Dustin Poirier is (almost) everything you want in a fighter

She was in Conor's DM's.
His teammates said she was a floosie.
Fake boobs.
He just recently had an interview where he was talking about his wife leaning over the fence talking to men and when they went to a party she was being held by other men from behind wit their hands on her stomach. He got mad at the men instead of his girl for allowing it and assaulted some dudes.
If you go back she was going to leave him right before he became big as well because she thought the potential and money wasn't there. Then he got some key wins and they became the well known couple they are now.

But Dustin has unquestionably better wins than Sherk does, and many of them.

and how is that Sean Sherk's fault? this is why i say you can't compare because you can't give Sean Sherk the chance to fight Poirer's resume and you can't give a chance to Poirer to fight Sean Sherk's resume. that's why i don't go by who they beat. he has better wins but he also has worse losses. do you only count his better wins? or are you also going to count him getting sparked by Michael Johnson? because i believe Sean Sherk would've smotherfucked Michael Johnson.

By that logic Bisping is before Romero in all time MW rankings? Even though we know he would be obliterated by him and Romero has a way better resume?

he is above Romero. Romero doesn't have that impressive of a resume. Romero has 3 good wins. Rockhold, Weidman, Lyoto. all of his other top fights are losses. Bisping has wins over Hendo, Anderson Silva, Rockhold.

he is above Romero. Romero doesn't have that impressive of a resume. Romero has 3 good wins. Rockhold, Weidman, Lyoto. all of his other top fights are losses. Bisping has wins over Hendo, Anderson Silva, Rockhold.
Wow that is such a huge stretch. You make it seem like Bisping beath Hendo and Silva at their primes... This is grandpa Hendo and post leg break Silva he beat. You really need to put context into your arguments dude.

Romero beat also Rockhold. He then beat Weidman, Jacare (some say it was a draw), Machida, Kennedy, Brunson. There's an argument for a draw against Whittaker 2..

I mean, you have to be trolling if you say Bisping beat better competition, so i'm just going to move along

Top 5 LW all time is ridiculous -- he never won the title. There are 4 LW champions alone in history with 3 title defenses, which means he'd have to be better than every UFC LW champion ever that didn't defend 3 times. How is Dustin better than Khabib, BJ, Frankie, and Benson with 3 title defenses?!

This also means he'd have to be ranked higher than Islam, who has 2 title defenses against prime Volk, who is obviously better as a W than Max Holloway or any of Dustin's wins. How is he ranked higher than islam who won the title and defended twice?

Dustin has more greater wins at LW than Islam. That's just how it is. Volk is a FW who went up a class. That's not a top 5 LW win. Islam only has Charles as a great achievement at LW

These are just facts

Last edited:
He kept on progressing from his early days at FW where he lost against great names (KZ, Cub, Conor) and won against others (Holloway).

He went up a class a collected the scalps of Gaethje, Alvarez, Holloway, Conor, Hooker, Pettis, Chandler..

In a historically deep division, he showed durability, persistence, and regularity. He's still keeping young prospects from getting near that belt.

He's a great boxer, maybe the greatest of the division, he has deceptive cardio, not that easy to take down, he's a fricking dog and he's a danger from round 1 to the end of round 5. You can never count him off and that's why i'm fine with him skipping Charles and Gaethje for another TS

Maybe top 5 LW all time, but for sure a JBG all time candidate and a fan pleaser !

Dustin is and will never be a match vs Lan Di sama!

Nope. Stop lying. Everyone on this board turned into colby when aljo won
He was the champ when he defended the belt against Yan, TJ and CCC, though it was a reign filled filled with controversy. He arguably lost 2/3 of those fights and TJ never should have sniffed the belt again.

Wow that is such a huge stretch. You make it seem like Bisping beath Hendo and Silva at their primes... This is grandpa Hendo and post leg break Silva he beat. You really need to put context into your arguments dude.

Romero beat also Rockhold. He then beat Weidman, Jacare (some say it was a draw), Machida, Kennedy, Brunson. There's an argument for a draw against Whittaker 2..

I mean, you have to be trolling if you say Bisping beat better competition, so i'm just going to move along

Romero is probably the biggest untapped potential in MMA. The guy has a near 50/50 record against top 15 ranked competition in the UFC 7-4, but was arguably losing most of those fights until he lands the KO late. It's weird because he was probably at one point the best fighter in MW, but he never fully realised that potential.

His wins against Weidman and Rockhold were both post major KOs. Brunson was early but bothTim and and Machida were coming into the twilights of their careers. He probably fought one of the best versions of Jacare though. He didn't beat Whittaker in either fight, people just forget that WHittaker permanently changed his face with a headkick and he still has droopy face and nerve damage from it because he didn't do the baby giraffe like WHittaker does.

