Media Dricus: I think Jiri should go down to MW. I saw his weight in the PI and he walks around lighter than I do

Yes, we know Khamzat destroys HWs in sparring but goes life and death in real fights with blown up LWs
Just a thought, but it might have something to do with not being diminished and cutting all the weight making 170. Burns is a decent sized WW, and Khamzat chose not to use wresting.

Would love to see him fight Jiri.

Didn't Khamzat manhandle Jiri in training or something? Broke his rib too iirc.

Wouldn't mind seeing that matchup.
Nah, it wasn't an actual break. He injured Jiri while sparring though, so Jiri hates his guts after that lol.

It sucks that a stupid thing like that ruined what could have been, I think he felt some kind of shame in taking damage from a nobody (at the time) welterweight.

Now Chimaev has proven to be the real deal since then, but the mental harm was already done so they'll never train together unfortunately.

Depends when he saw him at the Pi though, context is everything. If he saw him a week or few days before UFC 300 then he obviously would be quite light and not too far off 205. IF he saw him when he was not booked for any fights then that would be interesting

Jiri needs that energy to succeed, a weight drained MW Jiri doesn't survive all those extremely clean punches he ate. The leg kicks will add up much quicker on a dehydrated body. And he'll lose any speed advantages he has against LHWs.

Didn't Khamzat manhandle Jiri in training or something? Broke his rib too iirc.

Wouldn't mind seeing that grudge matchup.
<lol><lol><lol>

Jiri seriously should sometime put aside all that no trashtalkm,etc. and straight up call Khamzat and other clowns like Rakič for their bs.
-
Jiri was simply going to light spar some unknown WW guy which he never seen before. The problem is that it was clown Khamzat which went all in and at the start of sparring caught Jiri with full power side kick. Cracked Jiri's Rib...but Khamzat forgot to tell world what happened afterwards..

BTW I heard more than 1 fighter saying that Khamzat go all in in sparrings, trying to hurt/ridicule opponent which is expecting light sparring. Then when guy starts answering with power shots and etc... Khamzat simply asks to slow down.

Also Jiri called out Khamzat for fight atleast two times... - When Khamzat was talking about move to LHW. Jiri was the one which wanted to "welcome" Khamzat in LHW...Khamzat declined. Then Jiri said that he will fight and beat Khamzat anywhere.... -Khamzat will never accept this fight, never...

Last edited:
I'm just waiting for someone to die with all this extreme weight cutting. Not that I want that to happen, but when it does happen they should introduce rules to put caps on in-cage weight. You shouldn't be allowed to walk into the Octagon more than 15 pounds above your weight class limit. Weight cutting is intended so that fighters who are 5-10 pounds over their target weight can still compete without cancelling fights. It wasn't intended for fighters to be cutting 25-30 pounds to gain the maximum possible advantage.

People used to say GSP was a weight bully at 170 when he'd cut ~20 pounds. Little did we know what was coming.

Back