

i mean, he definitely didn't look good to me, but that's what he said. he said because they trained cardio so much in his training camp he was surprised at how in shape he was at the beginning of the 5th. but yea, he looked battered as fuck and slow

He looked demoralized. Still trying to win but demoralized.

I think he is being honest. Just he is struggling between the truth and how he feels about it.

I have no doubt he thinks he can beat max and that he will be able to do it next time. Guys a competitor. More often than not guys at this level are just gonna chalk it up to making adjustments and bad luck. I'm ok w that.

Max made it look easy in there sir, and even if he didn't break his nose he was getting tuned up.

Know what Max said when he lost to Dustin?
Neither do I but I know he didn't make excuses sir.
I don't care if people make excuses. What is an excuse?

Someone sticking a mic on your face after having your head bashed in for 5 rds:
So what happened??

Me: well I...

Sherdog: EXCUSES!!!!!

If all a loser can ever say is I lost to the better man there's no point in interviewing them if they gonna say the same stock uniform fan pandering bullshit every time.

I don't care if people make excuses. What is an excuse?

Someone sticking a mic on your face after having your head bashed in for 5 rds:
So what happened??

Me: well I...

Sherdog: EXCUSES!!!!!

If all a loser can ever say is I lost to the better man there's no point in interviewing them if they gonna say the same stock uniform fan pandering bullshit every time.

An excuse is something that didn't happen that you say to make your little feelz feel better.
It means nothing and makes the person sound like an idiot sir.

Wow, I had not heard this.

That's crazy.

So instead he went with 'I simply got pieced the fuck up'

I would have sooner said 'That nose break fucked my fight up' lollololol

Gaethje also said he was surprised at how patient Max was and that he thought he'd be able to pull him into more of a fight. he was also surprised at how fast Max was able to close distance and his overall speed. he also said he got buzzed by an uppercut in the 1st rd. what's funny is that his coaches didn't even know he got spinning kicked because they were busy getting the corner stuff ready, they had to ask Gaethje what happened lol.

he says most of this stuff in the 1st 5 minutes but i timestamped the part where he says the nose didn't affect him.

An excuse is something that didn't happen that you say to make your little feelz feel better.
It means nothing and makes the person sound like an idiot sir.
No it doesn't. It just makes them human.

This is an extreme thing these people have to do.

Justin wants to be the best...and it's going to take a lot to be able to do that now. He's got to have to win 2 or 3 fights to be able to do that.

This is after losing in 2 other tries at it

So he's got to put himself in the mindframe to do that. Ain't nobody got time for the "back to the drawing board" bullshit at this point in his career.

Me too.

The Liver King comment got me laughing lololol. At the height of his fame I had two separate groups of friends (normally intelligent guys) trying to sell me on his BS.. to which I replied 'That guy is pumped so full of fucking steroids and PEDs it's not funny', then a week or two later his emails got exposed. lololol

I am glad it was before they started eating camel's cum or whatever it was he was pretending gave him his gains.

The last line I fully agree with - the 'that night' is important.

I guess it needs to be explained to know if it makes sense. It's essence seemed like 'I underestimated him' - which to me would make sense, and be a reasonable thing to say, and not detract from Max.

It also seemed like something a coach or sports psychologist might have said to him.

In terms of PR - I totally agree, don't bother with excuses to the media - just congratulate Max and say 'I'll be back!'. But also.... How / why he lost should matter to him, privately, but rather than blaming 'mystical bullshit' it would be better to be honest with himself, about his prep, about what Max did, and to break down the entire fight and go to work on improving it.

The first time I seen Liver King I knew he was in gear...how could you not lol

Gaethje also said he was surprised at how patient Max was and that he thought he'd be able to pull him into more of a fight. he was also surprised at how fast Max was able to close distance and his overall speed. he also said he got buzzed by an uppercut in the 1st rd. what's funny is that his coaches didn't even know he got spinning kicked because they were busy getting the corner stuff ready, they had to ask Gaethje what happened lol.

he says most of this stuff in the 1st 5 minutes but i timestamped the part where he says the nose didn't affect him.

Thanks for sharing.

No it doesn't. It just makes them human.

This is an extreme thing these people have to do.

Justin wants to be the best...and it's going to take a lot to be able to do that now. He's got to have to win 2 or 3 fights to be able to do that.

This is after losing in 2 other tries at it

So he's got to put himself in the mindframe to do that. Ain't nobody got time for the "back to the drawing board" bullshit at this point in his career.

Nah, its horse shit, and he shouldn't have to make excuses "at this point in his career".

Back