Media Dustin Poirier: "It Could Be My LAST Fight" At UFC 302 Depending on Result

I'm not into conspiracy theories and stuff but still such talking gives me vibes that he already settled for a loss and just prepares his fans for his retirement. UFC definitely is more interested in Islam as champ to keep all the ME/Muslim partners and fanbase hooked and this fight arrangement is sus as well. I hope its not fixed

I couldn’t/wouldn’t blame him if he retired on top like that. He has other enterprises going on apart from fighting. And he’s made a lot of money.

Like he said.. You don’t ride for free.

May as well get out in the best physical condition possible. As it relates to what would be a 40 fight pro mma career (This would be 33 WEC/UFC fights, since 2010).

Sounds like everybody wins. We were entertained for a long time. The UFC profited from having him under contract. And Dustin made a lot of money. And has ways to make money after fighting.

Dustin can beat anybody on any given day (bar Khabib...).
He can take it aswell as give it out but to keep having wars depends more and more on BIG paydays.
I wonder if he'd entertain the Conor quadrilogy if they offered him a burgundy thong night.

Can you imagine? Might be the best retirements ever if he clips Islam and retires.
It's unfortunate though, because if the hook only wobbles him and islam shoots a take down to get out of trouble....We all know dustin is jumping the gilly and letting islam take top...He really needs it to drop him completely.

He will retire and do boxing with Nate...

It's unfortunate though, because if the hook only wobbles him and islam shoots a take down to get out of trouble....We all know dustin is jumping the gilly and letting islam take top...He really needs it to drop him completely.
He did get KO'd once before so he doesn't have the "invincible" feeling that Khabib has and Islam does tend to fight on his feet alot more.

Which might mentally be better for Poirier. Honestly at the extreme odds of +600 almost, it's a good bet to take.

The Nate/Jorge boxing match is going to tank so badly. I think that will end Nate boxing
I agree that fight will tank. It's advertised off some weird streaming service. I don't even know the exact date. It might be going head to head against one of the UFC cards. I think the issue is they are trying to promote it themselves. I think they will do ok at the gate because they are doing it in Inglewood. It will tank for the PPV.

I agree that fight will tank. It's advertised off some weird streaming service. I don't even know the exact date. It might be going head to head against one of the UFC cards. I think the issue is they are trying to promote it themselves. I think they will do ok at the gate because they are doing it in Inglewood. It will tank for the PPV.
It’s going against Dustin/Islam and bivol/beterbiev is that day as well

If it weren't for his multiple title shots when LW was/is a revolving door of the same title challengers, I'd be neutral of him but because of how he's perpetually at the top while not fighting hardly any new challengers I can't say I'd be upset.

Not a good sign when fighters begin talking about their last fight…
Dustin seems to have one foot out of the door these days. I had my doubts in the BSD fight, but I could see him losing his last fight if he keeps going in with this mentality.
He's been talking about it for several fights now

I'll believe Dustin when he really retires. He is the true definition of a fighter. He can say he's retired then come back a year later for big paycheck or make another run for the title.

If he does call it quits for good, good for him. He's accomplished a fuck ton in mma. Best of luck to him. He's a beast.

Man I hate it when a guy challenging for the title is talking about retiring. Such a letdown.

Title challenger is more interesting when they have big plans ahead of them

This title shot is so stupid, especially because he’s going to retire if he somehow actually pulls it off.

He's been talking about leaving so much, but still probably will stay. Some big name fights are there no matter the result of the fight. He'll probably lose, but who knows.

Back