Dropping bar from overhead during warmup sets

AtlSteel

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
This guy was doing clean and press singles and dropping the bar from the top after every singe including all the light warm ups. Did the same with cleans singles. Up to the shoulder, drop. Every fucking time. Maxed out at 185 on the C&P to give you an idea of the working range. Where do people learn this behavior?

This guy was doing clean and press singles and dropping the bar from the top after every singe including all the light warm ups. Did the same with cleans singles. Up to the shoulder, drop. Every fucking time. Maxed out at 185 on the C&P to give you an idea of the working range. Where do people learn this behavior?

Do you mean clean and jerk?

What type of amateur piece of shit would drop the bar on an Olympic lift at the completion of a rep?

Makes me think of these gym idiots here..

Crossfit has ruined this world.

You're not supposed to do the eccentric on the explosive lifts.
SharpAridIberianemeraldlizard-max-1mb.gif

Will you sound the lunk alarm if you saw this young lady dropping her barbell?

Bumper plates are built to take this. If they werent bumpers then by all means invoke your inner Karen and report him to the front desk.

You're not supposed to do the eccentric on the explosive lifts.
SharpAridIberianemeraldlizard-max-1mb.gif

Will you sound the lunk alarm if you saw this young lady dropping her barbell?

Bumper plates are built to take this. If they werent bumpers then by all means invoke your inner Karen and report him to the front desk.
You do this on your warm up sets? That's just being a complete tool.

This is one of those backfire threads when you realize you are actually the gym idiot. Shocking, all of these tools are dropping the weight on their warmups. It's almost like bumper plates were made to be dropped.

I really hope the Atl in your name isn't for Atlanta because you're making us look like a bunch of fucking idiots.

You literally just called fucking Klokov a tool for dropping his weights at a warm-up set of 50 kilos when the guy has snatched over 200 kilos.

I guess I am outnumbered, but it looks fucking ridiculous when some 200lb+ toolbar is doing singles of 95 up to 135 and dropping them from the top over and over in a commercial gym. Yes bumper plates, but still ridiculous IMO.

I guess I am outnumbered, but it looks fucking ridiculous when some 200lb+ toolbar is doing singles of 95 up to 135 and dropping them from the top over and over in a commercial gym. Yes bumper plates, but still ridiculous IMO.

When you think everyone else is an asshole, maybe it's YOU who's the asshole. Even 135lbs dropped to the waist from the rack position puts a ton of unnecessary force on your spine.

What's ridiculous is literally everyone telling you that you're wrong and pretending like you're still right

I must say I agree. Moreso with guys who are deadlifting at a relatively light percentage and keeps smashing the weights into the ground. I know that's a thing, but time and place.

Last edited:
When you think everyone else is an asshole, maybe it's YOU who's the asshole. Even 135lbs dropped to the waist from the rack position puts a ton of unnecessary force on your spine.

What's ridiculous is literally everyone telling you that you're wrong and pretending like you're still right
You might want to look up "literally".

I drop my bench warmups. Is this not normal?

comparing klokov's warm up routine to any attention whore in any commercial gym is pretty inadequately.

Why are you labelling anyone who drops their weights in a commercial gym an attention whore lol? That’s dumb.
You guys are taking ubrage like I'm criticizing someone at Westside. That's dumb.
comparing klokov's warm up routine to any attention whore in any commercial gym is pretty inadequately.
No shit.

Why are you labelling anyone who drops their weights in a commercial gym an attention whore lol? That’s dumb.
acting like a national champion for the olympic preps in some silly bog-standard commercial gym while your max press is probably not even bodyweight is dumb and annoying. if you wanna be a weightlifter than go to a weightlifting gym and if you wanna do crossfit then go there. the old time lifters had no bumpers and were pretty fine with lowering the weight.

acting like a national champion for the olympic preps in some silly bog-standard commercial gym while your max press is probably not even bodyweight is dumb and annoying. if you wanna be a weightlifter than go to a weightlifting gym and if you wanna do crossfit then go there. the old time lifters had no bumpers and were pretty fine with lowering the weight.

What a garbage post. If there’s a platform and bumper plates, the weight is perfectly fine to be dropped, regardless of what label you want to slap on the gym.

Ah, and then we have the classic “you’re not strong enough to do this.”

You followed that up with the next staple of “they were fine without (sports equipment) back then, why do people need to use it now?”

Try harder.

Last edited:
Back