If Leon moved to 185 who would he beat out of DDP, Strickland, Izzy, Poatan Whitaker?

I like Leon but he's too small for 185. He would have decent length but his frame is too narrow, and he doesn't have the body type for packing on muscle. He would be even more pillowfisted against bigger durable guys. Vettori, DDP and Costa would walk through his punches. Not saying he couldn't beat any of them on a good day but he would struggle to break into top 5 imo.

Leon got rocked by nate diaz, which one of these guys are slower or can't hit harder than Diaz?

He wouldnt beat any of them.

Leon should focus on 170. He climbed a ladder of former lightweights to get to the belt, then fought past prime Usman and Colby.

Alex, easily, because he will never make 185 again

I like Leon but he's too small for 185. He would have decent length but his frame is too narrow, and he doesn't have the body type for packing on muscle. He would be even more pillowfisted against bigger durable guys. Vettori, DDP and Costa would walk through his punches. Not saying he couldn't beat any of them on a good day but he would struggle to break into top 5 imo.

Come on, I'm Italian and even I can see Leon can beat Vettori with his eyes closed. Horrible matchup for him.

Man DDP cant get any love. I swear ive never read a prediction that favored DDP. Even on Sherdogs own previews. Aaand he keeps winning in
1. more dominant fashion or
2. higher stakes fights.

And now he's got no chance against a dominant but thoroughly boring and non offensive threat in Edwards?

What a retarded thread. Leon isn’t dominating guys at 170, he would get murdered by most elite MW’s. Guys like DDP, Costa or Vettori would just walk him down and beat him up like school bullies. He might have a chance edging a decision against Izzy, Sean and Whittaker, although I wouldn’t favour him in any of those matchups. Khamzat wrestlefuck’s him all day. Leon beats guys like Imavov, Dolidze and Hermansson though

I don't think the guy who was on the brink of being knocked out by careless Nathan Diaz, got anything for an afrikaner stud who smashed sherbros favorite Bobby before taking the belt from the little bride of 'Muuuuurrrica

Leon would literally be a dollar store version of Izzy at MW. What does he have that's gonna deter bigger guys from walking him down? He doesn't have slick pull counters or big KO power, and these guys hit a lot harder than WW's.

It's not his weight class, he should stay at WW.

I'd favour him over DDP and Strickland by a cunt hair. Izzy is hard to gauge now after that loss, but on form he would beat Leon easily. Alex almost guaranteed takes his head off at some point.

Back