BIsping has the better overall wins, but ROmero has more of them via fights he was getting outpointed in and then scored huge KO's. Bispings KO of Prime Rockhold is one of the best wins in MMA.

and how is that Sean Sherk's fault? this is why i say you can't compare because you can't give Sean Sherk the chance to fight Poirer's resume and you can't give a chance to Poirer to fight Sean Sherk's resume. that's why i don't go by who they beat. he has better wins but he also has worse losses. do you only count his better wins? or are you also going to count him getting sparked by Michael Johnson? because i believe Sean Sherk would've smotherfucked Michael Johnson.
You're taking a crazy black and white stance on this imo lol. You count everything. So you get the bad losses (btw MJ isn't a bad loss people need to stop saying this. He's inconsistent yes but look at his resume he has multiple great wins) which in DP's case would be ONE BAD LOSS and that's if you're being a little ridiculous. Meanwhile he has wins over:

Conor x2
Gaethje
Holloway x2
Bobby Green
Anthony Pettis
Jim Miller
Dan Hooker
Michael Chandler

Compared to Sherks:

Karo x2 (before he was any good)
Nick Diaz
Florian
Franca
Tyson Griffin

Sure, Sherk had lots of fights and generally only lost to elites but look at his resume. Just look at it. 30 fights into his career and he had really no notable wins. The best name by far here is Florian which is also how he won a title. then he got crushed by Penn badly in the unification bout. And Florian never went on to become a champ at any weight class. So what's the logical metric we would be using to place Sherk higher? An essentially worthless title run, where he won a belt by beating a fighter that was not championship level and then was immediately stripped for ped usage and then stomped out by the true champ? Only losing to elites despite not really having elite wins? Theorizing on how hypothetical matches might have went? Because I don't think DP would have struggled to beat Evan Dunham and he still has a much better resume than Sherk lmao.

And I dug deep to try to add value to Sherks resume wheereas I didn't even list all of Dustins name wins.
Romero is probably the biggest untapped potential in MMA. The guy has a near 50/50 record against top 15 ranked competition in the UFC 7-4, but was arguably losing most of those fights until he lands the KO late. It's weird because he was probably at one point the best fighter in MW, but he never fully realised that potential.

His wins against Weidman and Rockhold were both post major KOs. Brunson was early but bothTim and and Machida were coming into the twilights of their careers. He probably fought one of the best versions of Jacare though. He didn't beat Whittaker in either fight, people just forget that WHittaker permanently changed his face with a headkick and he still has droopy face and nerve damage from it because he didn't do the baby giraffe like WHittaker does.

BIsping has the better overall wins, but ROmero has more of them via fights he was getting outpointed in and then scored huge KO's. Bispings KO of Prime Rockhold is one of the best wins in MMA.
Bisping has the better wins? Bro what? Bisping has that ONE Rockhold win and Romero also koed Rockhold along with beating Jacare and landing that tiger knee on Weidman. Bisping got beat up in title eliminators his entire career and never looked as dominant as Romero did for a stretch there.

Nope. Stop lying. Everyone on this board turned into colby when aljo won
Bro I get it after the first Yan fight but he won the rematch. It wasn't pretty to look at but he did it and then he got defenses too. Can't say a guy isn't the champ just because he's lame AF lol.

He kept on progressing from his early days at FW where he lost against great names (KZ, Cub, Conor) and won against others (Holloway).

He went up a class a collected the scalps of Gaethje, Alvarez, Holloway, Conor, Hooker, Pettis, Chandler..

In a historically deep division, he showed durability, persistence, and regularity. He's still keeping young prospects from getting near that belt.

He's a great boxer, maybe the greatest of the division, he has deceptive cardio, not that easy to take down, he's a fricking dog and he's a danger from round 1 to the end of round 5. You can never count him off and that's why i'm fine with him skipping Charles and Gaethje for another TS

Maybe top 5 LW all time, but for sure a JBG all time candidate and a fan pleaser !
I feel like people have taken him/Gathje for granted. When they retire they'll be missed. Both of them are animals.

Bro I get it after the first Yan fight but he won the rematch. It wasn't pretty to look at but he did it and then he got defenses too. Can't say a guy isn't the champ just because he's lame AF lol.
You’re a good man

Dustin has more greater wins at LW than Islam. That's just how it is. Volk is a FW who went up a class. That's not a top 5 LW win. Islam only has Charles as a great achievement at LW

These are just facts

Dustin has 1-2 great wins a lightweight and that's Justin, who smoked his ass in the rematch -- and Chandler, who was 35 and 2-3 in the last 3 years. Dustin has built a resume almost entirely on washed, old, former champions who were limping into retirement before fighting him (Pettis, Eddie, Chandler, etc.) or mid carders like Green, Hooker, etc.

By your logic about Volk, Max (a lesser fighter at FW than Volk), is not a good win for Dustin. Okay.

Conor was washed and a part time fighter when Dustin beat him. In their primes, Conor smoked him and sent him to the back of the line.

Justin smoked him.

Khabib smoked him.

Charles smoked him.

Michael Johnson smoked him.

Sorry man but I take 25-1 and champion with defenses against prime fighters like Charles and Volk over 30-8, gets finished like 20% of the time he's in the cage and never been champion. It's not even competitive. Beating once great fighters once they're done for isn't the hallmark of greatness.

All this to be said, Dustin being like top 10-15 LW? Yeah I can get behind that. He has lots of reasons to be. But above any champion is arguable at best (and a losing argument), he's not even 1st or 2nd or 3rd over the last 5 years (Islam, Charles, Justin).

Last edited:
Love his resilience but his fight IQ is mid tier at best, absolutely a fan though.

I like fighters with defence or at least someone who can nulify his opponents strengths.

Porier is the type of fighter who could never put together a legendary streak due to his inability to perform the above.

Back