News Dog Behavior and the Kristi Noem execution of her dog

I'm surprised she would tell this story. Some of the most died in red Republicans I know are huge dog lovers - I hope she experiences a total career wipeout.

What does political affiliation have to do with it?

Murdering an animal out of sheer laziness is not a welcome stance on either side of any aisle I am aware of, regardless of the massive effort of propaganda to dehumanizing the opposing party.

Killing a dog because you failed to train it is fucked up no matter if you are blue, red, black, white or purple with polka dots.

I don't really think it's that big of a deal.

It's pretty old fashioned, but in a farming community animals are animals. Their lives aren't precious.

And also in a farming community, you take responsibility. If your dog kills your neighbor's chickens then you have to fix the problem. The neighbor probably wanted the dog shot as well.

Did she fuck up by adopting that breed and not training it? Yes. But at least she didn't let it continue terrorizing neighbors like so many assholes do in cities.

So yeah, she's not my favorite person, but I think it's laughable that the media is desperately trying to make her out to be the next Hitler over it.

This.

Anyone who has spent some time in a country setting wont see this as a big deal.

I live in a farming community, and I don't know anyone around here who would agree with that unless you're talking about cattle. Their lives aren't treated as precious, but dogs absolutely are.

No one gets a dog purely for what it brings to their farm. Even the deer hunters who have whole kennels of them and don't treat them like pets still get attached, but they're a lot different to farmers and why they get dogs.

She still shouldn't have put the dog down. If the neighbor wanted the dog put down, then that's fair enough, but if not then there's plenty of options to deal with trouble dogs. Even if they can't be rehabilitated, containment is always an option, which should be done regardless.

I'll admit, my family don't contain our dogs. Ours are free to just roam onto our nearby neighbors properties, but no one around here cares.

Just automatically giving up on addressing the issues with the dog and putting it down shows this woman is just a dumb lazy cunt that both has no clue what she's doing and doesn't want to put in the effort. The dog shouldn't have to die for her shortcomings.

I obviously don't know the extent of the situation, maybe there's some manner of warrant to the action (not that I'd condone it, but I'm too much of a softie when it comes to animals), but it's just dumb to publish that, you have to know how a lot of people will react.

I live in a farming community, and I don't know anyone around here who would agree with that unless you're talking about cattle. Their lives aren't treated as precious, but dogs absolutely are.

No one gets a dog purely for what it brings to their farm. Even the deer hunters who have whole kennels of them and don't treat them like pets still get attached, but they're a lot different to farmers and why they get dogs.

She still shouldn't have put the dog down. If the neighbor wanted the dog put down, then that's fair enough, but if not then there's plenty of options to deal with trouble dogs. Even if they can't be rehabilitated, containment is always an option, which should be done regardless.

I'll admit, my family don't contain our dogs. Ours are free to just roam onto our nearby neighbors properties, but no one around here cares.

Just automatically giving up on addressing the issues with the dog and putting it down shows this woman is just a dumb lazy cunt that both has no clue what she's doing and doesn't want to put in the effort. The dog shouldn't have to die for her shortcomings.

My dad grew up on the family farm that is 1/8 down the road from my parents house. I know farmers and I know animals, she’s a piece of shit. This all happened because she’s a lazy pet owner, the dog isn’t going to learn to hunt from going out one fucking time.

This is what I'm fucking saying.

She made no effort. Adopted and shot the dog within a month?

She brought an untrained dog that she hadn't trained herself on a hunt, it behaved like an untrained dog. She brings it offleash around free range chickens (the same fucking day? her story sounds that way), it does bird dog things.

This doesn't give me the sense that she can "make the hard decisions" which was her stated moral of the story. It tells me she'll make zero fucking effort to solve any problem other than the most ignorant cruel shit her peabrain can summon.

This is what I'm fucking saying.

She made no effort. Adopted and shot the dog within a month?

She brought an untrained dog that she hadn't trained herself on a hunt, it behaved like an untrained dog. She brings it offleash around free range chickens (the same fucking day? her story sounds that way), it does bird dog things.

This doesn't give me the sense that she can "make the hard decisions" which was her stated moral of the story. It tells me she'll make zero fucking effort to solve any problem other than the most ignorant cruel shit her peabrain can summon.

Yep. She took the easiest, most cost effective method she could simply because she didn't want to deal with it because she's a lazy cunt.

Oh, she’s the dumb bitch who thought her state (South Dakota) is a border state, isn’t she?

Oh, god, she is fucking dumb. Just really, really fucking dumb. And a dumb bitch.

You're just a dumb fat city person. You don't know jack shit about farm life, but think that your opinion is somehow right.

You're the ignorant one you dumbass.

