Media Dwayne the rock johnson once thought about fighting in mma

I think there was a ton of overlap in the mma and professional wrestling scenes in the 90s so this doesn’t really surprise me. I would say he made the right decision lol.

Bullshit. There’s a reason he was a fake wrestler instead of a real fighter.
The douche is simply trying to get some cred by casuals he wants to watch his “Hammer” mockumentary.
I never disliked the Rock before he tried to tie his name to real fighters with the BMF title and his UFC shoes. Can’t stand that Hollywood sellout now.

You have no idea how many real fighters were doing pro wrestling back in the day.

I'm sure Pride could've brought him in to get his ass kicked. If you look at the early cards, half of the fighters were pro wrestlers. Very few of them had any success.

I think this is one of those bullshit statements people make because they think it makes them sound tough.
He was in the Canadian football league in 95 and nobody would know who he was if they accidentally ran him over , then he enters pro wrestling and by 97-98 he’s starting to catch fire big time and is in line to make some serious money .
At what point in this time line was he going to fight Mma with basically not training for basically no money

lol.

'i have big muscles, maybe i should try cage fighting.'

"Everybody has a beach muscle until they get punched in the face." Yeah, Karate - 2024.

A-level athlete destroys the UFC.

Professional wrestlers are MMA greats. Shamrock, Severn, Brock, Ronda, Saku. It's clearly an easy transition to domination.

He would have been goat for sure.

the only guys in mma who even get anywhere were ncaa champions like lashley.
For sure. Those guys know what real battles are from experience. They don' just lift weights "for looks" and train to learn how to "'take bumps", stomp their foot when they throw a punch, and how to NOT hurt a guy while appearing vicious AF.

Not a slam at all to wrestlers - what they do is tough, takes strength & much more.
The Rock was incredible as a showman - his $hit-talking & promos were top notch.

Last edited:
I wouldn't be surprised if he did well, he had some good genes. The Blacks and Samoans are pretty good races for Mixed Martial Arts success and the Rock's got both.

rock is like 6" 6'2" tops
but he states hes 6'5" on his website

the fucking tool lies as much as hogan

this has been proven to be false because the timeline doesn't match up and is probably a lie by The Rock. but i don't see why people are acting like he'd get his ass kicked. Pride had a lot of fodder that he could've gotten wins over by just his sheer size and athleticism alone. people forget guys like Yoshihisa Yamamoto, Takayama, Zuluzinho, Giant Silva and a myriad of other guys who were just as unskilled as The Rock is, fought in Pride.

people are acting like The Rock is CM Punk. he was in his 20s, gigantic, athletic, and probably on steroids even back then.

Back