DWCS Contender Series Week 5, Tuesday, August 23

I don't know if he'd have knocked out his last one, I thought he was a decent regional test for Neves going in. Sure he might have done but I don't think it'd necessarily be a walkover.
i think likely he smashes him tko at 1st or early2nd round by gnp. He's definitely more skilled, the ufc scouts have him here in dwcs for a good reason.

But do you think Perkin would have gotten mounted by this guy two years ago into the second round? João Victor dos Santos ("Johnny Samurai") | MMA Fighter Page | Tapology

Not just mounted but spent almost 2 or 3 mins on his back eating ground and pound.

Do you think Perkin would have taken 3 and half rounds smashing Jhon Lourenço ("Malvadeza") | MMA Fighter Page | Tapology
only for it to be stopped by cut stoppage? That guy would have taken him the distance if it weren't for that cut likely.

I guess where im getting at is that Perkin is already further into the mma game than where Neves is right now. Perkins best performance was going against a 5-0 amatuer champ to a draw Krzysztof Wiśniewski ("Big Man") | MMA Fighter Page | Tapology, and that was 2018 4 years ago. He's further down the skill level and has been training likely a lot longer since before 2016 , most likely 2012 or 2013. Neves looks like he still has big holes in his grappling, a weakness you can't have in this level of the ufc.

If we want to figure out who is the better mma fighter and can utilize every aspect affectively, Perkins is more well rounded. now of course there are exceptions like good kick boxers with tdd and athletic. but Neves does not have neither gd athletic cardio nor decent grappling. If im looking at this from value side. im taking the 200+ underdog with more experience, better grappling, and no history of being koed vs a guy that cant grapple well and has low opponent rating who struggled with low level competition two years ago.

Last edited:
i think likely he smashes him tko at 1st or early2nd round by gnp. He's definitely more skilled, the ufc scouts have him here in dwcs for a good reason.

But do you think Perkin would have gotten mounted by this guy two years ago into the second round? João Victor dos Santos ("Johnny Samurai") | MMA Fighter Page | Tapology

Not just mounted but spent almost 2 or 3 mins on his back eating ground and pound.

Do you think Perkin would have taken 3 and half rounds smashing Jhon Lourenço ("Malvadeza") | MMA Fighter Page | Tapology
only for it to be stopped by cut stoppage? That guy would have taken him the distance if it weren't for that cut likely.

I guess where im getting at is that Perkin is already further into the mma game than where Neves is right now. Perkins best performance was going against a 5-0 amatuer champ to a draw Krzysztof Wiśniewski ("Big Man") | MMA Fighter Page | Tapology, and that was 2018 4 years ago. He's further down the skill level and has been training likely a lot longer since before 2016 , most likely 2012 or 2013. Neves looks like he still has big holes in his grappling, a weakness you can't have in this level of the ufc.

If we want to figure out who is the better mma fighter and can utilize every aspect affectively, Perkins is more well rounded. now of course there are exceptions like good kick boxers with tdd and athletic. but Neves does not have neither gd athletic cardio nor decent grappling. If im looking at this from value side. im taking the 200+ underdog with more experience, better grappling, and no history of being koed vs a guy that cant grapple well and has low opponent rating who struggled with low level competition two years ago.
Bruh Perkin has gotten reversed and mounted and put in deep guillotines by his 7-7 opponent haha. Everything about both these opponents is sloppy

Parkin's grappling is decent but it's sloppy, and he's mostly been successful with it against guys who are helpless in that department. I don't think you can call Neves' ground game trash just because he got mounted after a bad kimura attempt once. He's shown a lot more competence otherwise.

That being said, think the line is wide. Not touching Neves at these odds, Parkin is prob the best dog here.

Bruh Perkin has gotten reversed and mounted and put in deep guillotines by his 7-7 opponent haha. Everything about both these opponents is sloppy
i know the fight you're referencing, he reversed mount seconds later against ashley, that is no where near as bad . at least the guy he fought had 14 fights, not 1-2. and the two times he got down on his back it was reversed, and then a tko finish followed up.

I'm not trying to sell Perkin as a world beater, he is low tier, honestly the entire card is filled with just average fighters, no one impresses me, but he is going to win all the grappling exchanges against Neves. If Perkin can survive round one, he has it in the bag imo, because Neves looked tired after that mount. the grappling stamina edge is on Perkin.

Parkin's grappling is decent but it's sloppy, and he's mostly been successful with it against guys who are helpless in that department. I don't think you can call Neves' ground game trash just because he got mounted after a bad kimura attempt once. He's shown a lot more competence otherwise.

That being said, think the line is wide. Not touching Neves at these odds, Parkin is prob the best dog here.
we dont know if he has improved grappling, we havent seen him fight a grappler since then.

its never good sign for a -250 favorite to collapse on the ground after a fight with a can, the grappling made him fatigued. time stamped.

Rayanne Amanda (+200) over Denise Gomes $40.00 to win $80.00
Amanda / Gomes FGTD (+130) $40.00 to win $52.00

"Hey Siri, play Baha men - who let the dogs out"

Flowers +290 to win .87u
Santos Aguilar +200 to win .6u

Last edited:
I have no idea who Saimaan is but I'm picking him just based on his intense sherdog profile pick and young age. He basically looks like a guy Dana will jizz over and hand him a contract.
Hey it's not the first time this logic would have worked.

Think the comment about Parkin's record is a little unfair. One of those guys is 0-23 lol. I don't think Neves' prior comp is really much better. I'm still on Neves but Parkin has a winning skillset for HW and I can't count out it working here.

Also for the Flowers-Gogoladze fight, I think Flowers is being a little bit underestimated, but I think he just looks good against low quality competition. Against good comp he either wilts or just looks alright. Gogoladze's had a couple setbacks but he's very young and destroying good fighters.

knowing that greek guy picked neves , gives me hope, he gets chit wrong all the time.

u2.5 is dead i guess, gomes wasted too much time with her bs 20 spin wheel kicks. shoulda fought like end of 2nd round from the start. dogshit wmma

Back