PBP DWCS 2022: Week 1, Jul. 26, 8 PM ET/5 PM PT PBP Discussion Thread

How many contracts are given out on Week 1 of DWCS 2022?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Predictions for tonight:

Charlie Campbell TKO's Chris Duncan, earns contract.

Vinicius Salvador beats Shannon Ross by decision, doesn't get signed.

Francis Marshall beats Connor Matthews by decision in a battle of can-crushers, doesn't get signed.

Waldo Cortes-Acosta decisions Danilo Suzart but gets signed coz he's a HW with decent hands.

Billy Goff scores a late TKO of Shimon Smotritsky, and gets signed.

<JennieThumbsUp>
Predictions for tonight:

Charlie Campbell TKO's Chris Duncan, earns contract.

Vinicius Salvador beats Shannon Ross by decision, doesn't get signed.

Francis Marshall beats Connor Matthews by decision in a battle of can-crushers, doesn't get signed.

Waldo Cortes-Acosta decisions Danilo Suzart but gets signed coz he's a HW with decent hands.

Billy Goff scores a late TKO of Shimon Smotritsky, and gets signed.

Almost perfect

<JennieThumbsUp>

Costa was almost exclusively a grappler up until he began working at his striking game and has been knocking out every opponent since. He dropped and nearly knocked out his 12-0 opponent tonight despite being at a huge reach disadvantage. There are 2 flyweights on the UFC roster that have a 72 inch reach. Costa, who is small for a FLW, likely would have never fought anyone in the UFC as big as his opponent on DWCS.

I cant imagine being a "promoter" with JP Buys on my roster but passing on a beast like Costa.
Costa looked good, I think he will make it to the UFC at some point, but he and his opponent were both way too tentative in the first round. You're a flyweight, your advantage over the heavier weight classes is speed and cardio, you've got to go out balls to the wall from the opening bell.

Buys hasn't impressed in the UFC but he went balls to the wall in his Contender Series fight and got a first-round finish.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back