Does UFC Have the Top Fighter in Each Weight Class?

Saying there's a fighter from an outside promotion who could beat the UFC champion, isn't enough to say that outside promotion has the best fighter.. There could be other fighters on the UFC roster also likely to beat the current UFC champions.

Almost certainly not if for no other reason than MMA is wildly hard to predict and fighters outside of the UFC are perennially under rated by virtue of not fighting in the UFC.

I would disagree with a couple of the OP's picks though. I'd actually pick Ngannou over Jones. I think 170, 135 & 185 are tough calls that would probably go 2-1 in either direction.

The best 145er outside of the UFC is Islam Omarov, not anyone in PFLlator but I couldn't pick him over Topuria because of how good Topuria been over slightly better opposition. I wouldn't be massively surprised (like I'm assuming most would be) if Omarov pulled it off though. Omarov is Khabib 2.0 and fights more like Khabib did than the other Islam. If you haven't watched him fight you're doing yourself a disservice.

I just want to ask, are we all in agreement that it's PFLator rather than PFLlator? We've really got to come to a conclusion as a forum, lol.

Nemkov the obvious one, probably still Mighty Mouse, though he's a bit older of course. I don't know heaps about the orgs in other countries though.

Nemkov is the best LHW on the planet. He beat the shit out of Jiri for 10 straight minutes but 10 minute round can gas you out if you don't ration your energy and that's exactly what happened.
Haha. Thank you for good laugh. Jiri knocked him down and even had submission attempts on Nemkov and simply broke Nemkov apart... Thats also why Bellator first tried to sign Jiri for title shot vs Bader...but Jiri rejected them.

I also recommend watch walkouts after fight... Jiri was alright. Nemkov seemed like he just experienced near death experience...<lol>

Who would be the betting favorite in cross-promotional bout between top fighters in each weight class?

BW: Mix would be favored to beat O'Malley. (1 point for PFLlator)

FW: Unclear if Topuria would be favored over Khizriev or Loughnane or Braga.

LW: I'm guessing Makhacev would be the favorite over Usman Nurmagomedov, though the skill gap is probably minimal. (1 point for UFC)

WW: I think Edwards would be the underdog against Umalatov or Musaev. (1 point for PFLlator)

MW: Eblen vs du Plessis...unsure who would be favored.

LHW: I think Nemkov would be the clear favorite over Pereira. (1 point for PFLlator)

HW: Ngannou v Jones...I'll guess Jones would be the favorite but not sure. (1 point for UFC)

That's 3-2 for PFllator.

Your thoughts?

Saudi money has transformed combat sports.

Topuria is better than all their FWs by a mile.

DDP beats Eblen.

Edwards probably beats Umalatov.

Mix wouldn't beat Suga.

Haha. Thank you for good laugh. Jiri knocked him down and even had submission attempts on Nemkov and simply broke Nemkov apart... Thats also why Bellator first tried to sign Jiri for title shot vs Bader...but Jiri rejected them.

I also recommend watch walkouts after fight... Jiri was alright. Nemkov seemed like he just experienced near death experience...<lol>

Yes Nemkov got tired from beating the shit out of Jiri for 10 minutes. He literally dominated like 9 minutes of that first round and gassed. It happens. He still completely out classed Jiri.

BW: Mix would be favored to beat O'Malley. (1 point for PFLlator)

O'Malley would definitely be favored to beat Mix, theres absolutely no doubt about it, but that does not mean he would win or that it would not be competitive.

FW: Unclear if Topuria would be favored over Khizriev or Loughnane or Braga.

Topuria would be a massive favorite against all three (over -400).

WW: I think Edwards would be the underdog against Umalatov or Musaev. (1 point for PFLlator)

Edwards would be a heavy favorite over both of them (over -300).

MW: Eblen vs du Plessis...unsure who would be favored.

Dricus would be a massive favorite over Eblen (over -400).

Super Heavyweight:
Ronny Markes from KOTC beats Vacant from UFC

You got the wrong fighters for best outside the UFC in some classes Sherbro.

Best Lightweight outside the UFC is Eduard Vartanyan.

Best Featherweight is either Islam Omarov or Losene Keita, maybe Salahdine Parnasse if he goes back there.

Best Welterweight is most likely Albert Tumenov.

They would all lose, except Mighty Mouse.

Have the other promotions subjected their fighters to USADA PED testing for the last 8 yrs? Give the UFC another 18 months under this new testing and then compare.

Thx for posting vid

Even after fight, from moment bell rang he looked fucked, flopping around like a salmon 👍

Corey lost to the corpse of Shogun and got KTFO by Jan. He's not beating Pereira.

That was a fluke. He dominated Jan in their first fight closer to Jans prime and when Corey was still green.

Nemkov is not beating Alex, no way.

Alex would just pick him apart on the feet.

Whatever you do in life ts.

Do not bet on fights. Its just not for you. Yes some of those might win. And yes Nemkov would be slight favorite over Perreira. Leon Edwards would not be underdog vs either of the names you listed.
Topuria would be -400 vs Loughrain

Back