DDP v Strickland - Who you got & Why?

If Sean walks out like this.... thoughts?
tumblr_mdvfoseG9y1ry1rm7o1_400.gifv
I’d chant YES! The entire way as he made the walk

Strickland's win over Izzy was more of an Izzy failure than Strickland suddenly becoming champ with multiple title defenses. I think with DDP's improved cardio after nasal surgery and his aggressiveness, he KO's Strickland in the middle rounds.

I have DDP, by muscles and a seemingly unshakable iron will.

But it will be a fun fight as long as it lasts

DDP has that caveman style going for him, but Strickland will edumacate him in the sweet science by jabbing his cheek bones off.

I got ddp by finish ... And if that happens aticklands career is pretty much over. He will never fight in a meaningful fight again if he gets finished.

DDP because he is the more all rounded fighter with KO power.

I just have a feeling deep in my loins that DDP is going to smash Strickland. I'm going with DDP by tko in the 2nd.

I have Dricus looks to have more power, looks to have the better fight IQ, seems to be much more unconventional in style. Sean despite the immense pressure he puts on and sound boxing he's very predictible in his method of attack. I don't see Dricus gassing out and I don't see Sean surviving the DDP for a full 5rds, DDP in 3rds.

DDP, I think DDP's power and strength will once again be the big difference.

DDP. Looks to me like a better version of Sean, with a few more dimensions to his game.

Hoping for a dogfight war that ends late and makes the Just Bleed God proud.

DDP by 4th round sub.

Beter "version???" WTF? They fight nothing alike. Besides their height, nothing else about them is similar.

Sean's super technical, DDP is rather sloppy and unconventional.
DDP has very good power, Sean hits like a girl
DDP has suspect cardio, Sean has cardio to go 20 rounds
DDP is a jack of all trades master of none, Sean is a master boxer that does little else

Beter "version???" WTF? They fight nothing alike. Besides their height, nothing else about them is similar.

Sean's super technical, DDP is rather sloppy and unconventional.
DDP has very good power, Sean hits like a girl
DDP has suspect cardio, Sean has cardio to go 20 rounds
DDP is a jack of all trades master of none, Sean is a master boxer that does little else
LOL super technical. I meant more in their forward pressure and relentlessness. Both are sloppy as fuck. And there won't be much technical anything going on. Except the RNC DDP puts him to sleep with in the 4th!

DDP by mental fortitude!

"Sad" Sean Strickland will crumble!

Honestly, I feel the fight is damn close and the first round will (imo) be the most telling. Though DDP is weird in the 1st frequently.

I've become rather excited to see this unfold. Not at all interested in the banter and bitching tho. I will admit finding some humor in moments...

<Fedor23>

LOL super technical. I meant more in their forward pressure and relentlessness. Both are sloppy as fuck. And there won't be much technical anything going on. Except the RNC DDP puts him to sleep with in the 4th!

Uh, if you don't recognize how technical Sean's striking is I can't help you. Dude is the James Toney of MMA.

I'm probably leaning DDP because he's shorter, and I like to see how shorter boxers do work.

Damn.

If betting lines are as lopsided as Sherdog - Imma have to drop coin on Strickland for payday

Sean is a one-trick pony and DPP is well-rounded, so there you have it.

I think Sean will win by decision, too accurate, and DDP is sloppy and will miss a lot, its hard enough to hit Strickland if you are very precise.

If it stays on the feet it’s Sean fight to lose, DDP fought life and death with Darren Till and and Tavares and was getting handled by 40 YO Brunson until Brunson gassed out. Only thing DDP has going for him over Sean is the power.

Sean is an incredibly clean striker and refuses to give an inch in the cage, even the Pereira fight he had Pereira moving backwards and was landing good shots. His striking defense is also insane, Izzy didn’t land one clean punch on him to the head and Izzy is an incredibly accurate striker.

Back