Media Dricus: I think Jiri should go down to MW. I saw his weight in the PI and he walks around lighter than I do

Dricus trying to make it out like its Jiri with the issue here when its him who carries too much mass for his frame and should either trim down or move up. Jiri is the bigger guy even if Dricus walks around heavier. 6'4/80" reach > 6'0/76" reach.

If Max Holloway can put on some good quality weight to be a legit LW i have no idea why Jiri can't put on some to stay at his current weightclass. Jiri's like 6'4" and not scrawny at all, putting on weight for him would be easy compared to lighter guys like Holloway.

holloway is literally one of the people "abusing" the system the most

Just a thought, but it might have something to do with not being diminished and cutting all the weight making 170. Burns is a decent sized WW, and Khamzat chose not to use wresting.

Would love to see him fight Jiri.

So why did he lose 2 rounds against 10 minutes notice Usman at 185?

Idk why you would think that he is lying amidst a lowkey friendly discussion without any incentive to do so whatsoever.

On the main page there's an article that quotes that Jiri's usual cut to LHW lies within 10-12 pounds.
So his walkaround would be 215-217 lbs.
The bigger MWs like Costa and Vettori have been documented to weigh between 210-215 on fight night. And they most certainly aren't able to regain the whole weight cut in what is 36 hours at max.

Not unthinkable that Dricus walks around heavier than 217lbs when he's not in fight camp. Costa and Vettori almost certainly do.
Not unthinkable that Jiri would be able to cut to MW, since Costa and Vettori are able to do so and almost certainly walk around heavier than him.

Dont you understand the difference between being lean or bulked up at 220lbs? Because thats the thing here

Just a thought, but it might have something to do with not being diminished and cutting all the weight making 170. Burns is a decent sized WW, and Khamzat chose not to use wresting.

Would love to see him fight Jiri.
Chose
<{ohyeah}>

Idk why you would think that he is lying amidst a lowkey friendly discussion without any incentive to do so whatsoever.

On the main page there's an article that quotes that Jiri's usual cut to LHW lies within 10-12 pounds.
So his walkaround would be 215-217 lbs.
The bigger MWs like Costa and Vettori have been documented to weigh between 210-215 on fight night. And they most certainly aren't able to regain the whole weight cut in what is 36 hours at max.

Not unthinkable that Dricus walks around heavier than 217lbs when he's not in fight camp. Costa and Vettori almost certainly do.
Not unthinkable that Jiri would be able to cut to MW, since Costa and Vettori are able to do so and almost certainly walk around heavier than him.
*shrugs* I didn't hear the conversation or know its context man

I figured he was saying it because he thought he saw some benefit for himself (stylistically maybe?) but like I said, I didn't even hear him talk so I was guessing

Do you have a source on Jiri walking at 215 by the way? First page changed since you posted probably because the only Jiri story I see on there now doesn't seem to mention his weight specifically.

Hill can cut to MW with the amount of extra weight he carries but Jiri fuck no

Crazy how weight cutting has evolved, Jiri would've been a bigger HW than most in pride days.
He has fought at HW/Openweight before and he weighed in surprisingly low. Like 211. He probably could hit 185, but that doesn't mean he should do it or it will help his performance. He's doing fine at 205, after all.

I figured he was saying it because he thought he saw some benefit for himself (stylistically maybe?) but like I said, I didn't even hear him talk so I was guessing

Do you have a source on Jiri walking at 215 by the way? First page changed since you posted probably because the only Jiri story I see on there now doesn't seem to mention his weight specifically.
Its actually truth. Jiri used to walk around with 220-230 lbs +- 9 years ago. The problem was that he was too muscular which cost him cardio. So he simply lost extra muscle and reduced weight...

Old version of Jiri -

I'm just waiting for someone to die with all this extreme weight cutting. Not that I want that to happen, but when it does happen they should introduce rules to put caps on in-cage weight. You shouldn't be allowed to walk into the Octagon more than 15 pounds above your weight class limit. Weight cutting is intended so that fighters who are 5-10 pounds over their target weight can still compete without cancelling fights. It wasn't intended for fighters to be cutting 25-30 pounds to gain the maximum possible advantage.

People used to say GSP was a weight bully at 170 when he'd cut ~20 pounds. Little did we know what was coming.

Cut to the picture of Geroges begging for his title shot in a beanie cap at UFC 56 looking like a cartoon superhero character. No need to even post it, everyone reading this can picture it lmao

GSP was absurdly lean and jacked on his way up. He looked (and was) much physically bigger than a lot of the guys he was fighting. He also was a consummate professional and one of the first to implement real sport science into his career. His body composition and weight cut we're all optimized by knowledgeable professionals.

Gym bro weight cuts are a thing of the past, everyone has access to the same level of information Geroges did, so we are seeing everyone get bigger for their division.

Some folks in here likely do not know Driccus fought at welterweight before moving up to 185lbs.

He's not a particularly "big" middleweight, he's just heavily muscled. Driccus could easily drop 5-7lbs of body mass and have a less aggressive water cut fight week. Its really a personal choice.

Jiri is too big for middleweight. You can argue he should put on some more muscle mass to really optimize power, but then he'll have a bigger water cut. This stuff boils down to style and personal preference.

Its actually truth. Jiri used to walk around with 220-230 lbs +- 9 years ago. The problem was that he was too muscular which cost him cardio. So he simply lost extra muscle and reduced weight...

Old version of Jiri -

Thanks brother

Jiri is 6ft4, with a 80" reach & is wide too, there's no way he's too small for LHW. Its not like he's 1 of those 6ft4 guys who are skinny, far from it. Have never heard anyone say he's too small for LHW, have never seen any of Jiri's fights where he looked outsized at 205.

Jiri is pretty big I have a hard time believing that. Must of saw him when he was cutting weight or something.

I'm just waiting for someone to die with all this extreme weight cutting. Not that I want that to happen, but when it does happen they should introduce rules to put caps on in-cage weight. You shouldn't be allowed to walk into the Octagon more than 15 pounds above your weight class limit. Weight cutting is intended so that fighters who are 5-10 pounds over their target weight can still compete without cancelling fights. It wasn't intended for fighters to be cutting 25-30 pounds to gain the maximum possible advantage.

People used to say GSP was a weight bully at 170 when he'd cut ~20 pounds. Little did we know what was coming.
gsp was one of the biggest WW in his era
you can search gsp in google
youl see how big he is and still ripped asf

hes literally like the ww version of brock lesnar but ripped to the bones

Last edited:
Dricus is too short for LHW. Jiri isn’t a small LHW.

https://www.sherdog.com/news/news/J...ter-Reclaiming-Light-Heavyweight-Title-193432

Dont you understand the difference between being lean or bulked up at 220lbs? Because thats the thing here
Great. Not sure why both Jiri as well as Dricus, who has seen him and his weight in person, don't seem to get what the thing is here, but since they both believe MW would be possible for Jiri, I'm inclined to do so as well.

Back