Does Whitaker beat DDP in a rematch?

Its really hard to say. Seeing how DDP scraped past Sean in a close battle and seeing Rob be able to be dominant against Costa in the first up until that last second head kick landed is hard to decipher. Rob took that head kick and still came back to take the next 2 rounds clearly. Were it not for that kick its a 30-27 easy for Rob and maybe he gets the finish?

Put Rob in against Strickland and I think he does a much better job against him then DDP. I would love to see DDP against Costa to see how he fares as they both seem similar. It will also be interesting to see how DDP fares against Izzy. I hope Izzy was just mind fucked at the time of the Strickland fight DDP faces an Izzy at the same level that Rob faced.

I haven't rewatched DDP vs Rob but I was impressed with DDP and frankly shocked he had the skill.

He just outmuscled Rob and made it scrappy. I didnt see anything from Rob in his last fight to make me think it'd be any different but Its been a while since I watched it

Does Whittaker's performance against costa tell us anymore about where he's at, and how he might go against DDP in a rematch?

I personally feel like he's at a point where he could show up and look terrible against whoever he fights next, or he could look great.

Haven't really seen much discussed about whether or not the win over costa has restored his stock, other than to say it was a good fight, which he won convincingly.

He barely got by Costa who barely got by an out-of-shape Rockhold.

I think the top 5 are on the same level pretty much.

We're definitely well-past the dominant Anderson Silva era.

Even during Izzy's long reign he was barely squeezing by Romero, Gastelum, Whittaker II.

I don't think there's a clear champion in the division. Everyone in the top 5 is having razor-thin fights against each other when they're not getting early knock outs.

Is Khamzat fighting in Either of those classes?

Let him put up or shut up. This IS NOT Twitter.​
Not 165 of course. He was 178.5 lbs for his fight vs Holland (scrapped Diaz fight) and has made 170 on several occasions. I think 175 is doable but who knows, maybe he will have trouble making weight even at 185? I do agree he needs to fight more and tweet less.

DDP isn’t scared of Whits point fighting routine. He has no respect for any of his offense

He’d easily steamroll him again.

Back