This is the most pervasive and common response I hear, and it's extremely annoying. I don't know where people keep getting this idea that the divide on this issue falls along "You're either in the country or you're in the city, and I can tell by where you stand on the Kristi Noem execution of her dog issue."

I've never lived in the city, never had a desire to, and I grew up in the country. I fully embrace the idea that life is hard, and sometimes hard decisions have to be made. This is not a foreign or unwelcome concept to me.

However, NONE of that belongs in this conversation. This conversation comes down to whether or not Noem knew what she was doing, was a trustworthy and informed source of information, and whether the dog could have been trained or rehomed. That's it. Growing up in the city or country has zero bearing on being able to evaluate these things.

That faulty line of reasoning is all over comment sections on YouTube and Twitter as well, and I almost feel like people are just repeating what they heard other people say who are on their side of this issue. Well, I will tell you what... plenty of farmers and countryfolk have come out against Kristi Noem as well, stating that this is not how they would handle the situation. In fact, there are videos on YouTube right now of farmers who have a young dog who has preyed on their small livestock, and rather than kill it they began working to train the dog better. And if they fail, they still didn't intend to kill the dog and stated their goal then would be to find an appropriate home for the dog.

Noem is in the wrong imo, but then again I’ve known so many farmers over the years that have much different views when it comes to animals than people who don’t farm or grow up on a farm.

He seems rather proud of it too.
This is the most pervasive and common response I hear, and it's extremely annoying. I don't know where people keep getting this idea that the divide on this issue falls along "You're either in the country or you're in the city, and I can tell by where you stand on the Kristi Noem execution of her dog issue."

I've never lived in the city, never had a desire to, and I grew up in the country. I fully embrace the idea that life is hard, and sometimes hard decisions have to be made. This is not a foreign or unwelcome concept to me.

However, NONE of that belongs in this conversation. This conversation comes down to whether or not Noem knew what she was doing, was a trustworthy and informed source of information, and whether the dog could have been trained or rehomed. That's it. Growing up in the city or country has zero bearing on being able to evaluate these things.

That faulty line of reasoning is all over comment sections on YouTube and Twitter as well, and I almost feel like people are just repeating what they heard other people say who are on their side of this issue. Well, I will tell you what... plenty of farmers and countryfolk have come out against Kristi Noem as well, stating that this is not how they would handle the situation. In fact, there are videos on YouTube right now of farmers who have a young dog who has preyed on their small livestock, and rather than kill it they began working to train the dog better. And if they fail, they still didn't intend to kill the dog and stated their goal then would be to find an appropriate home for the dog.

The dog showed aggression towards people. It killed livestock. It was a liability. It was put down. Had Kristi not adopted it, it most likely would've been put down at the animal shelter. At least the dog got the chance to get out there and do a bunch of fun stuff.

She sounds like an idiot and a sociopath, should go along way in politics.

The dog killed livestock and tried to nip at Kristi. A high energy working dog that is aggressive can be downright dangerous.

Sure one could spend countless hours nd money trying to train a 14 month old dog with horrible disposition. But the damage was already done. This dog proved to be a liability. There are plenty of dogs at the pound that are euthanized every day that deserve a home too. Do you have any tears for them?

There is no evidence that the dog was aggressive.

I've put a lot of time into the dog training and dog behavior world. One thing that is absolutely true is that the overwhelming majority of people do not understand what an "aggressive dog" is. It's FAR more common than not that a person will bring their dog to a expert claiming their dog is aggressive, and the expert will evaluate the dog and inform the owner that the dog isn't aggressive at all. It sometimes is that the dog has a high level of anxiety, and dogs can lash out if they're in an extreme state of anxiety. Same with fear. A dog my lash out because it's scared, and that doesn't mean the dog is aggressive, it means you find out what is making the dog scared and you train/condition the dog and the owner to control for this and eliminate the fear. Once the dog is no longer fearful, the dog doesn't lash out AT ALL.

The same goes for an overprotective dog. A dog that is overprotective may bite, but that is because the dog feels that the target is a threat to it, it's territory, or it's owner. This doesn't mean the dog is an aggressive dog, it means the dog doesn't understand how to properly identify a threat so as to not target a non-threat. However, this is something that you can train. You absolutely can - through proper training - get that dog to become much much better at identifying what is a threat and what isn't, and when you accomplish this you see that the dog isn't really a danger, it needed knowledge. This is my dog, 100%. I have a very large and dominant/alpha American Akita. His instincts very early on was to treat strangers as a threat. I worked with his socialization, with his boundaries, with his state of mind... and now he is FAR more accepting of people he doesn't know. He still is wary of certain things, things he doesn't understand. Such as mental disabilities in people. He doesn't understand them, and when people with mental disabilities fall within his sight, it unnerves him because their behavior is unusual to him and it raises his alertness. It's harder to condition him on that because it's not easy to find someone like that to work with to condition my dog for it.

