PBP DWCS 2022: Week 6, Aug. 30, 8 PM ET/5 PM PT PBP Discussion Thread

How many contracts will be given on Week 6 of DWCS 2022? (Get the right answer and win 1M Vcash!)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think I won it all.
89499-3004997.png
Username checks out

So why put them on this show if they're too "green"? He signs the most impressive performances.

I think this season has legit prospects, most are champs from regional orgs with unbeaten streaks.

Definitely some legit prospects. Abbassov, Ismael and Gabriel Bonfim are great ones coming up Im excited for. A lot of the signings are of too green of guys though, not a huge fan of signing all these 6-0 and 8-2 prospects who obviously aren't some standout athlete with an elite background. The UFC roster is already extremely diluted but whatever. I think Kinoshita could stand to have 4-5 more fights before the UFC easily and will probably either end up going down to LW or getting smashed by big Welterweights.

Definitely some legit prospects. Abbassov, Ismael and Gabriel Bonfim are great ones coming up Im excited for. A lot of the signings are of too green of guys though, not a huge fan of signing all these 6-0 and 8-2 prospects who obviously aren't some standout athlete with an elite background. The UFC roster is already extremely diluted but whatever. I think Kinoshita could stand to have 4-5 more fights before the UFC easily and will probably either end up going down to LW or getting smashed by big Welterweights.

Well these 6 - 0 and 8 - 2 athletes will most likely end up in the opposition orgs (i.e Bellator, PFL, etc.) if not signed from this show. I think 6 - 0 and 8 - 2 are respectable records for the contender series.

What are you expecting on this show? 20 - 0 record fighters?

Well these 6 - 0 and 8 - 2 athletes will most likely end up in the opposition orgs (i.e Bellator, PFL, etc.) if not signed from this show. I think 6 - 0 and 8 - 2 are respectable records for the contender series.

What are you expecting on this show? 20 - 0 record fighters?

20-0? Relax. It's a pretty nuanced discussion, some 6-0 guys are ready but typically the UFC waited until guys had 10-12 wins under their belt which I think is reasonable for a prospect. A lot of these guys really don't have much potential to amount to much in the UFC and there's better prospects to be signed in many cases, it's just other promotions care about them so you'd have to shell out more than 10k contracts. I watched the UFC not sign Vartanyan and Shabliy for years while I waited.

I enjoy the contender series and some of their talent is truly great. Guys like Abbasov, the Bonfim Brothers should probably have been signed directly they're so much more talented and proven than 95% of guys on the contender series though.

Back