The point is...dogs aren't mindless robots. They do things FOR A REASON. Once you understand a bit about dog psychology you come to understand that most dogs aren't the problem. The problem is far more often *US* for not being able to help them be calm and submissive and overcome what may concern them and cause them to act in a way that is inappropriate. There are VERY VERY VERY VERY few dogs that are truly aggressive. Most dogs that are called aggressive are just dogs that aren't being helped by their humans because their humans don't understand them. This isn't my opinion, this is the reality of the situation.

Back to Cricket and Kristi Noem. You're not going to convince me that Kristi Noem knew how to identify an aggressive dog. She already expressed that she hated the dog. She already expressed that she resented the dog. She already let us know how much the dog embarrassed her. Her story showed just how much she did not have any control over the dog. She was clueless about the dog's behavior. That's not even a question. She lacked the skill and the know-how. She then determined on her own (with clear ignorance) that her dog was "aggressive" and she killed it. However, in her story I did not see any sign of true aggression towards humans.

Last edited:

Thank you. It is annoying how often that lie is repeated.

The dog showed aggression towards people. It killed livestock. It was a liability. It was put down. Had Kristi not adopted it, it most likely would've been put down at the animal shelter. At least the dog got the chance to get out there and do a bunch of fun stuff.

What aggression? You think a dog nipping at someone who is grabbing at it while it is in the middle of "having the time of it's life" killing chickens (a bird hunting dog) and in a state of extreme "excitement" means it is an aggressive dog?

Describe the situations that you are using to determine the dog was aggressive.

I grew up running around on farms and new a lot of farmers. Yes, farms treat animals different. But they generally treat dogs differently than other animals. Yes, I have seen dogs put down on the farm but usually it's due to health, not behavior. I have seen dogs that did get put down due to being overly aggressive towards humans and repeatedly killing farm animals. It's not common that it happens but it happens. The issue is that farm dogs are raised on farms around animals and know they shouldn't attack the other animals so it doesn't happen very often and when it does it's usually an unusually aggressive dog that does it or maybe a cow/horse steps on the dog by accident. However, this lady brought a hunting dog, bred to chase birds to a farm and let them get out of the truck. There was probably nothing wrong with this dog , it did what it was bred to do and was obviously not trained. I think you have to consider what the dogs are bred to do, farm dogs are usually mutts just to have around as pets and maybe in some cases for security. Farm dogs are conditioned to be protective of humans and animals, where as a hunting dog is breed to hunt animals.

Now if my farm dog ran over to another farm and attacked the animals I might be in a position where i had to make a decision on what to do as this is very out of character for that dog. But bringing a dog bred to hunt, to a place full of things it's bred to hunt is on the owner.

I love how you're just repeating the same bullshit after already being called out on it. The dog did not show aggression toward people. It killed livestock by acting like a breed with a high prey drive does when allowed around small animals without training. That's entirely on the reckless and foolish behavior of the owner. It did not need to be killed, it needed a more capable and responsible owner. At least one with the common sense to neuter their animals.

There are so many videos out there like the one I am sharing below. Using this video, you can see a dog that is out of control and that turned and bit her owner in the FACE while trying to get at another dog. Watch this. Just the first 15 minutes validates so much of what I've been saying.

Cesar Millan evaluates the dog and quickly determines the dog is not an aggressive dog. She's insecure, weak, fearful, and she lashes out at dogs because of this state of mind. Her owners are also fearful of their dog's behavior and try to avoid other dogs. All of this signals to the dog that it's her job to protect her humans and herself from "all that danger out there". That danger doesn't actually exist, but the human's behavior is telling their dog that the danger is there. Their dog is insecure already, so it overreacts to this perceived threat.

It's a good video to demonstrate how people do not understand their own dogs, do not understand dog psychology, and that humans often either create or exacerbate the issue. Don't give me any BS about it "being a show". Yes, it is a show, but you don't script the dog's psychology. These are real issues handled by someone who does know how to solve them.

Last edited:
I love how you're just repeating the same bullshit after already being called out on it. The dog did not show aggression toward people. It killed livestock by acting like a breed with a high prey drive does when allowed around small animals without training. That's entirely on the reckless and foolish behavior of the owner. It did not need to be killed, it needed a more capable and responsible owner. At least one with the common sense to neuter their animals.

She adopted the dog at 14 months clown.

Kristi said the dog nipped at her when she attempted to stop him from killing the neighbors livestock. That's called aggression.

Back